“Best Hotel EVER!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Silver City, New Mexico
“Best Hotel EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Had a wonderful experience at the Residence Inn Albuquerque. The rooms were spacious, clean, and well maintained. It felt more like I was in an apartment than in a hotel room. Breakfast was wonderful, and all the staff were great! The general manager, Janet, made sure everything was taken care of. Everything at this property was well above the Marriott standard. Every guest is treated as a welcomed friend, not just a hotel guest. Will recommend to family and friends! Management is doing a great job!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I'm a Marriott loyalist, but this hotel made me begin to reconsider.

Cutting to the chase, there were three of us staying there, and I booked the two room suite; one bedroom had a king bed and the other had a queen, and each bedroom had its own bathroom. In between the two bedrooms was a nice little living/dining/kitchenette area. I knew that the hotel was pet friendly, but I requested a room in which pets were not allowed. Unfortunately, all rooms allow pets (for a fee), and as soon as I entered the room, I knew that a territorial cat had left its mark. The living room portion of the suite reeked of cat urine. Fortunately, the bedrooms did not. The next morning, I had a staff member come in and spray/disinfect the room, and she observed that there were stains on the carpet. The manager offered us to switch rooms (to a smaller suite) so they could clean the carpets. This would have been a huge inconvenience, since we were preparing to go to a wedding that day. So, we suffered through the smell.

Yet the smell was not the only problem. There was obvious pet damage to the room, with a shredded bed skirt in one room and a battered lamp shade in the other. Also, another problem was the dishwasher, which was not properly secured, and every time one of the racks was rolled out to load dishes, it nearly fell forward. Another huge strike against the hotel was the excessively king soft bed. I've stayed in many Marriotts, so I knew that this was a substandard bed. I asked if they could switch the mattress, but I was given a shrug and a tub of ice cream from the market for my trouble.

Admittedly, the staff was friendly. However, I noticed on numerous occasions that the front desk agents and the housekeeping staff were lackluster. In one instance, I saw the front desk agent lounging on the couch in the lobby. In another I noticed that the housekeeping staff would leave their cleaning cart in the hall every night, right outside my room.

In the end, I gave the general manager a tour of the room, and we negotiated a fair deal that made our stay a bit more worthwhile. We ended up being stranded in Albuquerque because of Hurricane Sandy, but we decided to move to the Courtyard Marriott down the street, which was an overall improvement.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel; there are plenty in the neighborhood.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
General_Manager_RI, General Manager at Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
As stated in your review, we did make an offer to move you to another room for your 4 night stay, but you refused the move, and thus the opportunity to experience the normally superior experience we aim to provide to all of our guests. The room you were in is also our only wheelchair accessible 2-bedroom suite, which means that as a pet-friendly hotel, we do need to make that an option as some individuals require that room type and have service animals, etc. Unfortunately, as anyone who has had to deal with agressive cat urine, you might think you've taken care of it, but it can re-emerge. We have had this room deep cleaned and the carpets professionally cleaned since your stay, and several other happy occupants since. I do recognize it was an unpleasant room for you, and again wish we would have been allowed the opportunity to place you in a room you would have had a much better experience in. We would always love the opportunity to show you what we really are all about should you choose to return to Albuquerque and give us another try.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

In the past few days, I have stayed at Residence Inns in Albuquerque, Oklahoma City (Bricktown), and Cool Springs, Tennessee (about 15 miles south of Nashville). Each one was nicer than the next. I usually choose Fairfield Inns because they are cheaper. But, I got good rates at these Residence Inns so I chose them. I consider all 3 of them to be in the “luxury” category. My review of all hotels will be very similar.

This is the second or third time I have stayed in this Residence Inn in Albuquerque. It’s great. The location is near the airport, but downtown Albuquerque isn’t far away (not within walking distance, though). The girl at the front desk was very pleasant and welcoming, even giving me directions of where to go to get some gas. I like nice people.

I got a 2 bedroom suite that was beautiful. VERY comfy bed with nice, clean linens. There is a bathroom in each of the bedrooms - lots of clean towels, and the bathrooms were spotless. Like all other Residence Inns, there is a full kitchen (including stove top AND oven in this particular hotel), dishwasher, microwave, full frig, ice-maker, etc. There were 3 TV's - one in each bedroom, and one in the living room.

They do something nice at Residence Inns - on certain evenings, they have full meals for the guests (complimentary). This day it was hamburgers and hotdogs. I think that is a nice perk. It’s great if you are on a budget and don’t want to spring for dinner out.

The breakfast at Residence Inns is always good. It’s always a full buffet, complete with eggs, meats, sometimes biscuits or pancakes, a waffle maker, as well as all the continental stuff like English muffins, bagels, cereals, etc. The coffee is always excellent.

Plenty of free parking and great, speedy, wi fi. There is also a big coin laundry room on the first floor; there are about 5 washers and about 8 or so dryers – that’s very nice. Nice gym too – not that I use it!

Room Tip: I've stayed here 3 times and always had a good room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Centerville, Ohio
1,263 reviews 1,263 reviews
2,354 helpful votes 2,354 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport is just about perfect for our Albuquerque and Santa Fe requirements. We love the “new” Residence Inn design, and find it much more friendly than the sad old Residence Inn design.

Come on Marriott, build a new Residence Inn in Santa Fe, and construct a new Marriott Vacation Resort in Santa Fe. The market is ripe.

Our early morning flight required an Albuquerque Airport hotel, and Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport is a no-brainer.

We registered in an instant, took luggage to our room, returned rental car, and Marriott picked up us at the car rental area. There are several restaurants for dinner within a short walking distance, and of course Marriot provided a “service” to deliver dinner to the hotel door.

Marriott has taken it several steps higher at $81.00 per night.

Ok, the same old tired, free breakfast. How about brining in several cooks, a wait staff, and a made to order breakfast. Charge for it. Enough with the free breakfast, and we are Platinum Elite!

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

For $180 per night incl taxes I would expect a lot more:

1. Below average breakfast, especially when I compare it to the one I had at cAsa de suenos ($ 109 per night plus taxes !)

2. Room could have a bit more character - some green potted plants would be nice.

3 Jacuzzi was weak with no power jets.

I expect more from a Marriott !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
While we work to provide the best experience for all of our guests, there are times when some special requests are extraordinarily difficult to provide. The Balloon Fiesta does happen to be one of those times, particularly with late checkouts, as that is a hugely popular request. Which is why we asked every guest that checked in during that period to sign off on the acknowledgement that late checkouts are not available on those days. That does include the final day. We have an obligation to all of our guests, including those who will be checking in after you, and have an expectation regarding our published check in time. Unfortunately when we have large numbers of departures, we cannot accommodate late checkouts, and it is at the discretion of the Executive Housekeeper on the morning of departure if it is possible, and what the maximum out time can be in order to have the rooms ready for those checking in later in the day. We apologize for that confusion, and again, try to mitigate that problem by the acknowledgement you signed at check in that late check outs were not guaranteed to be a possibility. And all of our carpets have been professionally cleaned since your stay.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here 4 days 10/10-10/14 in room 307 a 2 Bedroom suite with grandchildren. I stay at Marriott hotels 40+ days a year. We were hear for the Balloon Fiesta. I never request late checkout, but because of the small grandchildren and their evening air flight I called the hotel on 3PM the day before leaving. They said they would get back to me but did not. I called at 5:30 PM and was told they do not allow late checkout during the Balloon Fiesta. I said it ends the day I was requesting the checkout and the person said she would contact the chief housekeeper and get back to me within 1.5 hours. When she got back to me she said we could stay to 2 PM. The next day the cleaning person knocked on the door at 11 AM and I told her we had a 2PM checkout. Within 15 minutes I received a call informing me we must leave at 1 PM by order of the Executive Housekeeper. I do not think anyone manages this hotel. It is run by housekeeping and they do not do a very good job. The rug in our suite had very obvious dirt spots when we checked in and they were there when we cheCked outs.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our flight was delayed, we were exhausted from being in the airport for 12 hours, waiting for news of our plane, and our airline sent us to the Residence Inn after they re-booked us on a flight for the next day. We had a most beautiful room with a very comfortable king size bed,a music machine, nice furniture, a kitchen, beautiful bathroom and sink & vanity area, extremely quiet. There were nice gardens around the inn and a swimming pool, fitness room, etc. This is not the kind of place we can usually afford to stay at, so we felt really spoiled! The worst thing was having to be up early the next morning, instead of more time to enjoy this great place, and of course we had to miss breakfast.

Room Tip: The 4th floor was great, no noise from above, and easy elevators.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!