“Stay Away!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 27 hotels in Brownsville
Ontario
“Stay Away!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Room was very musty, meaning a/c had to be turned on high to try to alleviate the smell; the phone did not work at all (no dial tone);we had to ask for toilet paper as there was NONE in the room and no kleenex. If it were not already late, we would definitely be going somewhere else. I guess you get what you pay for...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rose G, General Manager at Texas Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
I am really sorry for what you had to go through, but please give us another chance to prove you that we can do lot better and make your trip more enjoyable.

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
McAllen, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Be very careful with your credit cards you pay at Rose Garden Inn. They will continue charging your credit card after months of checking out. DO NOT STAY AT THIS INN!!!! BE AWARE! Take the next hotel and pay with check or cash....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rose G, Manager at Texas Inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
I am really sorry to hear that, but there might be an misunderstanding.
May I ask you did you try to contact us regarding why was the card charged or when? I would love to fix this problem for you please let me know

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The Rose Garden was very nice for not having any reservation. I found it to be clean and comfortable. It had everything I needed for the weekend...bed, lite breakfast, laundry room and near the places I needed to go. I, also, found it would be good for doing business in Brownsville with the Texas Workforce Commission, South Texas Behavioral Health and other Training and Educational Sites and Institutions including BISD and the University of Texas.

Room Tip: Coffee Served 24/7...ground floor near the Roses!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Rose G, Manager at Texas Inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your feed back and for letting us provide you with our hospitality. Hope to see you back.
Victoria, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I stayed this weekend and got 800.00 dollars stolen by the housekeeper lady will reveal her name later... She accepted she had my daughters Ipod, filed police report, another housekeeping ladey literally abused me verbally, will sue this place and will make them refund me what they stold....If I was you I would not stay there.....I have proof of eveything, tried to talk to the manager but he is a rude man who does not care at all.....police took Ipod away from lady, but still there are 450.00 pending to get back......Not a good place to stay at all...Have pictures of lady but will reveal later that way everyone can see who she is...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

... idk what room the people who rave about this place had... our bed was so saggy/creaky, our cable didnt work and they wouldnt fix it, so i had too, our room didnt get touched by hk the entire 5 days.. we had to ask for towels i asked at 9, it was 1130 still no towels.. the room smelled disgusting.. on the bright side the breakfast was good, and the pool looked clean enough (when you hear that this is close enough to south padre, dont stay, just stay on spi)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Sturgis, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

We booked our reservations online based on the pictures on the website. I by no means was expecting a 4 star hotel, but when we arrived and checked in the rooms were no where near what was depicted. Our room was unmade, with shopping bags stacked up in the room. I went back to the office, they switched our room to a room with carpet that was stained, the room smelled bad, the air conditioner was blowing warm air, and was set at the coolest setting possible. We returned to the office, had the charges reversed on our credit card and departed. This is not a place I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2009

I tried booking thru their website. But at the same time I was shopping other hotels in the area. When I went back to book the rate, it said my session had exceeded 30 mins and to start search over. I did. My browser was accepting cookies. But every time I did the room search over, it kept saying my session had expired. (I am very computer savvy - the fault was not at my end and I had no prob like this on other hotel sites)
Want to stay here? Call. Don't use their website...unless you book quick!

Stayed January 2009, traveled with family

Been to Texas Inn? Share your experiences!