“Completely Worn Out” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Isleta Resort & Casino

Save Saved
You added Isleta Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Isleta Resort & Casino
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11000 Broadway SE, Albuquerque, NM 87105 (Formerly Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Albuquerque)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
Stay 2 Nights and Save
Ranked #68 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Completely Worn Out”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I hate to write a negative review, however, this hotel is a wreck. I booked two nights to enjoy the family and spa facilities with my husband and daughter. The staff was very courteous upon check in. The lobby of the hotel was impressive, although showing signs of wear. When we reached our room I was shocked at the beat up condition of the furniture. The carpet looked old and dirty. The bathroom was not as bad as the bedroom area, but all of the doors and door jams had scraped veneer and large chips of paint missing. Our view looked over a roof with a parking lot and construction tent. This was not at all what I had anticipated. When I got up the nerve to take a closer look at our room I saw chewing gum stuck to the side of the headboard. YUK! I called and cancelled our second night and made a reservation for dinner. We ate at Embers, which I place in the category of mediocre hotel food. Nothing about the food or decor is special or upscale at all. Never again. No wonder Hard Rock pulled out.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed here mainly for the spa features and to relax for an anniversary weekend. The property was very nice and layout was good. We had a great sunset view of the Rio Grande valley. The spa was my wifes favorite and she enjoyed a massage along with the steam room and private hot tub. The spa is divided for men and women with both able to enjoy private steams and hot tubs. After some confusion with our spa package, the staff allowed us to enjoy as if there was no issue and Anita at the front desk was able to square everything away. She was great as were all the spa staff. A few minutes in that steam room and your entire airway is just working better. Overall the resort was nice and only 6 yrs old.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently stayed here because we went to the John Legend concert. First off the theater had a terrible design, I would never watch another concert there ever. Second the room was ok, clean but way over priced. Third the staff was rude and my overall experience was bad. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
Taos, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Excellant Customer service - clean/fresh rooms - affordable - resort that you will come back over and over again. It is also family friendly. Clean pool. We will be back soon. Food selection excellant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

rooms were nice, comfortable, and quiet. Was nice for the weekend, but not sure I'd want to stay longer. Decent variety of restaurants, but Embers is tops in my book. Really loved the indoor outdoor pool. you could swim from one area to the other, no getting out of the pool. Nice hot tub with wall build around it protecting you from the wind. Well it is NM :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for a convention and man was I impressed! The front desk to the house keeping was great! I was able to check in early and still had time to play some casino games. The food was great. Everyone was very friendly and courteous. I plan to stay here again with the family. I hope our convention will be here at Isleta again next year!!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Carlsbad, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When I first walked into the room I was surprised on how big the bathroom was. There were a few disappoints that need to be addressed. Since we were there for a convention..we didn't have time to have maintenance come fix the shower drain..which keep clogging up. Pretty disgusting. Also, the shower head could not be repositioned down and would hit the top of the shower wall. If you are at least 6'4..then this is great for you, otherwise, good luck getting the water on your body. Also, the bathroom is not close to the bed, so you have to walk down a long corridor to get to the toilet. The built in wood in the room needs to be updated. It looked old and worn out and was sticky, even after trying to clean it. The walls in the rooms are very thin and you can hear others talking and/or the tv. Otherwise, it was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. There are a few restaurants inside the hotel without having to travel...which the hotel is not close to anything. The restaurants that we ate at were good, so really there isn't a need to leave, especially Embers Steakhouse.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Isleta Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!