“Nice Clean Rooms -- Loved it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Route 66 Casino Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Route 66 Casino Hotel
You added Route 66 Casino Hotel to your Saves list
14500 Central Ave SW, I-40 Exit 140, Albuquerque, NM 87121   |
Ranked #48 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Houston, Texas
“Nice Clean Rooms -- Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

We loved our stay at the Route 66 Casino Hotel. Our room was exceptionally clean and the linens were soft and inviting. I love that the comforters and sheets are white -- this way you KNOW they've been washed. I'm always leary of patterned comforters if you know what I mean. We were traveling with children and they had a great time as well. They loved the Kid's Quest Arcade and the buffet was awesome with a ton of options. The indoor pool was over-chlorinated and actually worse than I've ever experienced. The stench was so strong that it burned my eyes and I couldn't breathe. As far as the slot machines are concerned, they are tighter than I've ever experienced. We lost everything we brought to spend and we lost it faster than we ever have before at other casinos. All in all, the hotel was awesome. If you want a nice comfortable room at a low price then by all means stay here! If you're looking to "win" at anything in the casino then keep on driving! P.S. -- Alcohol is not free and you can't drink on the floor of the casino

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Santa Fe, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed here after a concert at the Route 66 Casino. It was great to be able to just walk up to our hotel room after the concert instead of having to drive home to Santa Fe. We really enjoyed our stay here. I think the rooms are very reasonably priced for what you get. Our room was very nice with an amazingly comfortable bed. The look of the room is clean and modern with nice bedding and just an overall nice feel. The bathroom was roomy with a great shower. We didn't have any problems with noise or cigarette smoke on our floor. There are some good restaurants on site--the buffet was very good for lunch the next day (and they had a lot of great options for me as a vegetarian). On a concert night, I highly recommend getting there early for dinner because ALL the restaurants were crowded. We will definitely stay here again--in fact we're staying again next weekend for another concert!

Room Tip: Book early for concert nights--they book up fast!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

We made a reservation by phone about two weeks before our trip. The checkin was fast and friendly. Our room was a king size bed, non-smoking on the fourth floor. It was clean and the mattress was very comfortable. Bathroom was clean with plenty of towels and basic toiletries provided. We ate dinner at the buffet...lots of choices and good service. Here's a hint, if you get a player's card in the casino, you will get a discount on the buffet, and even on your room rate! Just be sure to show them your player's card and request the discount....it may not be automatically offered. I see that many others have complained about noise....we were not bothered in the least...in fact on our floor it was very quiet. Also concerning service, we thought the staff treated us with respect and friendliness. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

Must husband and I stayed here after a concert. Definately not a family friendly hotel. I would never bring my small boys here for fear of their health/safety. Too smokey, paper thin walls and hearing laughing and doors slamming until 3am kept us up. Security was running up/down the hotel all night, they seemed to get off on the thrill of the hunt and I also thought was overkill. Security should be more concerned about the kids that are left unattended in the lobby and Arcade hallway area for hours while their addictive parents gamble (that broke my heart). I think the tribal police, Child Welfare, hotel security/management should look into the unattended children (ages 6 - teens it appeared to me). Final blow of our stay was when my husband paid cash on check-in for our online reservation price of $109. On check-out they said we only paid $99 and would have to charge our credit card the $10 difference. Unfortunately, my husband and I didn't read our receipt that showed we paid $99 cash on check-in so there was no way to prove we paid the $109. By check-out I was so fed up with the smoke, lack of sleep and average customer service that I didn't really argue it and paid the $10 to just get the hell out of there. Management should make sure their receptionists aren't pocketing the $10 for every cash paying customer - incase they do this often?

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Montrose
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

The casino is "ok", and the Mainstreet restaurant has great food. However the hotel environment is totally unacceptable. Upon signin, you're required to sign a "no party" agreement, but it is meaningless. Lost hours of sleep due to next-door hotel room party. Compensated $10. Front desk staff is RUDE, as mentioned in other reviews for this hotel. Enjoy the gambling and food, but if you want to get any sleep, look elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010 via mobile

Route 66 Casino and Hotel was wonderful! The room was great, the service was great and the entire atmosphere was wonderful! I will absolutely stop into this hotel again when I am in town

• Stayed September 2010
Landstuhl, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

Recycled crab legs. Old meat. All infused with the taste of nicotine. Barely kept from vomiting during the trek back home.
Service was good.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Route 66 Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!