“Very nice hotel, excellent location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now, Save Up to 25%
Ranked #17 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very nice hotel, excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stopped at this hotel while traveling, what a great choice. The hotel is situated near many, many restaurants and shopping options. I was warmly greeted upon arrival. The rooms were clean & very cozy. I did hear the children in the room next to me, however I do not hold the hotel responsible for that. I was very pleased with the experience!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went over Christmas and the staff was friendly and the breakfast delicious! We went before a couple years ago, and the pool was incredible. Unfortunately, this time, the slide was only open at certain times, and we could not come at those times. I recommend going in the summer. But overall, a wonderful stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Julie T, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your nice words about our hotel! We thank you for staying with us!

Our waterslide is open 7 days a week during the summer, but, between Labor Day and Memorial Day, it is open only on weekends (Fri.-Sun.). We make a point of scheduling life guards during the hours that the waterslide is open. Next year, when Christmas also falls during the week, we will make sure that we have life guards available during the holiday for our guests. We don't want to disappoint the children!
Norwood PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I wanted a Hilton brand hotel with an indoor pool for my daughter. It has a cool, long spiral slide but the pool area is quite small. The bedding was clean and they touted their mattresses which have adjustable firmness on either side of the bed. I found the beds to be extremely firm, even when on the softest setting. The shower was very nice and spacious. The room wasn't completely cleaned though after our first night there. Also, the TV is not HD is the picture looks pretty lousy in this day and age. I did not eat at the restaurant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Friendly staff. Nice facility. Good location. Quality experience. Thought that breakfast would come with the room though... Although Sergio, the waiter at breakfast, was extremely helpful! And the bar tender working at night as engaging and attentive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Great all the way around. Great service, spacious rooms, comfortable beds and pillows, clean bath, great breakfast. Would defiantly stay here again!

We had a room on the north side of the hotel. Absolutely no noise from I-40. Not sure what other reviewers are talking about. We couldn't even hear any road noise when we were outside in the parking lot with a clear view of I-40.

Only thing I can say about opportunities for improvement is that hilton needs to figure out a consistent way to charge for breakfast at HGI. We stayed at three different HGI's on this trip and all three charged differently. It really isn't clear what is free if anything or what you will get charged for as part of the buffet. No complaints with this hotel, just something hilton can do better to improve the consistency of the experience for its guests.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Idaho Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

It has a good location and is in walking distance to many fine restaurants. The rooms where very nice and it was quiet, something that is important to me. The food was very nice in the mornings. I would stay there again, but I'll have to teach the chef how to make real green New Mexico chile stew. The bartender does not know what real green chile stew is, as I asked him and he said it was the very best. He was wrong, as it isn't even green.

Room Tip: If your looking for really great green chile stew try one of the smaller New Mexican restaurants
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
San Clemente, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We arrived in Albuquerque in the late evening and just needed a hotel for the night. This place had good enough reviews and we have always had pleasant experiences at Hilton Garden Inns so we gave it a shot. I read reviews before I entered so I knew: for a quiet room, you MUST ask to stay on the side of the hotel that faces AWAY from I-40. Unless you are from a huge city and are used to noise when you sleep, you must ask to have a room that does not face the interstate. Don't worry, just ask, the staff is used to this question. If one is not available, the front desk clerk told us that there is 1 room on the interstate-side that has double paned windows and is quiet. Try asking for that one!

Anyway, when we arrived, they had freely-available, freshly baked cookies on the desk for guests (nice perk!). The front desk clerk was really nice and helpful, she even went into the kitchen to nab us chocolate chip cookies, because only sugar and peanut butter were on the desk. She let us know that the hotel grounds are very safe...they have security that patrols the grounds and parking lot all night (which is great if you're driving across country and have a car filled with your life). We checked into our room and found it a normal room side but certainly comfy. We found that the beds were comfortable and all the room and bathroom linens were clean.

Breakfast wasn't free but we went to the Einstein Bagels that is just a few minutes from the hotel. We enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that do not face I-40. If there aren't any available, there is one room that faces...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown? Share your experiences!