“Great family” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 103 Restaurants in Petersburg
Cuisines: Greek, Pizza, Steakhouse, Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Dessert
Description: The finest in Italian, Greek and American Cuisine.
Waynesboro, Virginia
“Great family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stopped in Petersburg on our way to visit family and ate here for dinner. Overall it was a great experience. This restaurant is family owned and operated and everything was pretty nice.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Petercburg
“The Best in Petersburg,Va”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Meals are always great no matter what you choose off the menu.Everyone is polite and glad to see you each and everytime.Would recommend this resturant to anyone.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Prince George, Virginia
“An Authentic Greek/Italian Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We have visited the Mad Italian many times and have never been displeased. We decided to take my mother there for her 92nd birthday. All five of us loved our meals....lasagna, eggplant parm., meatball sub, baked spaghetti.... All plates were empty at the conclusion of the meal. We topped off the meal with a delicious piece of chocolate cake. The service was great and Mr. and Mrs. Skordas, the owners, always treat their guests as family. Stop by if you are in town and give them a shot. I think you will thoroughly enjoy the experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Not My Idea of Italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

My husband was in the mood for Italian so we gave it a shot. I asked for a glass of Montepulciano and got a puzzled look for our server, so I knew I was going to be disappointed.
Played it smart & ordered a steak instead. It was OK. Sam's pasta dish was not. The sauce was overly seasoned & way too sweet & the pasta was not al dente. Why this place is even called The Mad Italian is beyond me. Maybe because a real Italian would get mad after eating here. The owner is Greek & in my opinion should stick to his own cuisine. Greek food is delicious but very different from Italian. Yes the sauce was unique, with 15 herbs & spices, but it wasn't like any Italian sauce I've ever had. The menu should be revamped to provide a better description of the offerings. I had no idea my steak was going to arrive smothered in mushrooms & onions. If you want Italian go somewhere else.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NE PHILLY
“Italian and Greek mix?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Always look for local restaurants that are recommended by TA when we are on the road. So we tried the Mad Italian. Food was terrible. I had lasagna and chicken parm as a pair and asked for a price waitress said same as pasta pairs. $11.99. Salad was iceberg and under-ripe tomatoes. Dressing was "Greek-Italian"- just awful. Lasagna was reheated. Chicken parm was good but smothered in a beef marinara sauce with "Greek-tasting" spices. Strange flavors and combinations. DH had gyro platter and asked to have a side of spaghetti instead of salad. That. Was a strange request, but what came out of the kitchen was even stranger! The shaved meat was dried out , cold and salty. The rest of the accompaniments were sparse and flavorless. The spaghetti with meat marinara was decent. When the bill came, it should have been $11.99+12.99. We were OVER-charged $13.99 for mine and $12.99 +. 4.99 for a child's spaghetti which was so
Supposed to be the FREE substitute for the salad. So, we won't be eating here or recommending that you eat here! Save your money and eat somewhere else.

• Visited April 2014