“This was the Perfect Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #24 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
Pahoa, Hawaii
“This was the Perfect Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Wow. Where do I begin? My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights, before beginning our RV trip around New Mexico. We got a great rate through Hotwire, and I guess we were prepared for a budget-type hotel, but wow, were we really wrong. We arrived hours early, and wondered if we could get an early check-in. NO PROBLEM! Courteous front desk person, immaculately clean throughout the entire property. The room was HUGE. A true suite. We had large, new flat-screen TV's. Yes, 2 of them, one in the living room area, and one in the bedroom! The kitchen area cupboards and drawers had everything you could need. Need a bottle opener? It's there. Paper towels? It's there. Toaster? It's there. The buffet-style breakfast was AWESOME, and included in the price. The gym was well-equipped and very much appreciated. But listen, folks- a hotel can have all the amenities, all the trimmings....but it's the staff that makes it a successful operation. The Staybridge staff at ABQ Airport Hotel goes above and beyond. These folks actually appear to ENJOY their jobs! Smiles and great attitudes. I was perplexed as to how this happens (I was 27 years in the hospitality business, and never saw such a warm staff), until we went to check-out, and the manager came to greet us. I can't remember her name (darn!), but she was delightful, and seriously listening to any complaints or comments we had. Now we understood why the staff was so happy. It starts with the management, and trickles down. Even the shuttle driver, Luiz, was wonderful, taking us into town for free. We used him repeatedly throughout our trip. To sum it up: PERFECT! Clean, fun, competent, value, safe....with unexpected surprises, all good.
Thank you, Staybridge, for the perfect stay!

Room Tip: Ask the staff for advice when booking; but the Hotel appeared to have quality in all areas.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I selected the hotel based on the proximity to the airport (5 minutes with hotel shuttle) and other reviews. It's a very nice place for a fair price. The room was a big surprise as it was really big. The room even included a small kitchen with a dishwasher. Everything is new and clean what I really appreciated and the check-in was a breeze. Even if you don't want to go out anymore in the evening, they offer a choice of various menus for dinner. But if you do want to go out and you returned your rental car already, the shuttle service includes for free a drive to a restaurant within a 3 mile radius.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had high expectations for this hotel based on previous stays at other Staybridges and, in general, my expectations were met. In advance, as a Platinum PriorityClub member, I was upgraded to the room I wanted. The hotel is new and both public spaces and rooms are attractive.

The only real disappointment was breakfast. The breakfast space is under-sized for the hotel and you might have to wait for a table. Also, my previous experiences at Staybridge included an above-average free breakfast (typical of upscale extended-stay hotels). During my visit, breakfast was more on the level of what I would typically get at a Comfort Inn. They also had only 1 two-slice toaster (why?) so you had to wait for your food and the staff kept making silly mistakes like not refilling the juice machine, etc.

Finally, while extremely close to the airport, access to the hotel is not intuitive, so study a map or use your GPS to avoid the extra time needed to find the hotel. It's on Sunport PLACE, not the better-known and nearby Sunport BLVD, and you access it off University Blvd by turning at Woodward Rd.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Spent 4 nights here while visiting family! Really great property - clean, great appointments, super friendly staff, and great breakfast buffet offerings. Super close to airport but no problems with noise. Comfy bed - slept great! I had not used Staybridge before but will definitely return.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lindsay H, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for posting your review of our hotel! I'm very happy that your first Staybridge experience was so wonderful. We do strive to make our hotel a home away from home for our guests and i'm glad you had the opportunity to experience that! Thank you again for your kind words and we can't wait to see you again soon.
New Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Arriving late in Albuquerque earlier this week we didn't feel like riding to Santa Fe so stayed at the Staybridge Inn at the airport. We didn't know what to expect and were pleasantly surprised with our stay. The hotel looks very new, the room (Queen) was large with a decent kitchennette and a well-appointed bath, though the TV was a bit small and the furniture seemed to be squished into the room; I had to squeeze past a dresser to get to my side of the bed. The breakfast (included) was very well done - scrambled eggs, sausage, cereals, fruits, Danish and all of the expected foods. It is very easy on and off I-25, though hidden behind some other hotels, and despite being at the airport there was absolutely no noticable traffic noise. We enjoyed our visit and were able to start the day refreshed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback on our property! It is a pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to make our hotel the perfect place for a 1 night stay or an extended stay with our variety of amenities. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again soon.
Surrey, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I spent a week vacationing in the Albuquerque area. The good news is that the hotel is new and the staff are pleasant, we enjoyed the free evening socials/meals and coffee in the lobby, nice workout room and laundry room. The bad news is that it is not well managed, at least not while we were there. Here is a summary: damaged electrical outlet in our room may have been a fire hazard - no air conditioning as a result, reported this to the night person who did not pass on the message to the day person to have it looked at nor were we given needed instructions on using the control device on the wall, found soaked paper towel roll under sink had been there for a long time, possible water leak, due to all this we had to change rooms, the cash machine did not work, the computers were not working properly the whole time we were there (we got special permission to use the front desk computer which was nice), pool closed (would have appreciated notice of this prior to booking), met with interim manager who was less than thrilled to discuss all this with us but did cooperate in the end), we were promised a free 30 minute massage to make up for our time and inconvenience but this never worked out either, manager says she called my home number (in Canada !) to let me know about the massage problem rather than leaving a message in our room, yet there was no message when we got back to Canada?? also, the red lights on the phones blinked constantly all night long and every day. We were told this was a "system" error by one person and someone else said it was not a system error. We never did get the lights to stop. Overall, a pleasant stay and nice people but not worth all the hassles.

Room Tip: Check everything to be sure it works (before accepting a room) - everything !
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Brent S,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, We truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. We will address these points and we hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

I look forward to having the opportunity to host you in the near future to allow you to experience our commitment to quality and service.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed here for part of a business trip. Upon arriving, I found they serve a free dinner in the continental breakfast area, which I thought was nice. There are many good restaurants nearby though, if you're looking to get out. The rooms are spacious suites, with kitchenettes, large living areas, and a separate bedroom. The bedroom has a large closet and the vanity area is separated from the bathroom. Being alone, it was way more space than I needed, but definitely appreciated. Having spent the first part of my trip in a hotel where the rooms were very small, this hotel seemed like a palace in comparison. I was very happy with it and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites. I'm also happy to hear that you found our evening social reception to be a convenient option. You are very true in your statement about there being many other great nearby dinning options with out having to travel a great distance! Thank you again for your kind words and we can't wait to see you again soon.
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Staybridge Suites Albuquerque - Airport? Share your experiences!