“DO NOT STAY HERE- listen to the poor reviews” 1 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Petersburg to your Saves list
Super 8 Petersburg
3138 South Crater Road, I-95 Exit 48B, Petersburg, VA 23805   |
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Petersburg
“DO NOT STAY HERE- listen to the poor reviews”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here and it was a big mistake. All the poor reviews were correct, this place is disgusting. The linen on the bed was disgusting and had stains from god knows what (take into account that we stayed here after the General manager responded to reviews on here and said this had been fixed), and one of the blankets on the interior of the bed had hair all over it that clearly was not mine. It was there when we got there! This has to be the loudest hotel I've ever stayed in, we could hear every single move the people staying above us made. My boyfriend and I only stayed the whole night because we checked in 10:30 on a Saturday night, so finding somewhere else at that time in area we are unfamiliar with would be tough. We chose this place because we are students so it was a good deal, but seriously spend 20 more dollars and stay in the Sleep Inn for $79.99 like we had done on our way down to our destination. We made the mistake of staying here on our way back.

• Stayed March 2013
aipgw, Manager at Super 8 Petersburg, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Guest - We have changed linen and towels in the hotel as we stated before. I am sorry that they were not up to par with what you were looking for but the new management does take your comment seriously and we will keep working on these concerns. On a positive note we have had many positive comments as well since we took over in Dec of 2012. Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

My family and I were on a family vacation when we stopped at this Hotel. Our first impression was it looked quiet so it was okay for the little time we'll be there. I went in to get the room and the clerk was alright nothing special. Got into our room my husband and I did a check and first thing we saw was a used CONDOM sitting on top of the trash. And it LOOKED FRESHLY used. I called downstairs to the desk 6 times and the clerk would not pick up. Then we got our stuff together went and got our money back. He asked if we wanted another room and I said NO. we ended up going up the street to Country Inn and suites and the hotel was 5 times better and very very clean.
The super 8 gave me the impression like they rent rooms by the hour to locals and don't clean.
If your in Petersburg Va by pass the Super 8 on Crater Road and go up the street not even 3 mins and you'll have a comfortable stay.

• Stayed March 2013
aipgw, Manager at Super 8 Petersburg, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Guest - We do clean all rooms and do not have any hourly business. I am sorry that you had this incident and we are reviewing all cleaning plans with housekeeping. Our housekeepers have been at the hotel for over 5 years so we know they would not leave the room like that on purpose. That is still no excuse and we look into it further to get all the facts in order. Also we do agree the Country Inn is a nice brand new hotel but we do get pleanty of guest that dont want to pay the $100.00 there and would rater pay $60.00 and are truely happy with our rooms at the price point we are at. Once again sorry for your experince.
Thomson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Nice quite motel. It is located in an easy accessiable area convenient to most local points of interest. Staff was friendly and informative.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Tannersville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The new management shows that they are improving the quality of this hotel. Room and bath were very adequate. Beds were comfortable and staff extremely friendl and accommodating!. We would stay there again! We did not have the continental breakfast while there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
aipgw, General Manager at Super 8 Petersburg, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you happy couple from Tannersville, Pennsylvania for your great review. We are working hard on providing a great product at a very affordable rate so thank you for noticing.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed here with my family while we were coming back from our vacation in Florida. The hotel is conveniently located off of I95 and a great mid point to stop between Florida and New York. My family and I ventured into Old town Petersburg and saw some civil war sites. Rooms were clean and spacious, and the queen beds were comfortable. The breakfast buffet was well maintained and offered a nice variety of hot and cold foods. Staff were very pleasant and accommadating.. The nightly rate was very reasonable. Would highly recommend this property if you want to explore Old town Petersburg with your family or you need a stopping point on your travels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kenneth C - Thanks for you great comments on the hotel. Sounds like you and your family had a great trip to florida and back. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Take Care

Managment

Been to Super 8 Petersburg? Share your experiences!