“Very Good Stay(s)” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Socorro, New Mexico
“Very Good Stay(s)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

I've stayed at this location and love it for those overnight trips to Albuquerque. Minor issues for me are:

-miss the old pillowtop mattresses. These new ones are nice but I don't sleep well on them as I don't sleep well on anything other than pillowtop.
-wish this one was across from the outdoor mall
-pool small and not usable for adults as there is a waterslide and it's pretty much just for the kids. The hot tub is right next to the pool and not tranquil with screaming children. If I had kids though I'm sure I would feel different.

Service - Always with a smile! Great front desk staff
Meal Service - Food sub-par but ok if you have to get something.
Parking - Plentiful
Rooms - We always get an upgraded suite so there is always plenty of room. Just make sure you get one on the North side (away from highway).

Can't really complain much. Just wish they'd put back the pillowtop mattresses!

***Tip - For free hot breakfast become a Gold Honors member.. It'll save you $13 each.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Shreveport, LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

I booked about 10 rooms for our family group when we came to ABQ for a wedding. The property is new, very nice, very clean. We experienced a few problems, but, for the most part, the staff addressed the issues promptly. I didn't like the heaviness of the duvet on the bed, and a regular blanket was delivered to my door. The printer in the business center was not working, but the staff let us e-mail documents to them to print for us and also made copies for us. We also experienced cool to tepid water temperatures. The outdoor patio was nice in the evening, but we were approached by a transient. This is where some security would be very nice!! The rooms with king beds only have showers, no bathtubs. This would have been good to know ahead of time for those who had little ones to bathe. The staff changed rooms for those in our party who requested it, but forgot to put the change in their computer, and subsequently assigned a man in the middle of the night to the room where my sister-in-law slept. Fortunately she had bolted the door!

• Liked — The friendly staff and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Lack of security
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

When I called to make our Group reservations, I wish they would have told me they are right next to a HUD-low income apartment complex. As well as the previous review, both of our travel vans was broken into.

The hotel staff did not care AT ALL. The police came and wrote a report and they mentioned it is a very bad neighborhood due to the apartment complex next door. There is no security in or out of this hotel. I wish we had known because we would not have stayed here. The lighting is extremely dim and this is a freeway property so there is a lot of transients. I certainly cannot recommend this hotel due to safety of your belongings and most likely your own safety.

• Liked — NEW
  • Disliked — LACK OF SECURITY/DID NOT FEEL SAFE
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
GMHiltonGardenInn, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, April 14, 2009
I would like to respond to any security concern that may be out there regarding this Hotel. The Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown is just as safe and secure as any other hotel in Albuquerque if not more so due to added measures.

First the hotel has become an active member of safecity, an alliance of hotel operators and business operators who work with the Albuquerque Police Department in the prevention of crime. In addition the hotel, has security cameras in and outside the building. We also added security personnel to our team who patrol, both in and outside the building.

Common sense also is important in any large or small community, not leaving valuables, such as money, electronics, computers ect in a vehicle will prevent crime from happening. Leaving such items in any city parking lot whether it is a hotel parking lot, shopping center or your own driveway is an invitation for criminals.
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

I can't say terrible because the room was very nice. However, my husband and I woke up the next morning to find our car, along with another guest's, had been broken into. According to the staff this never happens...according to the police officer, it happens quite often. The hotel is built right next to an apartment complex in which the police are called to daily. A trail of glass from the broken windows trailed across the parking lot to the low wall that seperated the hotel from the apartments. The staff wasn't very helpful about the matter and didn't seem to care. The manager on duty would not even speak to the police officer. The security cameras on the parking lot were not yet working. Out of safety concerns, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Liked — The room was comfortable.
  • Disliked — Safety concerns
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

Great property with lots of nice amenities: limited-service restaurant, large bar, patio with fire pits, indoor pool with slide, business center and exercise room! Superb mattresses and cool LCD room TVs.

Close to Coronado Mall, Winrock Center in the up-and-coming Uptown area.

The flight monitor in the lobby is a real plus!

• Liked — Amenities
  • Disliked — Bar hours
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2008

A new hotel with significant teething problems.

On the plus side, the furnishings are nice, the beds are very comfortable, and the staff are friendly. There are plenty of restaurants nearby, plus some shopping.

However, all even-numbered rooms face directly onto a busy freeway, and the noise level is much higher than one would expect in this class of hotel (I think the problem could probably be fixed by installing higher-quality windows). Make sure you get an odd-numbered room!

I had other problems too. After the first night, I asked to be moved to a different room because of the noise. When I returned at the end of the day, their system showed me as simply having checked out, with no record of my request to change rooms (fortunately, an acceptable room happened to be available).

The hot water supply was inconsistent: fair the first morning, poor the second, and good the third.

Although the rooms have HDTV's, there are no HD channels yet, nor is there pay-per-view etc. yet.

• Liked — Bed comfort
  • Disliked — Freeway noise in even-numbered rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
RizzaE16, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, October 29, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to providing you with the same amenities and excellent service upon your next visit with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you and have a nice day!

Ms. Rizza Ebaugh
Guest Services Manager
6510 Americas Pkwy NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110
505-944-0300 Ext. 2006
rizza.ebaugh@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown? Share your experiences!