“Second stay as good as the first” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #38 of 145 Hotels in Albuquerque
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Second stay as good as the first”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here two weeks ago on a business trip and was very satisfied, so when I had to be in Albuquerque again last week, there was no doubt where I would stay. Friendly staff, very willing to assist any way they can. Nice room, clean hotel, big comfortable lobby, great location. When I one back in June I will definitely stay there.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I picked this hotel due to the close proximity to the Airport and to the VA Medical Center where I was attending a conference.

I was picked up promptly from the airport by the hotel shuttle, the driver was courteous and very friendly. Upon my arrival to the hotel, I found the lobby beautiful and the hotel desk staff friendly an accommodating.

I booked a standard room with a king size bed. Imagine my surprise when I opened the door and had a suite. I have to admit, I felt a bit guilty staying in such a beautiful room for only $81.00 per night! It was very modern and well appointed, clearly too much room for just one person but I enjoyed it none the less. This hotel would be an excellent choice for someone needing to stay in long term hotel housing situation, it has everything that you need including a beautiful kitchen and full size refridgerator.

I loved that the hotel offered a daily breakfast and dinner 3 nights per week. I have never stayed at a hotel that offered dinner before. I had breakfast on 2 mornings and dinner on the 2 nights I was there. I thought the breakfast offered a good selection, your typical cereals, and hot items, eggs and a meat. One dinner offered a salad bar while another night offered Hamburgers/hot dogs with a side. I didn't think the dinners were anything special, but it was good and a nice alternative to going out.

This hotel is within walking distance (about 15 mins) to a few restraunts. It is also on the bus line if you want to go to Old Town etc. Had I stayed longer I would have rented a car to get out a bit more.

Now the bad news: The only missed opportunity I would say, is the outside patio with the fireplace. I did sit outside and loved the idea of having a fireplace and a comfortable seating area. My only complaint is that the patio area was really dirty. Not just dusty but dirty. Bird droppings and dirty dishes were scattered around. I don't think this is a situation where the wind blew and it was dusty, it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time, even the fireplace cover was filthy.

Overall I loved the hotel and would definately stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Azbobbie0962
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Residence Inn by Marriott never disappoints, and this location is no exception. The room was perfectly appointed for a weekend stay or a two weeks away from home. The kitchen had the right appliances, dinnerware, and utensils for a family of 4 if needed, and it was all VERY CLEAN --like new, even. The free breakfast was all you could ask for, and the staff was very pleasant at every encounter.

Kearney, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Not only is the Residence Inn close to the Airport there are eating establishments with in walking distance and there is ease of access to the bus system. The shuttle bus is easily accessible for transportation to the university or downtown. The hotel van is available for pickup and drop-off on a as required basis. Must call upon arrival and can anticipate about a 5-10min wait. Free breakfast is average. Rooms are typical Residence Inn quality. Of the 4 Marriott properties within a two block area this is my first choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I was impressed enough with a previous weekend stay to return for an even longer stay, well my opinion changed.

For a hotel that is supposed to cater to business when I asked to use a shredder I was told by the assistant manager that one was not available for at least a half hour if at all (never had this problem at other Residence Inns). From that point on my stay went downhill.

The area is not the best, when walking outside I was accosted several times by people asking for money.

Breakfast was good but dinners not up to par with previous Residence Inns. Most staff members were courteous and helpful but I will not return to this hotel again.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Nanadw
Clovis, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Very accommodating staff. Rooms spacious, clean and comfortable. Full kitchen much appreciated. Breakfast and dinners a very nice perk. Hotel is quiet - never heard a plane while inside. Nice outdoor sitting area, pool and hot tub. Really felt like being in a home. Great job, folks!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Quick check-in. Friendly and accommodating. Clean rooms. Great breakfast. Quiet surroundings. Plenty of parking. Fully equipped pantry. I had a late check in and was processed right away. I would definitely stay there again. The top floors has beautiful views of Albuquerque NM