“Great place to stay !” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Red Bluff
“Great place to stay !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

My husband & I were just traveling through Albuquerque & stayed here for just one night. A very clean room & a comfortable clean bed are a must for us. This motel provided both. Best nights sleep on our whole trip. 5 stars! The heating/AC unit was whisper quiet. Bathroom was very clean. Nice towels. Liked having a microwave & refrigerator in the room. Staff was very pleasant. Breakfast was just a standard continental style; no big wow. We would definitely stay here again, & will recommend SANDIA PEAK INN to our friends !

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Polish first
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

We picked this place because of the reviews here. We've stayed at Monterey Non-Smokers Hotel in the past, but they don't have king-size beds. Both properties are similar...clean and well run.

Sandia Peak is a 2 story property with an indoor pool. There was a mix-up with our reservation, so we got a king suite for $57.90 + tax! The room was large, and there were plenty of surfaces for our stuff. Everything was very clean. They provide a couple small packets of shampoo and some soap...no luxurious toiletries, but that's okay. The shower water pressure was fine, and the towels were soft and large (btw, you only get two...ask if you need more). Shower and toilet were separate from sink area, and the shower area has a sunlamp for warmth.

We didn't hear road noise from Room 103, but the heater does indeed crank up loudly when it cycles on. The bed was pretty firm.

Was glad to see some wheat bread at breakfast (I could've used some peanut butter for protein). There were bananas and apples, along with the donuts and cereal. My husband said the coffee was good, but I didn't see any makings for tea. Kay said they would soon be getting a wafflemaker. Note: the "Cheerios" type cereal is already sweetened, you don't need to add more sugar!

We'd definitely stay here again. Kay aims to please and she does a nice job!

Linthicum, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

Yes, this is a two story motor court-style inn a la Motel 6, not a hacienda as described by another reviewer. However, we liked it so much we made a return visit a week later rather stay elsewhere. Kay, the manager, is a wonderful person who goes out of her way to make you happy. She upgraded us to a deluxe suite twice and recommended some terrific places to eat. Our chamber was huge, probably 40 X 18, plus en suite, with a king and a single bed, easy chair, triple dresser, table and two arm chairs, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and large TV. Believe me when I state it was a great room worth double the rack rate. Breakfast was so-so, with the usual 'continental' choices (we prefer a super hearty cooked breakfast), but keeping in mind the very low price, I can't complain, only advise. The hotel is located just west of the Rio Grande on the south side of Historic 66, so beware there will highway noise early in the morning - as with every other hotel in the area (99% are on US 66, aka Central). No crying babies or wild parties disturbed our sleep. Plenty of parking for guests, free lobby use internet, loads of nearby stores for travelers' supplies, endless dining choices, plus close proximity to the main tourist trap make this a smart choice.

Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

We recently stayed at this hotel based on the reviews posted at tripadvisor. It was so mediocre we double-checked that we were indeed at the same hotel! The Sandia Peak Inn is a typical by-the-road motel with old beds and bedding. The street traffic is noisy and the AC unit sounds like a jet engine starting when it cycles on and off all night.

The breakfast is very skimpy (a true continental breakfast) with cereal, toast and bananas.

We were disappointed to return one evening to see that the room hadn't been visited by housekeeping (beds were not made and room not cleaned).

On the positive, Kay (the manager) was very friendly and kept asking if we were happy with our room. Then again, she knew that we used tripadvisor to find her.

The room rate was $60/night for 2 double beds (room includes microwave and large-ish fridge).

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Roseville CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

This hotel is located 4 blocks from Old Town. It is unique in its hacienda furnishings and friendly staff. You get all this at a very affordable price.
There is a microwave and refrigerator in the room.
Lots of usable furniture not usually seen in this price range.
Internet connection is simple and there is instant hot water.
Room has a nice odor and a relaxing feel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

I and friends from Holland stayed in the Sandia Peak Inn on our wau through New Mexico. Our room was big and very comfortable. Our beds were fabulously comfortable. I am a very light sleeper and the quietness of this location is perfect for a good nights sleep. We asked for extra pillows and extra towels and they were brought to our room quickly. This Inn is located so close to the best attractions and within walking distance to shopping. Now here is the most important part...the manager here is WONDERFUL! She is quick to respond to your needs and is eager to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Look for this Inn and stay here, you will not regret it!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

This was my first vacation entirely on my own. I stayed at the Sandia Peak Inn because it had gotten wonderful reviews from fellow travelers and I wanted a central location for traveling as I was visiting Albuquerque for six nights. When I called, it was as though I was going to meet friends, the hosts, Kay and Pat were genuinely interested in me and my vacation needs since I was traveling alone and it was my first time in New Mexico. I was warmly welcomed when I arrived and given recommendations for food and sights, which turned out to be right on target for enjoyment. My room was very large, totally spotless (as was the entire motel and the grounds). My bed was as comfortable as my own at home. I truly miss the comfort of the Inn and the friendship of my hosts. I will come back. Diann

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo

Been to Sandia Peak Inn Motel? Share your experiences!