“What a great experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Downtown Historic Bed & Breakfasts of Albuquerque

Save Saved
You added Downtown Historic Bed & Breakfasts of Albuquerque to your Saves list
Downtown Historic Bed & Breakfasts of Albuquerque
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   207 High Street NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102 (Huning Highland Historic District)   |
Ranked #2 of 24 Albuquerque B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Northbrook, Illinois, United States
“What a great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I had the great pleasure of a 3 day/night stay at the Spy House!! The house itself is like living in another era, filled with history. Our room was very comfortable, clean and cheary! Enough about the house: lets talk about breakfast!! We ate with other guests in the beautiful dining room. Meeting other people from all over the country and world just adds to the overall experience. The food is just great and Kara was more than happy to adjust her menu to accomodate my husband who is lactose intolerant. I loved having tea and coffee 24/7 and having really good tea and coffee is a big plus!! If you like fresh eggs, this is your spot: the chickens are right in the back yard-you can't get fresher than that!! All in all, a great stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Destin, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great little B&B in downtown Albuquerque! Hidden from the main streets but close to everything. We were there for a wedding and it was a beautiful setting. Steve, Kara and crew provide great meals, service, and room maintenance. It is a very well kept facility with a great backyard with plenty of shade and a nice relaxing pond/seating area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakland, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My life partner & I just got back from a fabulous 4 day weekend in Albuquerque, my first ever visit there. We stayed at this wonderful B&B and are so pleased we did. It is absolutely charming & at a convenient location just off Central Ave (old Route 66). Steve and Kara Grant, the owners and innkeepers, pull out all the stops to make you feel right at home, including making a full and delicious breakfast every morning, guaranteeing something different every day unless you're staying for more than 2 weeks. If your travels take you to this delightful city for either pleasure or business, do yourself a favor and book a room here. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: The Rosenberg Room in the Spy house is a total delight. Wonderful morning sun, a very comfortable ki...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

It is hard to put into words just how amazing our stay was at the Historic B&B of Albuquerque!! Steve & Kara, thank you so much for all you did, for your hard work and for your attention to each detail, ensuring that our son's wedding was, well, perfect. The garden setting was beautiful and intimate and so many of our guests commented on this. The location is quiet and the rooms wonderful. Thank you also for the excellent breakfasts you served, it was a treat we anticipated each morning. My 12-year-old grandson summed it up best as we were preparing to leave -- I don't want to go, I love this place. Amen to that!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a beautiful spot to kick back and relax. Downtown Historic Bed & Breakfasts of Albuquerque definitely has comfy accommodations. Lots of room indoors and out to enjoy. Plenty of shade in the front and back yards. Steve, Kara and crew provide great meals and service. A really nice place to return to after a day of activity and sun. We look forward to our next visit to New Mexico, thanks in large part to this place. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

From the moment I stepped out of the car, I knew we were in for a treat. The property is magazine beautiful. From the fountains, the flowers, the bright and well-paired colors to the cute little porch swing, this place is like stepping into a fantasy. And that was just the front yard. The first time I stepped into the backyard, I literally just stopped in my tracks and took it all in. It has to be one of the most peaceful, gorgeous, and coolest backyards I've have ever been in. I don't want to say to much; I would hate to spoil that first time experience! Expect to seriously chill out and relax though.

Kara met us in the backyard and took us a little tour on the way to our room. Kara might be one of the genuinely nicest people I've ever met. She was in constant motion between preparing a wedding and hosting 30 some guests and the smile never left her face. The house it beyond cool. It really does feel like you are staying at a good friends' house. It's completely spotless and filled with neat little things to read and look at. The history of the property is amazing! Each guest room is different and BEAUTIFUL. We stayed in the Pansy room and it was quaint and really comfortable. The beds are high quality and the linens were super soft. It really is just like staying at home, except nicer! Our bathroom had a clawfoot tub, which was awesome to soak in after a long day hiking.

Kara and Steve absolutely know what they are doing when it comes to breakfast. Fresh squeezed OJ, fresh coffee, fresh fruit, and menu items like hatch green chile quiche were just a small taste. The food was over the top. Fresh eggs from the backyard chickens, does it get any better than that?!? My mouth is watering just writing this.

They hosted the best wedding I've ever been too. There wasn't a single detail missed. The wedding guest bathrooms even included little touches like toiletry bowl with toothpicks and things by the sink. The grounds make for a very picturesque setting and it's just so intimate and warm. This is definitely this place to hold a dream wedding!

I really could go on and on. But I won't. Just stay there. Or get married there, Or both. I promise you'll thank me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at Downtown Historic Bed & Breakfasts for a week and a half and loved every minute of my stay. I chose to stay at a bed and breakfast because I was visiting for an extended period of time and wanted a "homey" atmosphere to return to at the end of the day. This bed and breakfast provided just that, with a beautiful, peaceful backyard and comfortable rooms. Steve and Kara were very accommodating and asked (and provided) what would work best with my schedule (in terms of breakfast, linen changes, etc). I highly recommend this B&B to anyone and will return if and when I am back in the area!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Downtown Historic Bed & Breakfasts of Albuquerque? Share your experiences!