“Clean, perfectly located, great value & amazing service!” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4614 Central Avenue Southwest, Albuquerque, NM 87105   |
Ranked #3 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seagoville, Texas
“Clean, perfectly located, great value & amazing service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

My husband & I were finishing up a New Mexico vacation and were headed home. Sadly, we had only one night to stay at Sandia Peak Inn on Historic Route 66. Kay was a delight from the moment we first met her at check-in. She was more than accommodating and even upgraded us to a larger room. The room was a king suite with a jacuzzi and big screen TV. It was huge and an incredible value for the price. The room was clean, the bed very comfortable, and we had everything we needed, including WiFi and a landline connection to the Internet, as well as an indoor swimming pool. The continental breakfast the next morning was delicious. I highly recommend this inn to anyone staying in Albuquerque. It is about a mile to Old Town, a couple of miles to the museums, Tingley Beach, and probably about 10 miles to Sandia Peak Tramway. There are plenty of good restaurants nearby. We will definitely stay at Sandia Peak Inn again! Give Kay a call and book your room now!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Polish first
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

Traveling West on Interstate 40 thru Albuquerque, NM, the unusual Sandia Peak Inn Motel caught our eye, and we spent a restful night before going on to Flagstaff. It is easy to spot at 4614 Central SW (old Route 66) because it is enclosed by white iron fencing and gates- they were open. Inside were rose gardens and elegant statues with a SW Indian motif. Time did not permit us to enjoy the indoor pool or the nearby attractions, so after a free continental breakfast we reluctantly said goodby.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Tampa Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

We stayed at the Sandia Peak Inn last week and have to agree with all the postings. This motel was great! The location is 5 minutes from Old Town, the owners were very friendly and happy to help with restaurant suggestions, and the motel was an excellent value. The room was decorated Southwestern style, was very clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
USA Traveler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel several times since it opened a couple of years ago. I am frequently in ALBQ to visit friends and for work. I have to say that if you wanted to find something to complain about, I'm certain you could, but any problems encountered are - quickly and to your satisfaction - resolved. They always have been for me, although I'm not really picky and it is usually some small thing that I need extra. Keep in mind, I've stayed at "better class" hotels - although it seems that extra care has been taken to see what the competition is doing and a real (and comprehensive) effort has been made here to attract the customers who would stay at a big, brand name hotel.

In case you have any question about how I feel regarding this hotel, I can only say
"I STAY HERE FOR NOT ONE REASON, BUT A WHOLE BUNCH OF THEM".
The staff is great, they remember me due to my frequent stays, and they go out of the way to make sure I understand they know what service means. Thank you, Kay, for your smiling face when I come to visit!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

During our trip to Albuquerque, we had a wonderful, restful stay. At first appearance it seemed to be a common motel, however, we were very surprised to find it to be a definite three star hotel.

The staff was friendly and courteous and Kay, one of the owners was the most friendly person I have ever met at 7:00 AM, even after a long night of work.

I would recommend having 4-cup coffee makers in all rooms and a larger variety of pastries, donuts, and cereals for the continental breakfast.

Overall an excellent hotel to stay at for a night or several days.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Jüri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

We stayed in Sandia Peak Inn motel only for one night, but the place is great. We have been in road trip for 2 weeks and this place was definately one of the nicest and cleanest place on our trip. The price is good too. And the lady Kay is really friendly and helpful. WIll definately reccomend this place.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this inn and I can only tell you that it is the best there is in terms of its costs, the hospitality of its owner, Kay, cleanliness, very close to the old town, all the amnities needed; bright and welcoming, I highly recommend this place. I am a frequent traveler who had seen them all.
I just wished I knew about this place earlier...

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandia Peak Inn Motel? Share your experiences!