“Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 103 Restaurants in Petersburg
Vienna, West Virginia
“Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was a great place to have breakfast and the staff was very friendly and kind. The food was good also. Will go back there.

Visited September 2013

Richmond, Virginia
“Pretty Good Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

While in the Petersburg area today we stopped by for breakfast and were very satisfied with our meals. My wife ordered French toast, which she said was very good and I had the western omelet with hash browns and biscuits, everything was cooked just right. The place was very clean, great service and very friendly waitresses. I had read some TripAdvisor reviews before going and saw that they did not take credit cards, which is rare these days, so we went with cash in hand. Seems the majority of patrons were locals so I guess they knew about the cash only payments, they were busy so apparently not taking credit cards doesn't cut down on their business. We'll go again if we are in the area.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fairfield, California, United States
“Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Small little spot, appears to be family owned. Only complaint, Cash sales only. Luckily I had some cash on me.

Visited August 2013
Dinwiddie, Virginia
“Local hangout for Breakfast and Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is the place the locals have gone to for over 40 years. Good basic breakfast and lunch with friendly waitresses and fast service. Reminds me of Mel's Diner. Kiss My Grits !!!!

Visited July 2013
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Great food, prices and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

YCS is a go to place for a nice home cooked breakfast at a nice price. Anytime I have an out of town guest I like to bring them here for breakfast. Their menu has a very great variety, even a picky eater can find a meal they'll like. I always order the breakfast but they have daily lunch specials that even come with dessert; reminds you of an old school diner. The pancakes are good (one pancake can fill you up) and they serve hand shaped sausage patties, so good! Everything I've tried here I've loved with the exception of the french toast. It's not bad I just don't like a lot of egg used to make my french toast & I could taste a lot of egg (just a personal preference). The only real complaint that I have is that they serve unsweetened tea, c'mon we're in the south we need sweet tea! ;) This place is not far off of Interstate 95 and the service is really fast! Their hours are 5:45 am to 1:45 pm so you've got to catch them for breakfast or lunch, and make sure you have cash!

• Visited May 2013