“Convenient location, friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Convenient location, friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Things started out rocky. Reservations for me and a colleague were unrecognizable even with our confirmation numbers. Dates for our week long stay on business were incorrect and names appeared on our reservation of people we did not know. The hotel was near full capacity with little wiggle room to correct the error. Fortunately Ms. Penny took the time to work with both of us to get everything straightened out. She was patient and personally went to check on our new rooms to make sure they were ready. I ended up in a comfortable handicap accessible room, with no complaints. Mr. Penny checked in with us later on to make sure we were settled in. She greeted us every day and helped coordinate my cab ride to the airport. A week later when I couldn't find the cab receipt (it was supposed to be electronic, but was not sent to my email as expected), I called the hotel and Ms. Penny kindly connected me with the cab company from which I successfully received a receipt. As any seasoned traveler knows, a friendly, attentive, helpful hotel desk agent can make all of the difference.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
gmabqww, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review about the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Old Town. It's good to hear that Penny was able to figure out your reservation and get you in to a room. Again Thank You and we hope to see you soon.

Haleah Todd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Ossining, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

What a great 2 night stay we had at the Andaluz! The hotel is spotless our two room suite was comfortable and clean. Tons of space for clothes etc! We got a great deal for their 'anniversary jubilee' and that made our stay even more special. Only negatives are the location, while it's central (downtown), there are few people on the street. But if you have a car the valet parking is worth it and then you can get anywhere quickly. The other slight issue was that when we checked in the person never told us we had free valet parking and free drinks! I remembered about the drinks and when my husband went down to ask, they said 'oh here is a letter for you', which actually outlined the drinks and free valet. Small detail and we should have remember too but I do think reception should have had that ready for us. They also have an outside bar on the second floor which is delightful. The hotel decor is also very modern but with a southwestern flare. Loved this hotel and all staff were friendly and welcoming. Highly recommend this hotel!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

This Holiday Inn is the best Holiday Inn in the country! I stayed here for business this past week and it was a great hotel from check in to check out. The employees are extremely professional and friendly. I was made to feel welcome from start to finish. My room was quite the entire time and very comfortable. The facilities were also very clean and included all the amenities that one would need. Most importantly, the hotel is located in a great location near downtown and the main roads through Albuquerque. I will definitely stay here again and recommend to all! Finally, I would like to compliment Jalena and Penny at the front desk for starting me off on the right foot from the very beginning, especially after my long drive from Phoenix. They are so friendly and welcoming and do a fantastic and professional job! They should be commended for being the best hotel team in Albuquerque! Thank you and I enjoyed my stay!

Room Tip: Jalena and Penny will help you! They do a great job! Just ask them!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
WOW...Thank you so much for taking the time to write a such an amazing review. Jalena and Penny are a joy to work with, they are passionate about making sure each guest has a memorable experience. Again thank you for taking the time to celebrate our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Old Town Team and we look forward to your next visit!!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I've stayed at many Holiday Inn Express Hotels and chose this one while traveling across country because it had the best and most reviews along our route in Albuquerque. I've been an IHG member for quite some time and have had a variety of "experiences." This was one of the best because of the cleanliness of the hotel, well maintained amenities and professional/hospitable treatment by the staff. It's very convenient for visiting Old Town and has restaurants in walking distance. If you've been to a HIE and felt the disappointment starting with the check in, than you will appreciate this place. I checked in at 630 pm and there were still three staff members at the counter (including the manager). I was greeted warmly and the remainder of the stay was just as pleasant.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites wants to Thank You for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am glad we were able to accommodate during your travel across the country, and we look forward to seeing sometime soon!!

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Great, great, great place to stop on a road trip. Extremely friendly staff (one of the guys on the night shift remembered my name the next morning and asked how my family was doing), pristine rooms, great breakfast. Very good price. Not really sure what more you can ask for. It is very close to the Old Town Square (short drive), and just off the interstate. Ideal hotel.

Old Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

The rooms were very comfortable and spacious. The service was superb with knowledgeable staff to direct us to good restaurants, shopping and sites. Pool and hot tub were a real plus.
The location was convenient, right off the highway and very close to Old Town. Almost everything we wanted to do was usually a drive of 10 minutes or less.

Ontario, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stayed here on 8/1 on our way to visit friends in the Dallas area. Our stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Old Town Albuquerque was great. Nice, clean room was big enough for our family of 4. Check in was super easy and the staff was very friendly. They suggested different options of restaurants for dinner. Best part free breakfast with more than enough food choices to satisfy my family. Easy access on and off the 40 freeway. Cheap gas across the street for easy fill up to get back on the road. If we make the car trip to Texas again we will stay here for sure!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town? Share your experiences!