“Good place to stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Petersburg
Charleston, West Virginia
“Good place to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed here for a good while and overall I liked the place. The staff was friendly and helpful with a location just off of the interstate. Wal-Mart is 3 miles away on Rt 301 along with some eateries (I like the Lighthouse and Mad Italian). The breakfast is average with cereal, waffles, bacon, sausage, milk, juices, coffee, bagles, etc. The gym was small, but useable and the outside pool was a plus. The two down falls are the fact that it has two floors and no elevator and the rooms are cleaned a little on the early side (before 11:00am checkout) if you put your tag out housekeeping will not bother you, but if you are a light sleeper like I am you hear when they tap on the other doors and say "housekeeping" or when they run the vac. I'm not sure on the prices as my company flipped the bill.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Luke G, Manager at Comfort Inn Petersburg, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

I do apologize for the earliness of the housekeepers as they do begin their work at 9:00 AM in order to prepare the hotel for check-ins later in the day. I will mention the possibility of holding off on vacuuming rooms until later in the morning to our Houskeeping Supervisor .

We thank you for your review and we value your feedback. I hope that we can serve you again in the future and you are always welcome at the Comfort Inn Petersburg!

The Comfort Inn Petersburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Stafford, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Very disappointed in this hotel. I have stayed at the Comfort Inn in Laurinburg, NC several times with no complaints. However, I will NEVER stay at this particular hotel again! Even if they offer me a free room. For almost 100.00 a night (with the military discount...I pity the customers who had to pay more) this hotel is one notch above the Econolodge! It is in dire need of an upgrade. The toilet had to be flushed several times before it actually worked. The shower drains so slowly that everything I washed off of my body was swarming around my ankles! So much for shower shoes!! And to top it all off....this morning I woke up to a roach crawling up the wall. Really? So is that why I got a "discount"...because they threw in the hotel mascot? The AC was too loud!!Lesson learned! If I ever have an occassion to visit Petersburg again I will pay the few extra dollars to stay at the Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Deepak V, Owner at Comfort Inn Petersburg, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Dear divamama1964,

I want to first begin by apolgozing to your for this stay. We take our loding business very seriously and your experience is not the guest experience that we strive to proide to our guests. The issues that you have brought forward have been addressed with our maintenance and houskeeping departments, and we will continue to strive to ensure an experience like this is not repeated.

Once again, we thank you for your response and hope that we can serve you again in the future.

Comfort Inn Petersburg
Los Lunas, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

A very comfortable and clean motel. I was on extended assignment and stayed for 8 weeks. I was soon treated as family. Very clean and constantly doing little upgrades. The owner was in evidence quite often. Two decent restaurants with in walking distance. Also fuel and C-Store. Just off I-95 .

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I am usually not a fan of Comfort Inn or anything associated with Choice Hotels. Since this was the only hotel with vacancy, I decided to give it a try and just deal with any glitches, Too my amazement, this hotel, granted that it is an older Comfort Inn was well worth the price and maintained extremely well. It reminded me of the wonderful old fashioned hotels providing everything needed for an overnight traveler. The pool area was well landscaped and even had a barbecue for guests to use. There was a fitness center which I did not utilize. The laundry facilities were excellent with all vending machines available and in working order. As for the breakfast, it is the typical breakfast but has all items that you need for a hot breakfast and to get you started. Ivette who was in charge of the breakfast area was awesome and greeted every guest with a smile and a great morning conservation. She also kept the breakfast area immaculate. Yes, the room was small but nothing larger is needed as there were a few tables in the room and in the lobby. Perfectly organized and arranged. As for the rooms, they are a little smaller and the rug is ancient, the rooms were extremely clean. Enjoyed having the fridge and microwave in the room. o not expect a flat screen television in the room but it worked fine. The lobby was spotless with a small area that did have a flat screen television. Every employee was great and the manager knew how to cater to guests needs. Employees are courteous and professional. In the morning, you saw the grounds being cleaned and landscaped. This Comfort Inn is managed with perfection in mind. At check-out, I did state that I would definitely return to this hotel as it was extremely enjoyable. The only reason I took one star off is because the hotel has no elevators and the larger family rooms are located on the second floor. Suggestion for the hotel is to invest in a chairlift that can be placed on one set od stairs.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

We were coming back from daytona and were exhausted in our trip back to nj. The price was 49 .99. The room was just right for us-beds and bathroom were clean. Only saw one issue with the wall paper pealing in some areas and discolored the one area under neath the sink was moldy and pealing off. The fridge could have been wiped down a little.Otherwise just right for the one night.

• Stayed March 2011
Dumont, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011 via mobile

I decided to stay here after driving from Clearwater FL. I was driving back home to New Jersey. The lobby was clean and fresh smelling as well as the room. Overall, this was a great hotel. No bugs here.

• Stayed February 2011
Easton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

Stayed here on our drive home from Disney. We were a little leary after a bad stay at a Ramada in Orlando. Luckily this one was OK. Found a coupon in a rest area book and gave it a try. We wanted a free breakfast and a room with fridge and microwave. This had all and free wi-fi. Breakfast was very nice with biscuits and gravy, waffle maker, pastries, bagels, cereal, juices and coffee/tea. Room was clean. It was what I'd expect from a Comfort Inn for $55.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Petersburg? Share your experiences!