“Very Comfortable Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5051 North Expressway, Brownsville, TX 78520   |
Ranked #2 of 27 hotels in Brownsville
“Very Comfortable Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is the place to stay when visiting Brownsville.

The rooms is well equipped, The pool is really great and private and the proximity to shopping is awesome! Breakfast was also very good.

Great service and staff!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed at the La Quinta Inn in Brownsville North on Aug. 16, to Aug 19, 2013. Stayed in room 213.The stay was very pleasant if it were not for your front desk reservationist. She was very accommodating and extremely helpful. Her personality was made me want to come back again.

Many Inn's don't seem to keep the good help and many times I find I have to deal with new personnel upon my return visits, as I do visit Brownsville frequently and have been your guest on these occasions. I hope management has notice that they have a gem with the reservationist "Mirna" is a gem and an asset to your organization.

I hope she will be there when I return in a month. A very pleasant person.

Harry Swift Guest

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My sister and I were traveling with her 3 small kids along with my elderly parents with my mom being partially handicapped , from Houston to Brownsville. After a long day of visiting with family, we got back to the hotel only to find no handicapped parking spaces left. Also, sharing the room with my sister and her kids, there were not enough bath towels to go around for 2 adults and 3 kids. My parents were in a seperate room across the hall which they found very comfortable. Other than that, the room was fairly clean as well as the bathrooms..we had a microwave and small fridge in our room which worked out great with small kids. The only other thing was that the ice machine at the end of the hall was out of ice at about 11 am. so we could not fill our ice buckets.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

very clean , GM working front desk and was very helpful pleasant personality and the hotel was excellent from pool to a very nice social hour . there was fresh fruit at front desk and the local paper and the usa today newspaper .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Dallas, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed here during my last day at La Quinta Inn at South Padre Island. I have to say that the hotel is nice and it smelled so good when you walked in. The had lemoade and apples for you and the next morning they also had homemade cookies for the guest. The breakfast was good and the hospitaliity was awesome. The room was nice and clean they only problem we had is that they did not have enough towels for the guest. But they wer nice and friendly and just great. If I had known I would have cancelled my reservation at South Padre and drove to Brownsville and stay instead ans pay four times less thant I did out there at thay horrible place in South Padre ISaland . I would recommend and I got my company discount at Brownsville no trouble at all.

Room Tip: The hotel is not really that far to South Padre Island as long if you do not mind driving. I would s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Outstanding property. The Casino Night(s) and free beer/coke are a great relaxation after a long work day. I travel extensively and stay only at La Quinta (if there is one in the area). This particular hotel is really excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed one night on business and had a nice time. The staff and management was very helpful and friendly. The hotel is almost brand new and everything is very nice. The next time I am down there either on business or pleasure I will certainly stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Brownsville North? Share your experiences!