“clean, modern and excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #28 of 145 Hotels in Albuquerque
“clean, modern and excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

overnight stay as I passed through town. another fantastic HGI experience. new property right off the interstate. big mall nearby with a target, starbucks, etc

hotel has large restaurant/bar and an Italian joint next door.

attention parents -- large pool with 2 story water slide. all indoors!

• Stayed February 2013

okc, ok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stopped here on our way from Phoenix to Oklahoma City. Booked through Expedia.

The staff was amazing, all very friendly. The hotel and room was clean enough, but our bathroom smelled like urine. I brought clorox bleach wipes and felt better about the bathroom after using them! We WERE given a room on the highway side (like other Expedia users have mentioned), but with the air running we didn't hear it at all.

I am very glad we stopped here, very convenient and had parking for a 20 foot U-Haul. There is a restaurant right next door, Buca di Beppo, it was decent chain Italian food. I had a hard time getting comfortable on the adjustable mattress, my husband slept fine. The bathrooms are cramped, big enough for one person. The shower was huge, though. I'd say my favorite thing about this stay, next to convenience, was the BREAKFAST! Half buffet style, half cooked to order (eggs). I ordered bacon, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy from a female chef who looked like she'd rather be somewhere else. The eggs were perfect. ASK FOR SALSA! It's made fresh daily and very tasty! They also had an assortment of pastries, muffins, fruitj

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stopped at this hotel while traveling, what a great choice. The hotel is situated near many, many restaurants and shopping options. I was warmly greeted upon arrival. The rooms were clean & very cozy. I did hear the children in the room next to me, however I do not hold the hotel responsible for that. I was very pleased with the experience!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went over Christmas and the staff was friendly and the breakfast delicious! We went before a couple years ago, and the pool was incredible. Unfortunately, this time, the slide was only open at certain times, and we could not come at those times. I recommend going in the summer. But overall, a wonderful stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Julie T, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your nice words about our hotel! We thank you for staying with us!

Our waterslide is open 7 days a week during the summer, but, between Labor Day and Memorial Day, it is open only on weekends (Fri.-Sun.). We make a point of scheduling life guards during the hours that the waterslide is open. Next year, when Christmas also falls during the week, we will make sure that we have life guards available during the holiday for our guests. We don't want to disappoint the children!
Norwood PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I wanted a Hilton brand hotel with an indoor pool for my daughter. It has a cool, long spiral slide but the pool area is quite small. The bedding was clean and they touted their mattresses which have adjustable firmness on either side of the bed. I found the beds to be extremely firm, even when on the softest setting. The shower was very nice and spacious. The room wasn't completely cleaned though after our first night there. Also, the TV is not HD is the picture looks pretty lousy in this day and age. I did not eat at the restaurant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Friendly staff. Nice facility. Good location. Quality experience. Thought that breakfast would come with the room though... Although Sergio, the waiter at breakfast, was extremely helpful! And the bar tender working at night as engaging and attentive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Great all the way around. Great service, spacious rooms, comfortable beds and pillows, clean bath, great breakfast. Would defiantly stay here again!

We had a room on the north side of the hotel. Absolutely no noise from I-40. Not sure what other reviewers are talking about. We couldn't even hear any road noise when we were outside in the parking lot with a clear view of I-40.

Only thing I can say about opportunities for improvement is that hilton needs to figure out a consistent way to charge for breakfast at HGI. We stayed at three different HGI's on this trip and all three charged differently. It really isn't clear what is free if anything or what you will get charged for as part of the buffet. No complaints with this hotel, just something hilton can do better to improve the consistency of the experience for its guests.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family