“Clean, comfortable stay” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Round Rock, Texas
“Clean, comfortable stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed here for one night as a mini-vacation. Booked it based on Trip Advisor reviews. The lobby is very clean and inviting, I didn't try the restaurant in the lobby so I can't comment on that. The staff was nice and helpful with city information. I asked the clerk if the noise from the freeway side was as bad as the reviews say and she agreed. She stated that the noise is worse on the lower floors facing the freeway however that they are working on the problem and are testing soundproof windows. She put us in room 713 which is on the opposite side of the freeway. The room was clean however all of us immediately noticed that the smell was overpowering. It smelled exactly like a hospital. That was a little tough to get used to. The view was nothing impressive at all, the hotel sits in a business district and it provides a limited view of the Sandia Mountains. An Italian restaurant named Buca Di Beppo sits directly across the hotel. The hotel is very close to shopping areas and many other restaurants (about five blocks away). We booked a two queen room and it was large enough for four of us to spread out. The pool has a slide however the hours of use are odd since it requires that a lifeguard be present. I forgot to get a picture of the schedule but I believe that on weekdays it's open in the evening and on weekends it's open only in the morning. While we were there, several kids were jumping over the guardrail and coming down the slide anyway. The parents of these kids were sadly encouraging the kids to do it! Anyway, it was an average stay, nothing spectacular.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway side due to noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed here on a road trip from Austin - so long day on the road. Room was very comfortable and clean. We had no problems with noise. Nice to have bar and food options in lobby. Easy location just off the highway.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Yes, this hotel is close to the highway, but it's possible to enjoy a room with little noise. (Ask when booking.) The location is great for either walking or using a car. Uptown is nearby, and there are many restaurants and shops within walking distance.

The rooms are rather clean and spacious, but the carpet really needs replaced. Also, rooms weren't cleaned until later in the day. It would be good to have a breakfast included, but unless you pay a special rate, breakfast is on your own.

For the price and location, this is a great value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Santa Fe, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I expected more from a Hilton. Upon arrival, I was greeted by friendly staff and a nice room - that was the good part. But I didn't know that the rooms on the south side of the building are TERRIBLY LOUD and thus made it almost impossible to sleep. When I asked for a new room, as a Hilton Honors member, I was disappointed not to get it. When I asked for a late check out due to a late night flight, I was disappointed that I had to pay full price. When my niece wanted to swim, I was disappointed to learn that they CLOSE the pool slide for all kids until the evening! In the nearly 100 degree heat in Albuquerque, it was a huge let down. For this price, there are definitely better options in ABQ.

Room Tip: This location is best if you have a car, but "doable" if you want to walk. Note: you WON...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed here mid June for 3 nights while we visited family. The staff was friendly and helpful and upgraded us to a two room suite since my husband is a diamond member. The kids LOVED the slide at the pool and the made to order breakfast. Only wish we would have known before that our 4 year old wouldn't be allowed to use the slide. They have to be 6.
I didn't think it was noisy staying on the freeway side of the hotel but we had 3 kids with us. Great location near Old Town, places to eat, and shopping. I felt very safe here although I did choose to run inside instead of outside on the busy roads. My only gripe was that the air conditioning in the work out room was not working despite my requests to have it fixed. I think they were working on it though. Also, we had to ask the maid service to come twice before they EVER came to even replace towels.
Will definitely stay here next time and so will the rest of our extended family that didn't get so lucky at a Hampton on the other side of town.

Room Tip: I wouldn't want to be above or next to the indoor pool. That would be noisy!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sidney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Not Much Noise, I need a quiet palce to sleep, close to the highway and a resturant right next door( Italian ) Security in parking lot, uptown area within walking distance with shops and eaterys

Room Tip: Large parking if you have amotorhome etc...Front desk was great and helpfull, bartender a little cha...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We have visited this hotel on several occasions. We like it so much that we have brought our mom here for a night away as her Christmas gift and my sister for a night away as her birthday present. The hotel is clean, modern, comfortable and easy to find. It's within walking distance of the fun shops at Uptown and the fabulous Marcello's steakhouse. It is perfect for a weekend getaway--hope you enjoy this place as much as we do---hoping to return next month!

Room Tip: Pick your room based on view of mountains or the Uptown shops. Either side is nice.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Uptown? Share your experiences!