“The worst experience ever! Don't stay here! Save yourself.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Desert Sands Motel

Desert Sands Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Desert Sands Motel
You added Desert Sands Motel to your Saves list
5000 Central Ave, Albuquerque, NM 87108 (Highland Business)   |
Ranked #120 of 145 Hotels in Albuquerque
Wonderland
“The worst experience ever! Don't stay here! Save yourself.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

It is the worst experience I have ever had. It seems that the hotel has some illegal activities at night. The doors don't close so anybody can come into your room in the middle of the night and personnel do not want to fix this problem. The personnel is rude with horrible attitude. They wanted to call the police because I arrived at 9 pm. and it was not a good time for them to arrive. The second day they kicked me out because I arrived with my brother and no visitors are allowed. The did not give me my money back for the rest of the nights and I had to go to another hotel in the middle of the night after a big fight with the personnel. They don't allow you to arrive late or have visitors drop you off. It is located in a bad area. Managers don't care about the customer service experience. It is the worst hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
7 Thank sandybell1012

Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

The first room they sent me to had a broken bathroom & no working air fan. The second room was better--the loo was dirty, but not un-usable, & the room fan worked. The mattress seemed new & was fairly comfortable. Unfortainatley there were people in & out of the room next door all night & imagine my surprise when I woke up to multiple bug bites over my body. The doctor said it was spider bites, but I still took precautions for bed bugs. As I left the maid was in the room next door, "sweeping" the carpet with a dirty rag... I love crappy old hotels, but I will never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Kyetaka

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

albuq
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

ask about room 109 there is suposed to be some ghostly activitys in there some say it is a poltergiest?well not go back to that room again but the hotel is clean and beds are comfertable cheap rooms

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank alovato28
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

This is a cool retro hotel with a nice big neon sign. The rooms aren't fancy but it is cheap.
The area has character too.with some nice restaurants not far. The movie "no country for old men" was filmed here we found out.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple