“Preferred over Denny's” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 292 Restaurants in Brownsville
Cuisines: American
“Preferred over Denny's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Only because I like crepes. The food is prepared good and the taste is good. Too many young kids hangout there and keep the place noisy. Service was good, restroom need cleaning.

Visited June 2013

Corpus Christi
“IHOP Brownsville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The morning of our 30th anniversarey we headed to IHOP down the road(we had been to Mi Pueblito in Brownsville-a favorite of ours in Matamoros,Mexico for years-the night before for mediocre food at high prices-which we will discuss later).At any rate,the IHOP was jammed with customers and we got a table for two in about 2 minutes.Our order was taken and served perfectly-in a packed house-in about 5 minutes.I was impressed to the max with everything.The waitress,although overwhelmed,was prompt and attentive.Can't recommend this place enough.If you are in Brownsville-go there

Visited May 2013
Brownsville
“Best service ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I went to IHOP in Brownsville for our weekly date because of the cheery bright ambiance. I was surprised to find a large menu with mouth-watering selections. I was also surprised to find the prices very reasonable. But, I was most surprised by our server. He was friendly, helpful, attentive, but not intrusive. When our Country Grain paincakes were not the best, he offered to replace them with the cinnamon pancakes for no charge, and, the cinnamon pancakes were out of this world. I gave this expereince five stars!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
2,169 helpful votes 2,169 helpful votes
“Not one of their best...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Had breakfast here Friday, 12/28/2012. Service was very slow. My order of eggs, hash browns, bacon and toast was disappointing. Food was cold, the hash browns were over cooked and uneatable (sent them back and fresh order was almost as bad). IHOP serves their coffee in a carafe and the one we received was only enough for 2 cups and luke warm. I suspect left over from a previous order. My guest had a ham omelet with pancakes which was also served warm and the pancakes were cold. The restaurant could use some cleaning as well. Perhaps I visited on one of their bad days, but I certainly will not return to this one.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Breakfast All Day!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Short stack with choices of syrups and flavors and meat on the side....a cup of coffee or a glass of OJ and the Table is Set. Enjoy!!! and take your time...we will.

Visited July 2012