“Convenient location to ABQ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport

You added Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 Sunport Boulevard Southeast, Albuquerque, NM 87106   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #35 of 145 Hotels in Albuquerque
Tampa, Florida
“Convenient location to ABQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Nice hotel near the airport. My flight was delayed and they had already sent their driver home for the night, but they offered to pick up my tab for the cab ride from the airport. Looks just like all of the other Hyatt Place hotels i've stayed at with the same amenities. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Midland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My family of 3 drove from TX to meet other family members from CO over Memorial weekend. It was the perfect meeting point. I booked 3 rooms and they were able to accommodate us all on the same floor of the hotel. The room were clean and kept up very nicely. This was my 3rd stay at a Hyatt Place, I just love these hotels! The free breakfast is the best! And the staff is always kind and courteous. The only down fall was that the pool was not as heated as I thought it would be. My daughter got it for a couple minutes, I couldn’t bring myself to get in. Another thing to keep in mind with this location is that there are not restaurants within walking distance. They do offer a shuttle service to anywhere within a 5 mile radius. I would suggest having some sort of personal transportation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Our flight arrived late, so we just took a room for the night under 2 miles of airport.

Hyatt Place airport is new, very resonable, super clean, rooms include, wet bar, fridge,

Great breakfast included, friendly staff

Room Tip: all are good
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed there for five days. The bed (king) was very comfortable. The room had a counter with fridge, coffee maker and sink, leaving room for the toiletries on the vanity. The breakfast had skillet sandwich with southwestern taste. The check-in counter is shared with the drink and dessert case. The HDTC outlets were visible on the stand. We did not have to go looking for the HDMI cable outlet on the TV it was clearly visible on the the side of the stand. The only problem we had was after taking the I-25 exit we kept missing the hotel exit. It is not well marked. After going through the airport we made our way back to the hotel. Using the GPS did not help because both streets got picked up at the same time (University and Sunport). GPS issue not a hotel issue. When just used the local roads we were ok. I would definitely return. The rooms have pretty good sound proofing. We were on the second floor. Kitchen staff was very friendly. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I usually don't stay at airport location hotels but the Hyatt Place seemed like a good place to stay because of an early morning flight and ease of returning a rental car. This was my first time staying at a Hyatt Place and it was interesting!

The entry does not have the typical front desk set up - I thought I had walked into a little bistro! Took me a minute to figure out that it was connected to the refrigerator case! Check in was fast and easy. I was assigned a room directly across from the elevator and I was a little concerned because I'm a very light sleeper but the room was fairly sound proofed. Noise from the elevator didn't bother me but there was something that kept popping in the night.

I liked the set up of the room with the work desk, mini bar with sink and fridge and the huge sofa! It would have been perfect for a little party!

The bed was very comfortable an the room darkening shades were perfect.

I especially enjoyed the breakfast selections. It was nice to have something a little different than eggs and biscuits and gravy. Here they served breakfast sandwiches that were very yummy. They were different types each day which prevented breakfast boredom.

The refrigerator case I mentioned had salads and other items in case you needed something to eat right away - or, you could order from a menu of items like soups, flatbreads and sandwiches and pick it up at the desk. If Albuquerque didn't have the best Mexican food in the universe I might have been tempted to try something on that menu!

While I enjoyed my stay, I think I will stay somewhere more centrally located next time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We had always had great experience with different hotels of Hyatt brand, until this one-night stay in Hyatt Place in ABQ. I admit that my expectation was high, especially after spending a perfect night in Hyatt Place at Santa Fe just a night before.

First comes with pros:
1) The location of the hotel is perfect for anyone to catch a flight, since it is just 3 minutes from ABQ airport by the free shuttle bus.
2) The front desk people all are very friendly

But there are so many 'small' things could and should be improved to match customers' high expectations.
1) We were offered a room on the top level floor (the 6th floor). It looked all right, even though I could hear some buzz noise from the very beginning. I thought the noise was from the normal suspects, room AC or the refrigrator, that could be lessened into the night. Or in the worst scenario, I can turn off both of them at bedtime. Wrong, wrong, wrong, the high pitch buzz noise was not from room within, as I can clearly hear it even in the hallway. According to one of the friendly front desk people, it was from the building AC. I might have sensitive ears, but the high pitch buzz noise is extremely unbearable. As a result I almost stayed up for the whole night. It seems kids were OK with the noise, though they did struggled for 30 minutes more than usual before getting into sleep. The front desk people did offer another room after hearing my complaints around 11pm. But it was too late to move kids, considering we have a 6am early flight to catch next morning.

2) We were promised upon at least two occations (before and after checking in) that there would be grab-and-go breakfast before the first shuttle bus to airport. But the fact was that there was nothing ready when we took the first shuttle bus.

3) I had to walk to the front desk TWICE to ask for towels for the swimming pool. BTW, the pool is located outdoor, which means it is not open all year around.

4) The alarm clock in my room was 2+ hours ahead of time and the adjustment was not intuitive at all. Again, I never had trouble in adjusting hotel alarm before this one.

Room Tip: avoid the top level (6th floor)
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank BlueHero
HyattPlaceABQAirport, Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is unfortunate to hear that you did not enjoy your time at our hotel and I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Please know that your comments will be addressed and that we will look into the maintenance issues you mentioned as well as the sub-par customer service you received. We hope you will give Hyatt Place another chance in the future. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.
Kind Regards,
Chad A.
Assistant General Manager
Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport
Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Any hotel and every hotel has little problems, it's how the staff deals with it is what separates the great from the good from the 'yea, stayed there ONCE!'

I always stay here when I come to Albuquerque, I have stayed at the Hilton midtown and it was really nice...and expensive!

Here it is affordable, clean, quiet and set away from the traffic normally associated with airport hotels.

Room Tip: Higher is better
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo