“Expected better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport

You added Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 Sunport Boulevard Southeast, Albuquerque, NM 87106   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #28 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Expected better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Currently staying at this hotel. Not impressed - thought the Hyatt name meant a little more. Checked in and clerk asked where we were traveling from - I said Tulsa, and he said he had never heard of it....needs to get out more! I have traveled abroad and they have heard of Tulsa in Spain and Germany....

Our phone didn't work at all, our remote for the tv was broken, and the new one he brought up was broken also. I had to hit it several times on the bed to get it to work.

Internet has been broken since we got here until now.

Couldn't find ice on our floor at all - nothing was indicated anywhere on the walls of the hallways or in the room.

Although our ac is set on the coolest setting, it is about 75 in the room, which is too hot when the window faces the east.

Went down for breakfast and asked the clerk if they had flavored cream for coffee. Guess she didn't like that question. She was rude with her answer - I know the folks of Albuquerque are more friendly than this. Here's hoping I find some of them today as I am out and about exploring this beautiful city.

I truly hope our experience at this hotel gets better...I guess this is just a place to sleep if you're catching a flight....

Room Tip: Ask if the ac is working in your room before you take it. It really gets hot in here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for four days. My husband and I was celebrating our anniversary. The staff here was wonderful. There is a free breakfast every morning as well as free wi-fi and parking. Even though it is located near the airport, the noise level is very minimal. There's not a whole lot of eateries around nor shopping. The rooms are spacious and the beds are ultra comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Any room here is comfy but the higher the floor, the better the city view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I love this little hotel that is geared toward business travelers. The rooms are suite style, with a working desk and good internet access. I was able to get work done here - I appreciate the desk, lighting, and internet provided. My room had a nice view of the mountains. There is a small sitting area, somewhat separated from the sleeping area. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The shuttle driver was willing to take me to the grocery store when I needed to buy something. I will gladly stay here again. A previous reviewer has a point well taken about lotion in the room - altitude is high in Albuquerque and in the dry air your skin dries out quickly. So, pack lotion when you stay here. If the manager is reading this - Your staff is terrific and please add lotion to the amenities provided. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Findlay, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Found on hotwire as 3* airport location with free breakfast and free wifi. Rooms are spacious with a nice tv, micorwave and fridge. Room was clean. Bathroom and linen were clean. Comfortable mattresses and pillows. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Good variety of items for breakfast

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Belmont, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Was in town to visit my sister and stayed here. Was clean and the staff was pleasant. My only complaint, which is not really all that valid, is that they don't give you lotion in your room. :) the complimentary breakfast was a bit sad, too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is my "go-to" place in Albuquerque when traveling on business. Great location, close to places I shop and eat. The rooms are spacious and clean. The hotel is quiet and not too big to be personal. I had a problem with an unexpected cancellation and initially had an issue with requesting credit. The last person I got to was gracious enough to allow me to use the credit for my next stay, which I greatly appreciated. For this reason, I will return on my next trip.

I have stayed at what may be considered more upscale in ABQ, and always return here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Los Lunas, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The hotel does not disappoint. From a very spacious bedroom, to an excellent breakfast, this is a great place to stay near the Albuquerque airport. The breakfast had a very nice selection from eggs, to pastries, to yogurt.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!