“Best we have found in Albuqurque” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Escondido, California
“Best we have found in Albuqurque”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

From the friendly and efficient staff at the front desk to the check out process......a GREAT stay.
The room was fresh and clean....as was the carpeting. The room was large and the beds were very comfortable. The location is close to I40 which makes it easy to find and easy to get back on the road. The free breakfast was excellent other than problems with the automatic pancake maker. The pancakes were good once we got them, but a waffle maker might eliminate the headache for the gal in charge of the breakfast room. Highly recommended....and the price is very reasonable!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
SteveZ234,

What a compliment! I am glad that you have found your home away form home with us. I will be sure to post up your wonderful review for our staff to see. We strive each day to make each guest leave us just as happy as you and your family have. We look forward to having you and your family stay with us each time you are in Albuquerque. Have a great day!

Kathleen E. Holguin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were very happy with the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Albuquerque. It was close to the attractions that we wanted to visit during our short stay that included Old Town, Zoo and Sandia Peak Tram (this was a little further to drive to but still easy access to interstates made it easy to get to). The room was clean (this means the most to me), quiet, and very nice employees. My only minor concern was with the fitness room which has an awesome view out full length windows but can be very hot in the afternoon when the sun is setting and there wasn't a fan to help circulate the air. After one time of using it in the afternoon, I switched and used the room in the morning when it was cooler. I would recommend this hotel for convenience, nice rooms and friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
rnmom247,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our location is great! Convenient to both interstates, which makes it easy to get anywhere in our wonderful city. We are looking into getting blinds installed in our fitness center soon. I will pass on your review to our staff.

McAllen, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We checked in and there was a table missing where we usually place our laptop. So we had to go back down and switch to another room. The front was not aware that the table was missing. Later that night whoever was upstairs kept jumping and you could hear them laughing. Floors are not well built, I guess they used cheap material to save on the cost.

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing the street cause you can hear all the traffic day and night.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
johnmari1983,

I want to apologize that the desk was missing from your room upon check in. We feel terrible that the room was not ready for your arrival. If ever there is an issue with noise our Front Desk team and Security team are ready to assist. It is our goal for each guest to have a good nights sleep and pleasant stay. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Have a great day!

Anadarko, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Hotel was very clean. Employees were extremely competent, helpful and professional. Felt very safe. Breakfast was good. Bed was really comfortable. Location was just off the interstate and was close to my business location. Wi-Fi access was good. Parking lot was well lit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Oklahoma1234,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your stay in Albuquerque. I am glad that you found everything to be good. A comfy bed and a safe feeling are on the top of most travelers lists and I am glad you found both and more with us. Hope to see you on your next stay!

Reading, PA
3,295 helpful votes 3,295 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I booked this hotel thinking I could walk to and explore Old Town. It is way too far from Old Town to walk. Plus you have to walk through an industrial area and cross major streets if you were to walk. The hotel was fine. It was clean and the breakfast was adequate, but nothing special.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
luvroma2,

Thank you for your review. I do apologize that you were not able to explore Old Town as easily easily as you had thought. We are appoximately 2 miles from the Plaza. Such a nice area to spend the afternoon doing some shopping, enjoying the museums and not to mention the good food. I am happy to know that you found the hotel clean for your stay. I do hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Albuquerqe.

Killeen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Due to other Trip Advisor reviews of this location, I selected this location while traviling and even went a little out of my way on my route so that I could stay here. There were many pros about this hotel and a few cons which I will mention below. I would recommend this hotel if you are on this side of town and needed a hotel near this location.

Pro's-VERY clean, reasonable rates, good night's rest, pool was magnificently warm, easy access off the highway, nice mountain view in background.

Con's-Location...even though the hotel was very safe and was close to highway access, it was right across the street from a busy gas station that had two security guards on duty both times I went in there. Not to mention, had to travel about 5-10 miles both nights I stayed so that my family and I could go find some good places to eat. Breakfast-can't hold it against the hotel but they offered the usual processed breakfast fare that this IC hotel chain usually offers. Fat eggs were not cooked in middle either so that didn't help. The hot tub, its tiles and water were pretty dirty although pool was clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
DownhereinTX,

What a compliment! Thank you for going out of your way to stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. We of course pass on all comments and continue to work on the con's so we can strive to be better each day. We do recommend that if you are staying with us several nights a car is needed. We are centrally located in Albuquerque - 2 miles from Old Town Plaza, 3 miles to Downtown. Easy access to both Interstates as well. Have a great day! We hope to see you on your next visit to Albuquerque.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is a nice hotel. Receptionist was nice and welcoming, gave us each a bottle of water and thanked us for being Priority Members. There were free cookies on offer too, my husband grabbed 2 :) Bed was comfy and sheets nice. Breakfast was quite plentiful with boiled eggs, yoghurt, fresh bananas which were a nice touch, biscuits and gravy, Sausage patties and breads, muffins and bagels, as well as coffees, teas and juices. Staff were friendly.

Room Tip: We had top floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
littlegypsyau,

Thank you for your review. Thank you for being Priority Club Members as well! This is such a great loyalty program! We find that a cold bottle of water hits the spot after a long travel day. We do this upon check in for all our PC members. Hope your husband enjoyed those fresh cookies :) I am glad you had a good nights sleep on our comfy beds. I believe this is the most important part of a stay. There is nothing like a good nights sleep. Have a great day! We hope to see you again!

Kathleen E. Holguin

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town? Share your experiences!