“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 26 hotels in Brownsville
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I stayed in this Motel for three nights. I am from London and I felt so welcomed by the staff. Hotel is so quite and have a very good rooms. Room was clean and had a good AC and good parking space for my rental car.Staff was very helpful in giving us a directions for all attaraction for padre Island. I will recommend this to all my friends and familly.I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

Yes we did save a lot...but beware, you get what you pay for. The good, very quiet. Wingstop, KFC, Whataburger,CVS Pharmacy, Walmart are all within walking distance. Its located on Padre Island road. Its about 20 minute drive to Padre Island. Pull out of the parking lot make a right and follow the road to Padre. The bad, takes a while for the a.c. to cool and also the fridge...a few hours...I dont lie. So drive to padre , explore the area by the time you get back it should be cold, very cold. Towels...like sand paper, bring your own. If you're looking to save I would recommend it. There is a tiny pool for kids. The parking lot is very bright, we felt our car was safe. All the rooms face the parking lot The owner's are really nice..if they would just upgrade the beds, and towels. Our room was cleaned every day. Now that I know what to expect, I would stay here again. I'll remember to bring some tylenol p.m. or something to make me sleep. We checked in on Friday and checked out Monday. $20 per adult per night. 4 of us. I hope this review helps. FYI DO NOT EAT AT THE KFC!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

Stayed overnight on trip down coast. Staff friendly and helpful. Room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Showing it's age a little but had everything I needed. Very peaceful area, but near a number of places to eat. I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

No, it is not fancy - but the bed was comfy and the shower was good and the AC worked fine. The location was perfect for us - near the airport and near Sabal Palm Sanctuary.

• Liked — The location, easy check-in
  • Disliked — Breakfast was boring
  • Stayed March 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2005

New motel 20 minutes from the beach...got to stay 3 more days on spring break with the money we saved. Nice people. Nice rooms. No hassels. Just a short drive saved us hundreds of $$.

Gonna stay there next year. Ideal for budget minded. Better rooms than many in our group had on the island.

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Palace Inn Motel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Palace Inn Motel

Palace Hotel
Palace Hotel Brownsville
Address: 7364 Padre Island Highway, Brownsville, TX 78521
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Brownsville
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #21 of 26 hotels in Brownsville
Hotel Class:2 star — Palace Inn Motel 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Palace Inn Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Palace Inn Motel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.