“Absolutely let down” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport

You added Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 Sunport Boulevard Southeast, Albuquerque, NM 87106   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #26 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Greenwood, Indiana
“Absolutely let down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I love staying at Hyatt Place hotels -- usually -- because the rooms are very large and comfortable, the decor is tasteful, and the services fit exactly what I need. This time, however, I was very disappointed. First, I had an exceptionally difficult time figuring out how to get to the hotel. The address, when using a GPS, takes you to the drive in front of the airport. I could see the hotel, but there wasn't any way to get there. I finally figured out that I had to exit the airport, travel north, turn on a little street that winds around through an industrial area, and turn between two other hotels in the area.

When we arrived, the desk was not staffed. There were guests at the bar, and I could hear people talking, but we stood for at least 5 minutes waiting, in spite of the fact that the staff were literally around the corner yukking it up with the guys at the bar.

When we got to our room, I discovered that the toilet would not flush properly and needed attention, and called to the front desk. Half an hour later no one had been there so I called again, and was informed that the young lady was the only one there and could not leave, and she couldn't tell me how long it would be. 20 minutes after that, a young man finally came to the room, snaked the toilet, and left. Later that night, as my daughter and I were getting ready for sleep, I discovered that the sink also would not drain if the water ran for more than a few seconds. My daughter ended up brushing her teeth over the bath tub, and we went to sleep.

We ordered dinner from the "gallery kitchen" which wasn't spectacular but ok. Breakfast was good.

One thing I didn't know is that this hotel DOES have a shuttle to the airport. We could have turned our rental in the night before and not paid for an extra day if I had known that. The website doesn't say anything about a shuttle.

All in all our stay was frustrating and disappointing. I would probably stay somewhere else if I'm needing a hotel near the Albuquerque airport again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights both arriving & departing New Mexico. Great location, convenient to the ABQ airport, very clean & the staff is wonderfully accommodating. We didn't have a car the first night & the front desk recommended a great restaurant & provided a ride w/the Airport shuttle service. Liked the breakfast & will certainly return on our next visit to Albaquerque!!

• Stayed July 2013
Yokohama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed here twice in the last week. The staff are superb; friendly, accomodating and professional. The room was spacious and very clean, with good quality linen. I had no problems with the shuttle or taxi.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Menasha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

It's a Hyatt so it was very beautiful and very well-maintained. Rooms were very comfortable but not posh. The breakfast was excellent with an actual cook who continually makes hot dishes for the duration of the breakfast hours. The shuttle service was a bit wonky stranding us at the car rental place on Thursday night for over 45 minutes even though the hotel was 5 minutes away. They did however get us to the airport in plenty of time the next morning. The location was very near the airport, the car rental place, and 2 major highways but there was no noticeable noise while in the room. There are only a couple of restaurant choices nearby so people without a rental car will need to make use of the shuttle service or take a cab. All in all a nice place that is very convenient. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I chose the Hyatt because it was so close to the airport and had a good rate. Hyatt has a good name and this property did not fail. I spend well over 150 days a year in hotels, usually one night at a time, so I can appreciate a great place to stay. I picked up quickly at the airport by their hotel shuttle. Warmly greeted at the front desk and I was on my way to my room in just a few short minutes. The rooms are large with a separate seating area from the sleeping area.
Wet bar with mini fridge. A small bar in the lobby is open until 11:00PM for beer and wine. Food available 24/7. Great included breakfast with a few hot dishes.
The only con is with the bathroom. It's very dark. The light is covered with a thick, yellowing shade that does not allow much light in the room, especially behind the double layer shower curtain. And why, of why do hotels put the bath towel rack INSIDE/OVER THE BATHTUB???
That's just crazy. The towel is damp before you ever use it. That towel rack would be better off placed on the wall over the toilet, rather than that cheap, framed hotel art.

Overall, a near perfect stay. I'll be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Are family had two rooms at Hyatt place for several days. I booked due to good reviews on Tripadvisor and other sites. Rooms had a nice seating area with sofas, good beds and a nice breakfast setup. It only took 10 minutes to drive to down town and had a few restaurants within a short drive. Only complaint was one of the rooms on the 6th floor was under the roof air conditioner and was slightly noisy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The is hotel has so much to offer. We arrived almost at 11 pm my husband
was very tired and he wanted a beer. Guess what this hotel has a bar with
decent prices. The room is very roomy and very modern. The bed OMG!
very nice slept as if I were in my own bed. The free breakfast was amazing.
They have breakfast sandwiches egg/bacon and cheese biscuits and bagels
with egg/cheese spinach and mushroom. Real steal oatmeal not the envelops,
fresh fruit and a variety of juices. My only complain is the coffee is not good at all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!