“Kind of scary” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 18 hotels in Petersburg
Indianapolis
“Kind of scary”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This place is very small. The rooms are very compact, the doors are old heavy metal doors like you'd see at a psychiatric ward in some scary movie. All of the rooms smell like smoke, even if it is non-smoking. My interaction with the housekeeping staff is less than plesant, the front desk lady was asleep during the day.... Just not a good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Luke G, Manager at Comfort Inn Petersburg, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to start out by apologizing for the experience you had at our hotel. We strive to provide the utmost in customer satisfaction and take all of our customers’ concerns very seriously. Our entire staff is both aware and constantly reminded about the high level of importance we place on guest satisfaction. I have already relayed your comments to our housekeeping and front desk staff and used them as a reminder for the importance of guest satisfaction. We also work very hard to make sure that our guest rooms and facilities meet the highest of standards. Again, we would like to apologize for your experience.

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Charlotte
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We arrived at this hotel for Thanksgiving and immediately upon checking in and bringing in our belongings we accessed the hotel the side entrance, there was a smell in the hallway, but we kept going thought the room would be better so we proceeded to the room when we got in the beds were small and the room had a not so good odor, but what took the cake is the 2 large roaches we saw staring right at us,they didnt even run from us, we knew it was time to check out. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. First of all, I would like to apologize for your experience at our hotel. We strive to provide the utmost in customer satisfaction and work to make sure that all of our guests are well taken care of. We also have a thorough process in place to make sure that our guest rooms and facilities are cleaned and maintained to the highest standards. We would like to apologize for your experience and promote that it is not a typical experience that our guests have.
Fortescue, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We thought we were going to stay here overnight on our way home from FL. We were pleased that we had a ground floor room. But then the problems began. They advertised free WiFi. Well, their WiFi connection didn't work. They said we needed a ethernet connection to get online. If you want to use your computer while on the road and you're thinking of staying here, be sure to check and see if they have updated their system before you book a room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
LukeGi, Manager at Comfort Inn Petersburg, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
Thankyou for your comments. We apologize for the inconvienence caused from the lack of wireless internet service. Since your stay we have updated all the internet equipment and now provide improved wired and wireless services. We hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Norfolk, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Me, my husband, and my daughter of two, decided to book a hotel over the weekend for some fun around VA. We payed $60 dollars a night, booked 3 nights. We "requested" a smoke free room, to my surprise the room we got definitely smelled of cigarettes, mold, and just dirty. The bedding on one bed was disgusting as if it was not washed, the furniture was sticky nasty with an oily feel, the shower/toilets were NOT clean (i did not directly sit on the toilet). There were roaches in the room, the floors were dirty, tv,remote, microwave did not work. the towels were stained with orange on more than 3 of them. it did not feel as though the ac was on, and the control for it were broken (go figure), we called to talk to the desk about it no answer, then when they did answer, there was nothing they could do (really?). Needless to say that was our only night there, could not get a refund. Do not stay here it is disgusting. I was ready to call the health department and STILL considering it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
LukeGi, Manager at Comfort Inn Petersburg, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
We are very concerned about this comment. We believe that this representation is completely uncharacteristic of our hotel, and we have attempted to contact the guest twice to get additional information on this but with no response. We consistently seek to provide a clean, comfortable experience for our guests that leaves them refreshed and ready for the new day.
Charleston, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed here for a good while and overall I liked the place. The staff was friendly and helpful with a location just off of the interstate. Wal-Mart is 3 miles away on Rt 301 along with some eateries (I like the Lighthouse and Mad Italian). The breakfast is average with cereal, waffles, bacon, sausage, milk, juices, coffee, bagles, etc. The gym was small, but useable and the outside pool was a plus. The two down falls are the fact that it has two floors and no elevator and the rooms are cleaned a little on the early side (before 11:00am checkout) if you put your tag out housekeeping will not bother you, but if you are a light sleeper like I am you hear when they tap on the other doors and say "housekeeping" or when they run the vac. I'm not sure on the prices as my company flipped the bill.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Luke G, Manager at Comfort Inn Petersburg, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

I do apologize for the earliness of the housekeepers as they do begin their work at 9:00 AM in order to prepare the hotel for check-ins later in the day. I will mention the possibility of holding off on vacuuming rooms until later in the morning to our Houskeeping Supervisor .

We thank you for your review and we value your feedback. I hope that we can serve you again in the future and you are always welcome at the Comfort Inn Petersburg!

The Comfort Inn Petersburg
Stafford, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Very disappointed in this hotel. I have stayed at the Comfort Inn in Laurinburg, NC several times with no complaints. However, I will NEVER stay at this particular hotel again! Even if they offer me a free room. For almost 100.00 a night (with the military discount...I pity the customers who had to pay more) this hotel is one notch above the Econolodge! It is in dire need of an upgrade. The toilet had to be flushed several times before it actually worked. The shower drains so slowly that everything I washed off of my body was swarming around my ankles! So much for shower shoes!! And to top it all off....this morning I woke up to a roach crawling up the wall. Really? So is that why I got a "discount"...because they threw in the hotel mascot? The AC was too loud!!Lesson learned! If I ever have an occassion to visit Petersburg again I will pay the few extra dollars to stay at the Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Deepak V, Owner at Comfort Inn Petersburg, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Dear divamama1964,

I want to first begin by apolgozing to your for this stay. We take our loding business very seriously and your experience is not the guest experience that we strive to proide to our guests. The issues that you have brought forward have been addressed with our maintenance and houskeeping departments, and we will continue to strive to ensure an experience like this is not repeated.

Once again, we thank you for your response and hope that we can serve you again in the future.

Comfort Inn Petersburg
Los Lunas, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

A very comfortable and clean motel. I was on extended assignment and stayed for 8 weeks. I was soon treated as family. Very clean and constantly doing little upgrades. The owner was in evidence quite often. Two decent restaurants with in walking distance. Also fuel and C-Store. Just off I-95 .

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Petersburg? Share your experiences!