“Cozy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 Sunport Boulevard Southeast, Albuquerque, NM 87106   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #31 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
Georgia
“Cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed there for five days. The bed (king) was very comfortable. The room had a counter with fridge, coffee maker and sink, leaving room for the toiletries on the vanity. The breakfast had skillet sandwich with southwestern taste. The check-in counter is shared with the drink and dessert case. The HDTC outlets were visible on the stand. We did not have to go looking for the HDMI cable outlet on the TV it was clearly visible on the the side of the stand. The only problem we had was after taking the I-25 exit we kept missing the hotel exit. It is not well marked. After going through the airport we made our way back to the hotel. Using the GPS did not help because both streets got picked up at the same time (University and Sunport). GPS issue not a hotel issue. When just used the local roads we were ok. I would definitely return. The rooms have pretty good sound proofing. We were on the second floor. Kitchen staff was very friendly. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

277 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I usually don't stay at airport location hotels but the Hyatt Place seemed like a good place to stay because of an early morning flight and ease of returning a rental car. This was my first time staying at a Hyatt Place and it was interesting!

The entry does not have the typical front desk set up - I thought I had walked into a little bistro! Took me a minute to figure out that it was connected to the refrigerator case! Check in was fast and easy. I was assigned a room directly across from the elevator and I was a little concerned because I'm a very light sleeper but the room was fairly sound proofed. Noise from the elevator didn't bother me but there was something that kept popping in the night.

I liked the set up of the room with the work desk, mini bar with sink and fridge and the huge sofa! It would have been perfect for a little party!

The bed was very comfortable an the room darkening shades were perfect.

I especially enjoyed the breakfast selections. It was nice to have something a little different than eggs and biscuits and gravy. Here they served breakfast sandwiches that were very yummy. They were different types each day which prevented breakfast boredom.

The refrigerator case I mentioned had salads and other items in case you needed something to eat right away - or, you could order from a menu of items like soups, flatbreads and sandwiches and pick it up at the desk. If Albuquerque didn't have the best Mexican food in the universe I might have been tempted to try something on that menu!

While I enjoyed my stay, I think I will stay somewhere more centrally located next time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We had always had great experience with different hotels of Hyatt brand, until this one-night stay in Hyatt Place in ABQ. I admit that my expectation was high, especially after spending a perfect night in Hyatt Place at Santa Fe just a night before.

First comes with pros:
1) The location of the hotel is perfect for anyone to catch a flight, since it is just 3 minutes from ABQ airport by the free shuttle bus.
2) The front desk people all are very friendly

But there are so many 'small' things could and should be improved to match customers' high expectations.
1) We were offered a room on the top level floor (the 6th floor). It looked all right, even though I could hear some buzz noise from the very beginning. I thought the noise was from the normal suspects, room AC or the refrigrator, that could be lessened into the night. Or in the worst scenario, I can turn off both of them at bedtime. Wrong, wrong, wrong, the high pitch buzz noise was not from room within, as I can clearly hear it even in the hallway. According to one of the friendly front desk people, it was from the building AC. I might have sensitive ears, but the high pitch buzz noise is extremely unbearable. As a result I almost stayed up for the whole night. It seems kids were OK with the noise, though they did struggled for 30 minutes more than usual before getting into sleep. The front desk people did offer another room after hearing my complaints around 11pm. But it was too late to move kids, considering we have a 6am early flight to catch next morning.

2) We were promised upon at least two occations (before and after checking in) that there would be grab-and-go breakfast before the first shuttle bus to airport. But the fact was that there was nothing ready when we took the first shuttle bus.

3) I had to walk to the front desk TWICE to ask for towels for the swimming pool. BTW, the pool is located outdoor, which means it is not open all year around.

4) The alarm clock in my room was 2+ hours ahead of time and the adjustment was not intuitive at all. Again, I never had trouble in adjusting hotel alarm before this one.

Room Tip: avoid the top level (6th floor)
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HyattPlaceABQAirport, Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is unfortunate to hear that you did not enjoy your time at our hotel and I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Please know that your comments will be addressed and that we will look into the maintenance issues you mentioned as well as the sub-par customer service you received. We hope you will give Hyatt Place another chance in the future. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.
Kind Regards,
Chad A.
Assistant General Manager
Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Any hotel and every hotel has little problems, it's how the staff deals with it is what separates the great from the good from the 'yea, stayed there ONCE!'

I always stay here when I come to Albuquerque, I have stayed at the Hilton midtown and it was really nice...and expensive!

Here it is affordable, clean, quiet and set away from the traffic normally associated with airport hotels.

Room Tip: Higher is better
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed here two nights. The hotel is very new and well kept. The staff was very attentive and helpful. Their included breakfast was above average. The hotel is very near the airport and easy to get to.

The room I stayed in had two double beds but seemed to be designed for a single queen bed. You couldn't reach the thermostat without climbing on the bed. Across the room, you couldn't close the curtains without either shuffling sideways or again climbing on the bed. Not a huge deal but would have been very uncomfortable for large people.

Room Tip: If you're large in stature or not very nimble, ask for a room without twin double beds.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I was not happy with my stay. I had to wait 20 mins for a plate for breakfast, the pancakes had no flavor and it felt like I was eating a sponge. They really didn't have much of a breakfast selection for children. I went to use the blow dryer and it didn't work, I tried to use the phone to call downstairs regarding the blow dryer and neither phone in the room worked. I was not pleased with my stay at this hotel and will not be staying again, just disappointing.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms next to the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HyattPlaceABQAirport, Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Sallena R,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is unfortunate to hear that you did not enjoy your time at our hotel and I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Please know that your comments will be addressed and that we will look into the maintenance issues you mentioned as well as our breakfast service. We hope you will give Hyatt Place another chance in the future. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.
Kind Regards,
Chad A.
Assistant General Manager
Alamogordo, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed here for my nephew's birthday in late February/early March of 2014. Great place! The rooms are very nicely furnished and laid out in a unique way. You also get a couch and a television that swivels so you can watch from your bed or from the living room area. The hotel is very clean and the staff was incredibly friendly and professional. There are not many restaurants in the area so you will have to drive a little if you want to eat. It's not a cheap hotel but they certainly deliver in terms of service and pride in their property. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014

Been to Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!