“Nice, new and quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
Boulder City, Nevada
“Nice, new and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I stayed at the Residence Inn on International in order to be close to the Presbyterian Hospital. I usually stay at the Residence Inn on Prospect which I really enjoy for its layout and proximity to other Albuquerque venues. This Residence Inn is relatively new and styled more like a traditional hotel - vertical vs. horizontal layout. I had a nice, neat and clean king studio with a large kitchen and refrigerator. The furnishings were modern and the layout of the studio maximized the space.

I did not have time to take advantage of the amenities provided by the hotel except for the complimentary breakfast. The breakfast was the standard fare for this type of hotel. The scrambled eggs were freshly made and in a salute to its location, the hotel provided green chili salsa for the eggs.

I would definitely recommend this Marriott for your stay in Albuquerque.

Green Features: As with all Marriott hotels, they ask that you hang up your towels for subsequent use.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
General_Manager_RI, Manager at Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hello Patty1123,

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for taking the time to review us. I am so happy you enjoyed the King Studio room. If there is every anything we can do to make your stay even better, please, don't hesitate to ask. Come back soon so you can enjoy the other amenities we offer!

Kind regards,
Hotel Management

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chimayo, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed at this hotel over the weekend. Service and cleanliness was very good. The staff (Wendy) was very professional, courteous and friendly. We needed an early check in and she accommodated us. When we got to the room we found it very clean and very relaxing. I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
JGlynn009, General Manager at Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for the kind review about your recent stay with us! We are glad you found your room to be relaxing. We hope we get the opportunity to take care of you again soon!

Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed one night before flying on a business trip in Albuquerque, and I'd certainly stay here again. I was staying on government per diem, and of all of the hotels pretty much offer the same rate. The Residence sets itself apart from the average hotel, with spacious rooms, a full kitchen, and other amenities typical with an extended stay. The selection of complimentary coffee, teas, etc. in the room are better than most average hotels, and they also offer a free bag of microwave pop corn. The hotel is quite large, so when checking in ask the clerk where the best place is to park and unload your bags if you are staying for a while and have a lot of luggage. This will limit your walk. The Check-In process was very smooth, the front desk attendant was extremely courteous. They have a small shop with microwavable meals, snacks, etc. in case you need a quick meal. The options for food are a little scarce, not many within walking distance. They have a Room Service menu, however it is an off-site company not affiliated with the hotel - and the wait times are a little excessive, over an hour in some cases. The Residence also offers grocery service, you can fill out your grocery list, drop it off at the front desk and they will stock your refrigerator. There is a fee, not sure what it is, but this is certainly a useful service.

Breakfast is available starting at 7 AM, however if you fly early, they have a continental breakfast out with breads, cereals, yogurts, etc. starting at 4 AM. This is very nice, and not many hotels offer this.

Highly recommend this hotel, and I will likely stay here for future business related travel.

Room Tip: If you don't want to lug you bags, ask for a room closer to the elevators.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful description of what you enjoyed about our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Just wanted to mention that our grocery service is actually a complimentary service. Most people would rather avoid the grocery store, so we would love to be able to take care of that for you! We look forward to seeing you with us again soon!

Katy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have stayed at many Residence Inns and this was definitely one of the best. It was really clean and inviting, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I had requested early check-in, and my room was ready for me as requested. The room was quiet and very comfortable, with a good bed and good A/C. The workout room was good as well. It was a very convenient location for me. I would not hesitate to stay here again, and highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your review! I am so glad that you had a great stay with us, and that we were able to accommodate your early check in request! We look forward to seeing you in Albuquerque again!

Arlington, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

While the staff of this hotel is friendly, I got the feeling that there is no effective management of the enterprise. The first day of our three day visit, we discovered that our room key was ineffective in opening the outside door nearest our room. The third time we reported this problem, we were informed that we needed to lift up on the handle to gain entry. The second day of our stay, we were gone from the hotel from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. and returned to find that the room had not been attended to by the housekeeping staff. We reported this oversight to the front desk and were told that it would be attended to. At 5:00, I chased down one of the housekeeping staff and asked the attendant to please take care of the problem as we were expecting guests at about 6:00. I accompanied my request with some currency and the the problem was solved. The third morning, we found that the "full" breakfast for hotel guests consisted of a supply of scrambled eggs, a few bagels and a few pieces of bread for toast, but no meat of any kind. The person at the front desk said that they had more guests than they had anticipated and ran out of food. We booked this hotel on the recommendation of members of the family who had stayed at other units of this property located in other cities. Based on this stay, I doubt if we will book future visits with any Residence Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
General_Manager_RI, General Manager at Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Carl3rd, I am terribly disappointed to hear that your stay was not up to the standard we are accustomed to providing. I apologize that housekeeping did not make it to your room while you were out during the day, but I can assure that we clean every room daily, though some days the housekeepers do work later than usual. We have ordered a new lock for that exterior door that you referred to as it seemed to recently begin only responding to the upward pull rather than what we all would normally expect to be a downward pull. I can fully appreciate how frustrating that was for you during your stay. I am not certain of the time you visited breakfast on your third morning, but I can assure you I will be personally looking into what happened in that situation, which does not sound like a typical experience. I do hope that the first two mornings met your satisfaction. I would love to talk to you personally about your experiences, if you would like to contact me at the hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed Memorial Day weekend and it was very nice studio room the only thing I can say bad is that they never vacuumed the halls or 4 th floor for the whole 4 days we were there . Everyone was nice and friendly!

Stayed May 2014
General_Manager_RI, Manager at Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Hello KarenaJoy,

We appreciate your comment and the rating! We are so happy that you enjoyed your room and our staff. Thank you for bringing the lack of vacuuming to my attention. I apologize if the floor was unclean, and I assure you that we will do everything in our power to correct the issue. A clean environment for our guests is very important to us. We hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend! Come stay again.

Sincerely, Hotel Management
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

This Residence Inn was the mirror image of one that I stayed in across the country the night before. That's a good thing. We knew what to expect and we got the quality we expected. Very convenient location near airport and for jumping on the interstate. Our only issue was that we had booked through hotels.com and the desk clerk told us we could still earn Marriott rewards points - which turned out not to be true.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello srjh,
Thank you for the review! We love getting feedback from our guests. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location. I am sorry that front desk clerk misinformed you. We will work harder to educate our front desk clerks about Marriott Rewards. Please come again!

Hotel Management

Been to Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!