“Perfect Stop” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Petersburg
Tampa, Florida
“Perfect Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I am happy I stayed here yesterday evening. The rooms were clean, good price and easily located. I will definitely stop here next time I'm traveling on my way to florida.

Room Tip: Easily off the interstate
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New Milford, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

When we checked in, I noticed a sign that said refunds would only be given for 15 minutes. This should have been a warning. We left the lobby and got to our room, which was quite dirty and smelly - par for the course, from what's here. We went back to the lobby and asked for a refund, only to be told that we had been checked in for 25 minutes - a lie. When my wife pointed out that we had just left the lobby, we we told that we were lying and not curteous. This opened the floodgates on our anger, and even presenting my credit card receipt did not convince the manager. Finally, the maintenance guy agreed that is was dirty, and we got the refund. While waiting for the maintenance guy to get back, another couple came in and said they had no power in their room -€gain, typical.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!

• Stayed June 2012
Grantsville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Keep driving! If it weren't that we had two very tired grandsons, we would have left. I would not recommend this filthy place!

• Stayed June 2012
West New York, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I was traveling to our condo in florida for spring break with my kids. This place is good for its REASONABLE price. It didn't have breakfast, but the clerked explained to us they priced $10 cheaper to compensate so we could get breakfast on the road. If your looking for a fancy hotel with all the gilts and glamor, this isn't it. this is just a good place to spend the night shower and his the road. its location is great.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Petersburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

On March 24, 2012, I rented the conference center for a special event. The management was very helpful in providing assistance. The conference center is spacious with elegant design. The rent was reasonable and I was overall pleased.

J. N. M.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Poughkeepsie, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I drove some 750 miles from FLA. to get here.... After signing in, I went to the hallway to get to this " prison cell".....ceiling was falling down in the hallways, which was about 6 inches from the top of my head.....I didn't even get into the room when I saw my first roach...That said, I went straight back to "levi" ( black, hmmm ), and demanded my money back. He refused, and I left for the Days Inn across the street ( only a half of a dump )... I would not stay in the AREA even if you paid me, again.....

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Wheeling, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Horrible place to stay. Room was dirty, air did not work well at all, tv was broke(sound but no pic)uncomfortable beds, next to nothing pillows, business center is a joke with no working internet and broken printer-useless, the restaurant is closed, no breakfast even though it is stated on the website. front desk staff was friendly. not their fault the place is a dump

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Petersburg? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn Petersburg

Address: 12205 South Crater Road, Petersburg, VA 23805
Location: United States > Virginia > Petersburg
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Petersburg
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn Petersburg 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Petersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn Petersburg Hotel Petersburg
Howard Johnson Hotel Petersburg
Petersburg Howard Johnson
Howard Johnson Petersburg

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Inn Petersburg, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.