“Good service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 Sunport Boulevard Southeast, Albuquerque, NM 87106   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #38 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
NM
“Good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is my "go-to" place in Albuquerque when traveling on business. Great location, close to places I shop and eat. The rooms are spacious and clean. The hotel is quiet and not too big to be personal. I had a problem with an unexpected cancellation and initially had an issue with requesting credit. The last person I got to was gracious enough to allow me to use the credit for my next stay, which I greatly appreciated. For this reason, I will return on my next trip.

I have stayed at what may be considered more upscale in ABQ, and always return here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

250 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The hotel does not disappoint. From a very spacious bedroom, to an excellent breakfast, this is a great place to stay near the Albuquerque airport. The breakfast had a very nice selection from eggs, to pastries, to yogurt.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Western New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a fairly typical business class hotel with pretty much everything you would expect from that sort of facility. Very nice, clean and comfortable with moderately upscale appointments. They have a bunch of granny smith apples in the lobby, which was a particularly nice touch. I took a look at breakfast (free) in the morning and decided Id rather go out because it looked undistinguished, but since I didn't eat it I probably shouldn't comment further. One sort of unusual thing that happened was that when I checked in they offered to give me a tour of the place.

Really, when it comes to deciding where to stay in moderately upscale places like this, it really comes down to price. I got this room on hotels.com for $71, which seemed like a very good deal for a property of this quality. However, if you're a hotels.com user here's something you should know. This is not fluke because it's happened to me twice in the last six months. The price for this room was cheaper on the hotels.com iPad app than it was on the hotels.com website. In the case of this property, it was only a couple of dollars, but last summer I got price quotes where there was more than $10 difference. The quotes were obtained at exactly the same time for exactly the same room type on exactly the same property. No, I can't explain it. You would think that they would both be dipping into the same database. Go figure.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Santa Fe, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Friendly, attentive check-in staff. Wonderful, spacious, cheerful rooms, excellent breakfast choices. Provides Wall Street Journal and USA Today in AM. Will definitely stay again. Large flat screen TV in room. Excellent work and living space separate (but adjoining) bedroom.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hoback Junction
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Seemed short staffed. Good employees trying to do lots of things, but providing excellent customer service. Braydon was hugely helpful and accommodating. Shuttle didn't leave at 5am as requested. Felt like we were in agreement that there would be a set departure. Not ready to go when we came down. Overall a clean comfortable facility I would stay at again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We recently stayed in this hotel for the second time. The first time, minus children, and we got a wonderful King room. The second time with our kiddos, and somehow our online reservation for a king room ended us up in a handicapped king room, which was, to be honest, lower in quality than the last room we had stayed in. Hmm.

However, the breakfast staff was very courteous, as well as the evening desk clerk. When we left for the day, I left a DND in our lock because our children left their electronics in the room, but upon return, our room had been cleaned anyway. I was fussing about it in the hall as a gentleman walked by, asking what was wrong. It turned out that he was the housekeeping manager, and he apologized profusely. About 15 minutes later the room phone rang, and it was the same gentleman apologizing again for the mishap; he offered free entrees and asked if I would like anything in compensation, but we were going out to dinner, so I declined.

The next day as we were packing, I checked under the bed to make sure we did not leave anything, and there was a hairbrush.... and it WASN'T ours!! I mentioned it to the gentleman, as he was there checking us out and he offered a discount for our stay. I thought that despite the issues, the staff was polite and thoughtful, and very aware of ways to help a person to feel better about it.

Aside from that, the stay was quiet, peaceful, and comfortable. No nasty window units, instead a nice thermostat to control the room's air. The room appeared clean and tidy, and we had no other problems at all!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This was my first time staying at a Hyatt Place hotel - I did expect more the lobby was very nice and the staff was great.. The room had a huge tv which was nice. The bed however was not good at all, something that you would find in a lowerend hotel.. I want confort when I travel and I really had expected more from this hote.,

Over all it was ok not great!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!