“One of my absolute favorites in Abq!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Grove Cafe & Market

The Grove Cafe & Market
600 Central Avenue, SE, Suite A, Albuquerque, NM (Huning Highland Historic District)
505-248-9800
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Huning Highland Historic District
Description: The Grove Café & Market is East Downtown’s artisan breakfast and lunch café. Enjoy an abundance of fine foods and culinary treats while sipping specialty coffee, tea and wines on our spacious outdoor patio. Sunday Brunch specials highlighting seasonal ingredients, salads featuring local and organic produce, housemade english muffins and signature cupcakes…the grove is here for your everyday cravings.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“One of my absolute favorites in Abq!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Grove never fails to impress. Virtually everything I've tried there has been delicious. Their breakfast/brunch foods in particular are fantastic. While the prices are a little high, it's well worth it. Reminds of a typical fresh-food, healthy, delicious place in California.

Visited July 2012

Medford, Oregon
“Decent breakfast.....awesome atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We ate breakfast on a Sunday. The place is cool, the atmosphere is great and the food is decent-nothing exceptional. I had the breakfast burrito and it was generic and my wife had the scramble which was average. I would have given them 3 stars but they get an extra star for ambience.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Got it; it's pronounced CROAK .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I really wanted to really like this place,, I made an effort to get here, cross country drive from Detroit to SF and back. Hitting the grove on the return leg, since it was closed on the first attempt...even on a tuesday. I wanted a fantastic breakfast...I got a decent overpriced breakfast. Not bad...just a bit too pricy for what you get... service was good, they walked me through my first time novice order at the counter.

So,
I arrived early on a tuesday after realizing they were closed on mondays and after returning to Abq after they took a well deserved vacation on the tuesday I was able to try to go there the first leg of the trip.. so I returned a different day a week or so later and tried the grove.

I ordered the "raved over" croque (croak) madame , an english muffin, with raspberry chili jam an espresso and a small coffee. 21 bucks with tip, service was fine . And I headed off to the out door patio. right at the very edge of the street.

It's an interesting feeling eating a breakfast that costs as much as the motel rooms go for across the street. And having the odd street person bid you good morning as you eat an english muffin that costs half as much as a six pack except the muffin comes with yummy jam .. And dig into an 11 dollar CM and a pricey coffee..as the guy with one shoe shuffles by.

The fruit seemed fresh that came with the crowkay. ( er croak). Really everything was fine.

The espresso was fine, it's nothing special but it's an espresso , it's not earth shattering as the reviews state, coffee is ok too. Nothing was bad...I ate all of it, it was just about 1/3 too much money for the quality of food..

Would I go back ?,,,probably, there are certainly less expensive and still decent breakfasts in town (range) but if you're downtown yeah I'd dump another 20 bucks. ...I'd order the non meat croak next time.. skip the espresso.

Get there early , it's not busy and the staff is attentive.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque
“Best brunch in ABQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Grove takes simple food and makes it taste exceptional. The food, atmosphere, and staff are all excellent. I can't get enough of the Grove!!!

Visited September 2012
“Was not all that impressed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We ate lunch at the Grove Cafe as it was recommended by the hotel and on Trip Advisor but we were not that impressed. First of all, we are not fond of restaurants where you don't sit down and have servers. Ordering at the counter is not one of the aspects we like in a good restaurant. My food was good but my husband's was not. He did not like it at all. And I guess for only having the food delivered to your table, it was rather high priced. It would not be a restaurant we would go back to for a second time. Trying to be too "in": as far as our taste.

• Visited July 2012