“A+ stay in Albuquerque!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now, Save Up to 25%
Ranked #16 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
Wichita, Kansas
“A+ stay in Albuquerque!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Great all the way around. Great service, spacious rooms, comfortable beds and pillows, clean bath, great breakfast. Would defiantly stay here again!

We had a room on the north side of the hotel. Absolutely no noise from I-40. Not sure what other reviewers are talking about. We couldn't even hear any road noise when we were outside in the parking lot with a clear view of I-40.

Only thing I can say about opportunities for improvement is that hilton needs to figure out a consistent way to charge for breakfast at HGI. We stayed at three different HGI's on this trip and all three charged differently. It really isn't clear what is free if anything or what you will get charged for as part of the buffet. No complaints with this hotel, just something hilton can do better to improve the consistency of the experience for its guests.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Idaho Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

It has a good location and is in walking distance to many fine restaurants. The rooms where very nice and it was quiet, something that is important to me. The food was very nice in the mornings. I would stay there again, but I'll have to teach the chef how to make real green New Mexico chile stew. The bartender does not know what real green chile stew is, as I asked him and he said it was the very best. He was wrong, as it isn't even green.

Room Tip: If your looking for really great green chile stew try one of the smaller New Mexican restaurants
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
San Clemente, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We arrived in Albuquerque in the late evening and just needed a hotel for the night. This place had good enough reviews and we have always had pleasant experiences at Hilton Garden Inns so we gave it a shot. I read reviews before I entered so I knew: for a quiet room, you MUST ask to stay on the side of the hotel that faces AWAY from I-40. Unless you are from a huge city and are used to noise when you sleep, you must ask to have a room that does not face the interstate. Don't worry, just ask, the staff is used to this question. If one is not available, the front desk clerk told us that there is 1 room on the interstate-side that has double paned windows and is quiet. Try asking for that one!

Anyway, when we arrived, they had freely-available, freshly baked cookies on the desk for guests (nice perk!). The front desk clerk was really nice and helpful, she even went into the kitchen to nab us chocolate chip cookies, because only sugar and peanut butter were on the desk. She let us know that the hotel grounds are very safe...they have security that patrols the grounds and parking lot all night (which is great if you're driving across country and have a car filled with your life). We checked into our room and found it a normal room side but certainly comfy. We found that the beds were comfortable and all the room and bathroom linens were clean.

Breakfast wasn't free but we went to the Einstein Bagels that is just a few minutes from the hotel. We enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that do not face I-40. If there aren't any available, there is one room that faces...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

The gm was unwilling to help with a reservation issue. Kept passing the buck and unprofessional. So upsetting this diamond member will never stay at another Hilton property. A $140 issue has cost Hilton $20,000 a year, real smart.

• Stayed November 2012
Julie T, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your concern and for contacting us. We certainly understand the frustrations of travel and changing plans! However, you received a greatly discounted pre-paid rate. As per Hilton, no changes can be made to the reservation after 72 hours of making it. I am so sorry that did not work out for you in this case. We hope you will return on your next trip to Albuquerque.
Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here last fall and it was fine but this trip we woke up with back aches in the morning and tossed and turned all night. The dials did not work for bed adjustments so not a good sleep at all. Breakfast was good. Just an average hotel stay. Towels were clean and the room was clean. Had a room not facing highway so no noise heard.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Julie T, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you so much, Brannie, for choosing to stay with us again! And thank you for your nice comments about our hotel, with the exception of your bed. I am so sorry you had a problem with it! Please feel free to call me at the hotel and identify your room to me, so that we can address the repair need. We look forward to having you back and making it a great stay!
MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

HGI seems to be our chain of choice lately, and this one didn't disappoint except in one area. The beds were comfy, the room was very nice, the shower head was high and had good water pressure. The staff was very nice. The only complaint we had was that our room faced I-40 and was really noisy. So much so that I didn't sleep very well the two nights we stayed there. We going back in a few days on our return trip and we've asked for rooms that face the front of the hotel. Hopefully they will be quieter.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back face I-40 and are very noisy. Ask for a room that faces the front.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel, JdubyaMO! And thank you for the nice words about your stay. I am just sorry you experienced noise! I assume, from the date of your review, that you stayed with us during Balloon Fiesta, a time when we're always sold out, so there are few options if you want to move to a different room. We are, however, looking into ways to make the highway side more soundproof. Thank you for your comments. We hope you will stay with us again in the future!
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here on a whim and was immediately greeted by a very friendly front desk person who apologized because I had to wait a few minutes as she attended to another guest. Very cool!
The location is a good one for Albuquerque with a chic Mall and restaurants within walking distance.You'll need a car to get to Old Town and the restaurants on Central Avenue.
The hotel itself is very clean and very comfortable. The usual Hilton garden Inn style but bigger and "posher". Rooms were also clean, plenty of different pillows to choose from,very comfortable beds, plenty of towels and quiet rooms.
The bar was busy when I arrived and people were eating dinner in the bar and restaurant, which is usually a good sign for a chain hotel.
I ate dinner out but the breakfast was good quality and fresh. The usual fruit, yoghurt and cereal etc. with a cook making eggs and omelets to order.
The staff are very friendly here. This seems to be a consistent theme with Hilton Garden Inns right now.
The only thing I can't understand is why some hotels light up their hotels with outside spotlights, like this one. It means that we are forced to close the curtains to darken the room to sleep. This is one of those hotels. I would understand if it was an architectural masterpiece but it isn't..it's a Hilton Garden Inn!The least they should do is turn them off at @ midnight!
The location isn't very pretty being right by I 25 and close to office buildings..so I wouldn't go here for a honeymoon! But if you want a central hotel in Albuquerque that is practical with restaurants close by, comfortable and a little more upscale that your usual Garden Inn I would recommend this one.

Room Tip: The hotel is beside the busy I 25 so choose a North facing room away from the interstate. In my room...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown? Share your experiences!