“Great Hyatt Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport

You added Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 Sunport Boulevard Southeast, Albuquerque, NM 87106   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #26 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Great Hyatt Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I'll start by saying I'm a Hyatt Platinum, soon to be Diamond member, and I love the Hyatt Place hotels. They're a great value, and they're a step above your traditional "business" style hotels. I booked this hotel last minute for my mother and I to visit family. I booked the rate that included a $25 food credit, and I planned on using all of it. My mother checked in earlier in the day, and went about her plans. I came straight from Vancouver, BC the same day via DFW, so I just wanted to relax before our visits the next day.

I arrived at the airport, and I called the hotel to send the shuttle to the airport. It seemed as though it took quite a while, as the hotel is extremely close to the airport. About 25 minutes later, the shuttle arrived, and I was on my way. I checked in, and went up the room. I ordered a chicken quesadilla and a caesar salad. The quesadilla came without chicken! But they were very prompt in preparing me another one at no charge of course. I'm not sure picky about these kinds of things. They're more humorous to me than anything.

Oh, also, when I told my shuttle driver I was a music producer, he rapped for the next minute or so... That was a mistake on my part, but a humorous twist in my day.

All in all, if you need a place to stay near the airport that has a shuttle, go for it! Also, the Hyatt Place has probably the best free breakfast of the "business" hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HyattPlaceABQAirport, Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your time at our hotel, and we thank you for leaving comments regarding the level of servive you received. Please know that we take these comments seriously as we train our associates and that we rely on comments such as yours to give us an idea of how our staff is treating our guests. I will personally be following up the issues that you had with the shuttle and with our food service. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to get the chance to serve you again in the future.
Kind Regards, Chad Adcox, Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Santa Fe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed here overnight before catching an early flight out. The room was very clean and comfortable. The service at check in first rate. The breakfast is bountiful. The drivers of the van were very cordial.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HyattPlaceABQAirport, Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time to fill out our review. We are pleased to see we acheived 5 stars from your most recent stay and we are glad that you enjoyed our staff as well as our A.M. Skillet breakfast. We hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the future here at Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport.
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Great hotel to park yourself at, free wifi, free breakfast which was actually good, wonderful friendly service and front staff, clean rooms, good location. My only gripe with this hotel is they refurbished an old hotel so it has old ceilings and its very noisy from elevator noise to hallway noise to loud heating and air conditioning, also plumbing is noisy, be prepared to hear your neighbors on both sides and upstairs when they flush or shower.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to complete our review. We are pleased to see we achieved 4 stars during your recent stay, and we are happy to note that you enjoyed our staff as well as your guest room. Please know that we strive to delight all of our guests, and that we have noted your comments regarding the noise level in your guest room.
Walnut, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed here one night for $70 through Priceline Express Deals after finding that my Southwest flight was delayed. The HP shuttle picked me up within 5 minutes from the Rental Car zone. The driver was very friendly and told me about the amenities and the various food and drink options available at the hotel. Check-In was quick and friendly. My room was what I have come to expect from HP. The room was very ample and felt more like a studio apt. the decor was up-to-date and everything was clean. The Gallery menu had decent variety. The gym was sufficient.

The only things I didn't like is that the pool is outdoors and there aren't any restaurants in walking distance of this location.

I will be back to this area at least one more time in the near future and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time to complete our review. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us, and we thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to the chance to serve you again here at Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport.
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is one of the older style Hyatt Place Hotels Staff seems friendly and helpful, but the building is showing a bit of age.

The rooms are typical Hyatt Place, but the bathroom could definitely use a major upgrade. Elevators are very loud.

Area is very convenient to the airport, but not many restaurants in the immediate area.

Breakfast was a bit of a zoo, as these free continentals tend to be... It never ceases to amaze me how so many people can get so excited over a free doughnut and some dried up scrambled eggs... What happened to the decent skillet sandwiches that the HP's were rolling out. This one just seemed to have some remnants of scrambled eggs and some very light looking pancake discs. I turned around and retreated back to my room.....

If I need a quick overnight by ABQ, I would stay here again. If I had a little more time, I would probably stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to complete our review. We appreciate your comments regarding your stay. Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport recently begun offering a new weekend breakfast option consisting of scrambled eggs as opposed to our standard breakfast sandwiches; we are currently testing out this new option, and while we have received many positive comments about our change, we will also note that you were not as pleased with our new selection. Please know that we take these comments seriously as we customize our breakfast to our guests needs and peferences. We hope we get the chance to serve you again in the future.
home
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed here one night after arriving late at ABQ. Check-in was fast and friendly. The staff seem to make it a point of being attentive and friendly. The room was a semi-suite, about one and a half rooms I'd say. It was clean and spacious. Breakfast had a good variety of items, hot and cold. Free internet provided. We really could not have asked for anything more. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We stop twice at this hotel on our trip to New Mexico because it's conveniently close to the airport. With the shuttle service available from early morning till late night, we were able to return our rental car the evening before our flight and took the shuttle to the airport the next day. Breakfast was served from 5:30am for early travelers, and the food was very decent, the fruits were very fresh. The hotel was very clean and pleasant, the staff very helpful and courteous, the room we had was very spacious. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Stayed March 2013

Been to Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!