“One night stay at Hyatt Place, ABQ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport

You added Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 Sunport Boulevard Southeast, Albuquerque, NM 87106   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #27 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Eatonton, Georgia
“One night stay at Hyatt Place, ABQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was in ABQ to run the Duke City Marathon and stayed at the Hyatt Place at the airport. It could not have been any better. They picked me up at the airport and took me to downtown to get my race package and took me to town for the race. This eliminated a rental car expense. The hotel was great and they put out the breakfast buffet early for the runners to enjoy before the race. My thanks to all at the hotel as it cut down on my costs. The staff was great and it is a wonderful property.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My trip was to visit my grandson and celebrate my 60th birthday in new mexico. I traveled with my daughter and granddaughter and our stay at the hotel was outstanding.We arrived late at night and the staff member was very nice (nate) in checking us in.Food and a play-pen/crib was immediately brought up upon request.
The access to the freeway and the airport and shuttle service was great.
The many choices of food at the free breakfast buffet was simply very good. Rooms were nice and clean and staff was very helpfull and polite.Thanks to all-Carlos,Nate,(young woman long blond hair)- jessica or samantha sorry if i got the name wrong.

Room Tip: rooms on the 4th floor were nice and quiet no problems at all.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Playa Del Carmen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for the Balloon Fiesta with my husband and toddler. We chose this hotel due to availability, cost, and breakfast included. It also partnered with the balloon fiesta. The room suite was nice and spacious with a fridge, couch, small desk, and free wifi. Flat screen was nice as well. All of us slept well in the room. The only problem with the room was our hand towel holder wouldn't stay attached to the wall. Not a big deal to us, we just didn't hang the towel there. Braden was super nice at the front desk and made me feel very welcomed. The breakfast--AMAZING. They had eggs mixed with sausage one day and half bagel egg sandwiches the next. So yummy. They also had fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, breads, and donuts every day. I would definitely recommend to stay here. It's close to the airport and other attractions as well. The park and ride for the balloon fiesta is close also.

• Stayed October 2013
West New York, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed for one night here in September. Our flight arrived late at night so when we got to the hotel there was only one staff that was checking people in. So we had to wait a little bit. However, the staff was very friendly and polite. The location is very close to the airport and the highway (I-25). I didn't have any difficulty getting to the hotel from the Airport Car Rental center - we used our iPhone GPS direction and got to the hotel without any hassle. The room is nicely decorated and modern. Our room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the shower head and water pressure was just right. The TV was in an odd angle, I think they were trying to accommodate both the Living room and bedroom section - not a biggie. The AC was working properly, the blind was thick enough to block out the sun for those who love to sleep in (us!). The breakfast was served until 9:30am. The offering was good - mixture of both cold and hot selections. The hotel also offered Wi-Fi, the signal was weak in our room though. Check out process was quick and easy. We got our room through Priceline and it was at a great value. We would return again.

Room Tip: We got a higher floor room - facing the front of the hotel. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sylmar, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My flight was cancelled due to a storm. So, I needed a place to spend the night and Hyatt was recommended by a traveler at the airport. I would definitely agree with this recommendation. Rooms were clean, price was very reasonable, and staff very helpful. Hotel has a shuttle, so access to the airport was easy. Computer and wi/fi is available. My room was spacious, quiet and very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Boulder, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

This is a very good stopover on your way through Albuquerque. Located at the entrance to the airport, it's convenient to I25 and I40. Nice room with spacious seating area separate from beds. Free breakfast buffet is a step above continental. Gracious staff.

• Stayed August 2013
Greenwood, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I love staying at Hyatt Place hotels -- usually -- because the rooms are very large and comfortable, the decor is tasteful, and the services fit exactly what I need. This time, however, I was very disappointed. First, I had an exceptionally difficult time figuring out how to get to the hotel. The address, when using a GPS, takes you to the drive in front of the airport. I could see the hotel, but there wasn't any way to get there. I finally figured out that I had to exit the airport, travel north, turn on a little street that winds around through an industrial area, and turn between two other hotels in the area.

When we arrived, the desk was not staffed. There were guests at the bar, and I could hear people talking, but we stood for at least 5 minutes waiting, in spite of the fact that the staff were literally around the corner yukking it up with the guys at the bar.

When we got to our room, I discovered that the toilet would not flush properly and needed attention, and called to the front desk. Half an hour later no one had been there so I called again, and was informed that the young lady was the only one there and could not leave, and she couldn't tell me how long it would be. 20 minutes after that, a young man finally came to the room, snaked the toilet, and left. Later that night, as my daughter and I were getting ready for sleep, I discovered that the sink also would not drain if the water ran for more than a few seconds. My daughter ended up brushing her teeth over the bath tub, and we went to sleep.

We ordered dinner from the "gallery kitchen" which wasn't spectacular but ok. Breakfast was good.

One thing I didn't know is that this hotel DOES have a shuttle to the airport. We could have turned our rental in the night before and not paid for an extra day if I had known that. The website doesn't say anything about a shuttle.

All in all our stay was frustrating and disappointing. I would probably stay somewhere else if I'm needing a hotel near the Albuquerque airport again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!