“The customer needs to be the priority~” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse

Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse
6855 4th Street NW Suite A, Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, Albuquerque, NM 87107-6100
505-341-0831
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,535 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Osuna
Transit: Bus Stop directly in front of the shopping center.
Description: Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse is the only speak easy in New Mexico! We feature exquisite steaks and seafood in a superb dining atmosphere. The culmination of live music, great food and top notch service, as well as the need for "the Password", create an atmosphere and dining experience that surely proves to be one of a kind.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“The customer needs to be the priority~”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

It was not too bad! The dining area was very dark and the dress code was not enforced. Although this is ABQ you should still abide by a code! The wait staff was very good EXCEPT ours. Dusty was not attentive, in fact rude and preoccupied. I probably will not return due to the unprofessional demeanor.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
vshllc, Public Relations Manager at Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you Michael S for bringing our issues with your server to light. We have since extended further training to insure this does not happen to another guest. We look forward to your return!

Fairfax, Virginia
“Great Food - Great Service - Cool Fun Theme”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

After finding this great place on a work trip several years ago my crew and I go here every time we go to ABQ for work. Went Friday night and it was the best ever. Also got lucky and got a table in the lounge so got to hear and see the live jazz trio.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
vshllc, Public Relations Manager at Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you "Marc L"! We are grateful we could get you in as well! See you next time you're in town!
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I took my daughter for a splurge night out, wanting to try something different but also knowing Vernon's had gotten mixed reviews. I was interested in seeing the ambiance and tasting the food for myself. The bouncer at the door in 30s garb which was a nice touch but there was not anything else inside that made the "30s" ambiance special. We sat in the area with the music (Stu Macaskie Trio) which actually made the night worthwhile.

I ordered the lamb chops...the waiter came with a dish and after tasking a few bites full of gristle he offered to redo the dish. It was redone..same experience with the second plate...the waiter asked me how the Elk was and I said, No, I ordered the lamb. They redid the dish again this time with lamb which was very good. While I was waiting for the 3rd re-do the waiter felt bad and bought my daughter and I a drink. The waiter was very apologetic and also gave us a free dessert. My daughter had a fish special which was very tasty and an intriguing mixed drink that she loved. While the lamb was good there was nothing about the quality of food or ambiance that made it worth the high dollars. Do yourself a favor and go to a different restaurant!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
We have failed to meet this guest's expectations as well as our own. We will be personally reaching out to this guest immediately.
Houston, Texas
“Amazing steaks, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Had an excellent steak at Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse (aka Speakeasy) while in in Albuquerque. The experience was tops, with an excellent filet, great hors d'oeuvres, and prohibition-era cocktails. A little hard to find, and you have to remember the password given you when you make the reservation, but it's worth it to have a world-class meal in Albuquerque.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
vshllc, Public Relations Manager at Vernon's Hidden Valley Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you "Parislover16"! We are pleased that you enjoyed your Vernon's Experience! Looking forward to your return!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“POOR CONSISTENCY OF FOOD AND SERVICE!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Brought my friend from Chicago there last night for dinner. I raved about the place! That last time I was there I was sure it was the best Rib Eye I ever ate. This time...disappointing to say the least. She ordered a filet but ordered a drink first. Instead of getting the drink, the waiter (who was terrible in every way) would not just leave us alone and get the drink. He had to go through all the specials and it was annoying. He was sweaty (dripping off his brow) and my friend said he smelled!!! He didn't lean over me so I was lucky not to have that experience. My Rib Eye came with a bone in it, which is not what I wanted, but it was there. AND THEN... it was COLD, RAW on the inside, even though, I was clear about medium. They had to take my practically RAW steak back and my friend was finished eating before it was returned to me. For a restaurant that is an high end steak house, they should have done better. I can't imagine eating there again for a long time. HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! I wish I would have taken a photo of my steak to show the rawness. Thinking about it is grossing me out! Last time it was so fabulous....

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
"Irie2U" has some complaints that we are looking into...for prevention and for improvement. We have contacted "Irie2U" and have come to a resolution.