“Our family was very satisfied with the service and very comfortable with the stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

As soon as we walked in the ladies at the front desk jumped to help us. The hotel is gorgeous and very clean. We had access to the indoor pool from 8 am to 10 pm. Which is a big plus for my kids. The hotel even provided us with towels there in the pool room we didn't have to use ours.The rooms are so nice and elegant. We felt very comfortable and felt at home there. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Luzvillarreal,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy that our Front desk ladies were ready to get you checked in and off to the pool for some relaxing times. I look forward to having you and your family as our guests again in the future!

Kathleen E. Holguin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I booked this hotel as a one night stay on a cross country road trip and found this hotel to be very, very good. We were given a corner room, so I can only assume it was bigger than others (but who really knows) and as a rewards club member, I was given a complimentary bottle of water. Parking was free, and we were able to park right next to our room, making loading and unloading our car a breeze. Our king sized bed was comfortable, our room was clean, and the amenities in the room (television, fridge, microwave) all appeared to be very nice and new. While the hotel itself does not appear to be in the IMMEDIATE vicinity of anything of particular note, we were but a 5 minute drive away from everything we wanted or needed in Albuquerque (which really just consisted of somewhere to eat dinner as this was just a stop along the way). I actually appreciated having to drive in to town, as it gave me a chance to see more of Albuquerque than I would have otherwise. The following morning, the complimentary breakfast was pretty well stocked and served in a nice, spacious room.

So, why does this place get 4 stars and not 5? Well, the internet was very spotty. Perhaps this was just a byproduct of our room being at the end of a hallway, but it was very, very slow and at times did not work at all. Also, the television did not work the morning we left, so between the spotty internet, and the television outage, I cannot give this place 5 stars. Also, while this did not bother my girlfriend, the fridge in our room made a clicking noise throughout the night which irritated me as I tried to sleep.

At the end of the day, this hotel was VERY reasonably priced, the room was clean, the bed comfortable, the hotel staff was incredibly friendly, so this place earned 4 stars easily... perhaps I caught it on a bad technological day.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
gournal3311,

Thank you for choosing our hotel on your one night stop in Albuquerque. I am glad that you liked your corner room. Our team does a wonderful job in keeping up the hotel. I will forward your comments of cleanliness and friendliness to them. We strive each day to make each guests stay with us a great one! You are correct about location. Most restaurants, shopping, etc are within a short 5 minute car ride. Old Town Plaza is only 2 miles away. There are plenty of restaurants, shopping and museums in that area. I will look into the technologial trouble you had. If you would be so kind to send me a message or call me at 505-842-5000 so I may test the room you were in for the television and internet. Thank you again for your review!

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Recently stayed overnight passing through Albuquerque. The room, a double queen suite was very clean and well layed out. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel was quiet and beds comfortable. Very short drive to old town, and easy off and on to interstate 40. Good breakfast... even satisfied my 7 year old grandson. I will definately stay again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sid H,

Thank you for staying with us on your stop in Albuquerque! There are so many choices and I am glad that you found our hotel to be just what you needed. Our suites do have a great layout. Especially for a family that needs the extra space to spread out after a long trip. I am so happy that your grandson liked our breakfast selection! I know how hard it is to please kids. I have a 7 year old myself. I hope that you will stay with us again on your return trip.

tucson az
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Considering this is a relatively new express it doesn't appear to have been kept up. Our room was very dark, dusty, dirty carpet, plastered walls not painted. Broken matress on one side, pillows that should have been trashed they had so many lumps and bumps and even seemed to have dislarged foam floating within the casing. Towels that were thread bare, so thin we could see thru them. Dirty windows that had been attacked by birds who left their whatver all over them. I told the manager about the wndows, she acknowledged yes they needed to be cleaned and she was looking into cleaning them, WHY WAIT it was disgusting.

The room was VERY NOISEY we were able to hear guests in other rooms doing their bathroom business. Noise from trucks and cars made sleeping all but impossible.

This is called OLD TOWN by the Hotel, it is not actually in OLD TOWN as tourrists know that area. I'm not even sure it's within a short few minute walk and the immediate area around the hotel leaves something to be desired.

We met with the manager who acknowledged our discontent, saying she knows the hotel needs to be cleaned up.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
luckytravelers,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. Our hotel is now 3 1/2 years old and is starting to show some signs of age as any property would. I do want to apologize for the experience you had with us. As I explained when we spoke upon your check out, our owners and management team are taking the necessary measures to make improvements. As you put it WHY WAIT. It's not a matter of waiting but a matter of the time it takes to get bids, order the necessary items, etc. Pillows and towels are items that we have been changing out in every room. Elevator carpet had recently been ordered, window cleaning was in the process of being bid upon your stay and has since been scheduled. I know this does not change the experience that you had but I do hope it helps in your decision to try us out again in the future. As discussed I have also made an adjustment on your final bill.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

newer, clean hotel. nicely decorated and smells great--even the elevators smell like a cozy leather chair! friendly staff, good breakfast bar, fresh-baked cookies and good location right off the freeway. cold bottled water for PC members on check-in. near food and gas, and key card gets you a discount at nearby restaurant.

• Stayed June 2012
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
jpaweleck,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad that you liked the cold bottle of water upon check-in. Thank you for being a Priorty Club member. I hope that you have registered for the current promotion. What a great program! I am glad that you found our hotel to be comfortable and conveniently located. We look forward to having you as our guest on your next trip to Albuquerque.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

When it comes hotels only one thing matters, is it clean. I can tell u this place is very clean. No stains of any kind, the bathroom was spotless, and all the bed sheets were crisp and fresh. I like to sleep in so I missed the breakfast. We stayed on June 8th and after taxes paid 129.90 for non smoking two queen size beds. All I can say is if all holiday express are like this I would never stray from the brand

• Stayed June 2012
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Incognitoblk

Thank you for your review! I am so glad that you found our hotel and your room to be spotless. I will be sure to share your review with our Housekeeping staff. I am sure it will bring lots of bright smiles to their faces.
Since you have found Holiday Inn Express to be the brand for you I encourage you to sign up for Priority Club if you haven't already done so. Safe travels! We hope to see you on your next trip to Albuqueruqe.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

This is a nice, newish hotel. It is a standard Modern Holiday Inn Express and the staff were very nice. However, on the IHG website it states that it is “Historic Old Town” This isn’t quite true as it is more than walking distance to the Old Town. If you have a car, then it wouldn’t be a problem, but I would recommend trying to walk it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
NewXGate

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. You are correct regarding our location. We are in "Old Town" Albuquerque, however we are not in the plaza area. The Plaza is about 2 miles from the hotel. I recommend having a vehicle. There is so much for everyone to enjoy at the Old Town Plaza restaurants, museums, shopping, etc. to enjoy. Wear your walking shoes. Safe Travels!

Kathleen E. Holguin

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town? Share your experiences!