“Drugs and bugs” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 18 hotels in Petersburg
baltimore
“Drugs and bugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2007

I had booked hotel over the phone the same day. When I got to the hotel we were afraid to get out of the car. Gangs of teenagers were selling drugs on the corner; police were cruising by slow but pretty sure they were only worried about murders. We went in and the kid working the front desk said there was NO record of my reservation and or name. He booked another one just in case I couldnt find somewhere else to stay. He acknowledged that it was not safe. Five minutes later I found another hotel and he canceled my reservation and assured me I would not be charged. I had 2 teenage girls with me who were very frightened and a black sportscar which would not have made it through the night. The hotel was disgusting(from the lobby). Picture on website is not the hotel. Prostitutes on the corner. When we left to go down the road to new hotel..kids were yelling obscenities at us. I am from Baltimore so not exaggerating how bad it was :) Now OF COURSE I am being charged for the room because they miraculously found a reservation. Mr Patel is owner and manager and thief. Disputing with my credit card co but very difficult since he basically with no signature says I didnt cancel. I couldnt cancel since he said they couldnt /didnt have any reservation. I should have called the police right there. I will drive down to Va to file suit/have the feeling this is common practice at this dump. Basically running prostitution/drug ring out of hotel. When I got to the hilton i ended up staying in the girls at the front desk said :OH HELL NO" when I told them where we had been! Lucky to get out of there.

Stayed July 2007

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)

Been to Super 8 Petersburg / Hopewell? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Petersburg / Hopewell

Address: 555 Wythe St E, Petersburg, VA 23803
Location: United States > Virginia > Petersburg
Ranked #13 of 18 hotels in Petersburg
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Petersburg / Hopewell 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Wyndham, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Super 8 Petersburg / Hopewell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super Eight Petersburg
Petersburg Super 8
Petersburg Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 Petersburg / Hopewell, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.