“Cheap hotel, nice price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Desert Sands Motel

Desert Sands Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Prices are for rooms, adults
Save Saved
You added Desert Sands Motel to your Saves list
5000 Central Ave, Albuquerque, NM 87108 (Highland Business)   |
Ranked #130 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Cheap hotel, nice price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

It was really cheap. Quality not all that well, but not as dangerous as everybody says. Reallly nice for one night, but not for a long stay. day manager nicer but the night one a little creepy.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

i stayed in this room for 3 weeks and complained about the bed bugs, the owner offered to spray the room but i think it was just water they sprayed it down with, everynight for the last 2 weeks i was woken up with bites i complained and the owner said i can move but with a a refund when i had 2 more weeks to hang in there,,the mattress you can tell had been there for years,,yuk yuk the carpet is aweful,,omg,,what a way to treat people,,

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

We came here to this motel instead of another. Big mistake!!! Up stairs we can hear every step the people make all night long. Then they bang the floor we call and complain and they do nothing about it. The beds are super hard the sheets weren't clean we washed them our selves. Lots of bed bugs and roaches! They say you can have visitors untill 8pm all though you can not. Also you can not stand out side of your room. I was talking on my phone and the person from the office Bill said I could not be out there. He also called me a stupid Jew as he walked away and said I had an attitude cause I asked him why I couldn't be outside on my phone when right upstairs there were people dealing drugs outside! I have been to many hotels out here, but this is by far the worst and that's saying a lot. I also just filed a report online with the city, health department, code enforce ment and the BBB. It asked on here if I would recomend this place to a friend , ha , I wouldn't recomend this place to a dog on his last leg!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Wonderland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

It is the worst experience I have ever had. It seems that the hotel has some illegal activities at night. The doors don't close so anybody can come into your room in the middle of the night and personnel do not want to fix this problem. The personnel is rude with horrible attitude. They wanted to call the police because I arrived at 9 pm. and it was not a good time for them to arrive. The second day they kicked me out because I arrived with my brother and no visitors are allowed. The did not give me my money back for the rest of the nights and I had to go to another hotel in the middle of the night after a big fight with the personnel. They don't allow you to arrive late or have visitors drop you off. It is located in a bad area. Managers don't care about the customer service experience. It is the worst hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

The first room they sent me to had a broken bathroom & no working air fan. The second room was better--the loo was dirty, but not un-usable, & the room fan worked. The mattress seemed new & was fairly comfortable. Unfortainatley there were people in & out of the room next door all night & imagine my surprise when I woke up to multiple bug bites over my body. The doctor said it was spider bites, but I still took precautions for bed bugs. As I left the maid was in the room next door, "sweeping" the carpet with a dirty rag... I love crappy old hotels, but I will never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
albuq
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

ask about room 109 there is suposed to be some ghostly activitys in there some say it is a poltergiest?well not go back to that room again but the hotel is clean and beds are comfertable cheap rooms

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

This is a cool retro hotel with a nice big neon sign. The rooms aren't fancy but it is cheap.
The area has character too.with some nice restaurants not far. The movie "no country for old men" was filmed here we found out.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Desert Sands Motel? Share your experiences!