“Clean, affordable, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Tripad spcl
Ranked #3 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
oklahoma city
“Clean, affordable, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is the only hotel I've ever stayed in that actually smelled good. Usually hotel rooms either have no smell or smell bad. The rooms are basic, but for the price, you can't beat these clean rooms and the friendly service. The small indoor heated pool is a bonus!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

572 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This motel definitely stands out from the other motel properties on this road, for being clearly very clean and well-maintained. We arrived late on a Saturday evening and received an upstairs room. The room was large, with a nice TV and very good Internet connection. As expected, the bathroom facilities are very basic (one sink, shower/tub combo, toilet) but they are clean. It's nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room, though we did not use either for this one-night stay. We did take advantage of the washer and dryer, having been on the road for eight days at that point. We did not try the breakfast, having eaten late the night before and not being hungry, but it was a clean, pleasant breakfast room. The owner said she was there 24/7 and bless her heart, I think she really is--I hope she gets some rest sometimes! Overall, the place is a good value, with the only real drawback being the road noise.

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed here based on other TA reviews and was very pleased. Kay is very friendly and we got the $49 dollar special. Upstairs room but parking is close. Used the guest laundry which was a big help. Room is very large, very clean, and nice.

LAS VEGAS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed at the Sandia Peak Motel for 1 night during a roadtrip. The location was great for visiting Old Town and the other sights. The exterior was very clean and immaculate and this gave a great first impression. The owner was very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. We stayed in a hot tub room which was beautiful. It was very spacious and was very clean with lovely decor. The added touches such as flowers and pictures made it feel like home. The hot tub was a lovely way to relax and unwind after a busy day sightseeing. The king sized bed was comfortable and there was a flat screen TV with all the channels. There was a lovely little indoor pool with plenty of extra towels provided. The breakfast area was spacious and very clean and immaculate. Again, ornaments and pictures gave the room a homely feel. The breakfast selection was great with plenty of fresh fruit and yoghurts provided (the one chain motel we stayed in during the trip did not provide these). The Sandia Peak is one of the best motels we have stayed in and we would definitely recommend it, as it is a step above the usual chain motels. We were sorry to leave, and would defintely stay again. Well done!

Apple Valley, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We chose this location because of previous reviews. We were not disappointed. The room was large and very clean. You are within walking distance of the Rio Grande River and bike/walking paths. Just a moderate walk to Old Town.

Room Tip: 2nd floor eliminates possible headlights during the night.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Got in late. Nice lady. Got a room. Seems ok. Lady calls: is the room ok. I say yes. Then I go to take a shower and no towels. Just 1 washcloth. I call the front desk a nd a man answers. I ask for towels- he says there are in the laundry room, wait for the morning. Ok it's late I can wait. I tell the guy make SURE they are not delivered before 7:00 a.m., so I can sleep. 5:55a.m., phone rings- my towels. Knock....my towels. 7:30 I get call.. Sorry just got the note about 7:00. I go to checkout and no one is at the desk so I eat breakfast at the comp. breakfast. No attendant. Had to find bagels in the fridge myself. Milk as well. Orange juice is watered down. Toaster doesn't work. Did I say no attendant. I go to check out still no one. The handyman shows up- I ask if someone is working. He says the girl is gone and he doesn't want to wake his boss (8:30a.m., mind you). I want a receipt for checking out. Handyman can't find my receipt. Calls someone to no avail and offers to write one by hand. I ask where the front desk person is and he says "at the gym"... Really? I leave. I give up. No receipt, little sleep but a nice lady at the night desk. Travel advisor, number 4 hotel in Albuquerque. Really? Never again. I can do my own research, thank you.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had a wonderful night at this motel after 12 hours of driving. Kay welcomed us at the desk, checked us in quickly. the grounds of the motel were nicely lit up in southwest style. the room was absolutely comfortable, clean and nice to watch tv on a new flat screen. parking was right outside our room. breakfast was very good, with Kay giving us a nice good morning, and the kitchen was so nicely decorated, very homey. We will definitely stay here again when passing through, or now we may make Albuquerque our final destination. Thank you Kay!!

Room Tip: we found an ad in the hotel catalog at the visitors center. we decided to stay there because it wa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sandia Peak Inn Motel? Share your experiences!