“Clean hotel, great location and excellent customer service.” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #23 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
“Clean hotel, great location and excellent customer service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is my third time staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Uptown. When I parked I noticed that the parking lot was well lit and clean. Check in was very fast and friendly. The hotel's lobby, elevators, halls and my room were all spotless. I'm not sure what the hotel uses, but the entire hotel smells very fresh and clean. Breakfast is always very nice. The food to order is prepared very quickly and the continental bar was very clean kept full. The hotel's WiFi had a very strong signal in the lobby, my room and in the pool/gym area. This hotel is in a great location with shopping and restaurants within walking distance, maybe a 5-10 minute walk, if you like to stretch your legs. I did have a couple of problems at the hotel. I like to stay here because my niece and nephew like to play in the pool because it has a nice slide. The first day I checked in I noticed the pool was drained for cleaning with no prior notice. I called the hotel when I booked to make sure the pool would be open and they said yes. The pool was opened and clean for my second day. Also, on my last day, the hotel had no hot water. That was not a pleasant shower before checking out and heading to the airport. The front desk said there was a problem with the boiler. Even with these two problems, I recommend this hotel because the front desk and management is very responsive and do what they can to fix a problem. For the pool being closed, they took $40 off of my daily rate and did not charge me for the second night because the hot water went out. Sometimes things go wrong when you stay at a hotel. It's how the hotel responds to those problems that count for me. This hotel has their act together despite a few issues. I will stay here again the next time I'm in Albuquerque.

Room Tip: This isn't a loud area, so any room on any floor should be nice and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Albuquerque, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Staff was extremely friendly, the hot hors d'oeuvres and managers reception was wonderful. A glass of wine by the fire hit the spot. It is located near a nice italian chain, buca di beppo. So it was easy to get dinner. I can see families enjoying this place as well, they had a killer twisty slide that goes into a nice pool. I didnt use, but it looked fun.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Me and my husband stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on our wedding night. The staff was absolutely fantastic! Everyone was so nice, and they gave us free breakfast just for being the bride and groom. Sarah served us, and was the best waitress I've ever had at a hotel. The bread bar and fruit bar were really fresh, and we were able to order anything we wanted for a main course. Everything was delicious and Sarah was prompt and sweet and checked on us often. My only complaint was that the jacuzzi didn't work and the TV channels were minimal, but I think if I had let someone know, they would've taken measures to fix it for sure. They made my wedding night relaxing and wonderful.

• Stayed November 2013
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We spent one night here with our kids. The room seemed a bit better than some of the HGIs we've visited. The WiFi was reliable and high speed which isn't always the case. It is in a great location if you want to spend some time shopping and there is a nice selection of restaurants nearby (though the BJ's across the street has horrid service). We ate dinner at the HGI one night and the food was quite good with friendly helpful service. They mixed a solid Manhattan too!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sierra Vista, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Albuquerque, NM was a great experience. They have professional friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms, and it is a beautiful hotel in general. We will definitely return the next time we are in Albuquerque!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed here recently while visiting family. Our room was nice and everything was clean. Unfortunately, the beds are the sleep number variety and I have found those to be extremely uncomfortable. The bed felt very hard, even when I kept dialing down the number until I reached the last setting. I didn't sleep well the entire time we were there. Our heater didn't work and the coffee pot quit working. After several attempts to fix the heater, we were moved to a different room. The management graciously upgraded our room from a king to a king suite for the inconvenience. (The coffee maker was replaced.) Overall, we liked the hotel and the service, but the beds were a negative for me.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The staff is wonderful the location is excellent with Interstate access on/off less than two blocks away. Full service restaurant. Very clean but sometimes the elevators do not cooperate. Close to major shopping malls and many other food establishments.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown? Share your experiences!