“Beach front comfort!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Del Sol

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corpus Christi
Villa Del Sol
You added Villa Del Sol to your Saves list
3938 Surfside Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78402   |
Rosenberg, Texas
“Beach front comfort!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

My daughter, her best friend and I booked a stay a the Villa Del Sol for a "pre boot camp" getaway. We booked through a small company that represents several condo owners, and I couldn't have been more pleased.
Upon arrival at the condo complex (which we recognized from online photos) we were directed by security to park under the overhang near the front lobby. The staff at the office were very nice, and the office also included a small shop selling beach-y items, minor groceries, and cleaning supplies, and brochures on local information. We were there a little early, but there was no problem getting our parking pass and gate keys, along with a map of the complex, and directions to our condo. There was plenty of parking, we were able to park near the elevators, protected under the building, and the gated security made us feel even better. We were able to grab one of the luggage carts to unload the car. The elevator made being on the 3rd floor not much of an issue.
The complex is in the middle of a major renovation, so we did have a view of a dumpster from our balcony, but we were able to look past that, and see the bay from the balcony, and moved our dining table to be able to enjoy the view. From what we could see, all the condos have a view of the water, with (obviously) the beachfront units having unobstructed views. Either they weren't working around our building (there are 3 separate buildings, 3 floors each) or they are very quiet, noise was not an issue!
We had a little trouble figuring out how to open the safety latches to the pools. And tho it was May and already hot, we used the heated pool (I will admit to being a wimp when it comes to swimming in cooler water). The pools were spotless. The gated entrance to the beach was nice, requiring use of your gate key to return into the complex, and there were fresh water showers to get the "beach" off you before returning to "your" condo. We even found that there is a restoom just inside the gates, so we didn't have to head back up to the condo to use "the facilities". There were a number of bbq areas inside the complex , washer & dryers on each floor, and ice machines by the elevators. By the elevators downstairs I noticed that there were soda and snack machines. There were large trashcans on the walkways to the condos, that seemed to emptied on a regular basis.
The complex is right on the bay front, with a nice beach. It was very windy when we were there, which made for some nice waves. My daughter & her friend went to the lobby office where they were able to rent a boogie board for the afternoon, that was nice. There is a paved walkway along the waterfront that takes you down to the USS Lexington, the Texas State Aquarium, and some shops and restaurants. We toured both the Lady Lex, and the Aquarium, and had a good time. During the summer there is also a waterfront shuttle that takes you across the channel into Corpus Christi proper, they have a website with the hours.
Our condo was as advertised on the website, with 1 bedroom, 2 bunkbeds built in the wall in the hallway, and a sleep-sofa in the living room/kitchen area. There was a bathroom, with a tub/shower, with a cabinet & a medicine chest. We had plenty of towels, and plenty of linens for the beds. There were ceiling fans in the bedroom and the living room/kitchen area. The balcony ran the width of the condo, with a large slider door/window with the nice view of the bay. We spent some time watching the ships go by into the harbor. Our condo was clean, and well equipped, with a stove with an oven, tall fridge, pots & pans, knives, cutlery, glasses, a microwave, toaster and coffee pot. There was a TV with a vcr, and a fairly decent cable line up. The condo we had rented had not been updated (according to the website), but it was nice, with linoleum in the hall and bathroom, parquet wood in the kitchen area, and carpet (looked new to me!) in the bedroom and living area. There was a cute little counter area with stools in the kitchen, and a dining table & chairs, and the living room had a day bed with a trundle and a nice recliner (where I found it necessary to take a nap). We were quite pleased with the unit. I guess one has to remember that each unit is individually owned, and some are rented by a management group, and some by the condominium complex itself. We were able to get on the internet with our wireless card, but the condo did NOT advertise internet or phone, apparently some of the units do offer internet, but we didn't have a problem with that at all.
The beach was clean. In the area (north beach) were some restaurants, and a Whataburger, gas stations, and other hotels. I grew up in a beach/resort community. Large (okay, huge) roaches can be an issue. You are right on the water, and the palm trees and other vegetation seem to attract them, as does the humidity, and damp. I admit, infestation is bad, but the occasional bug is to be expected.
We had a great trip, and I've already booked another stay at the Villas. Heck, if I had the money, I'd buy one of them!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Keller, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I consider the villa del sol breath taking in like almost having a heartattack. There were rotting wood,floors falling thru,room smelled very moldy,balcony was old plywood that was rotting,electrical wires from plug outlet hanging out. The complex is a gated one, which you would assume would be a great thing.. WRONG... In order for the gate to work you had to jump the fence and activate the gate with you movement because the gate key didn't work. Then when we would complain to the front desk, they gave us multiple keys which NONE OF THEM WORKED. If you have young children do NOT stay here. Its a parents worst nightmare. DO NOT STAY HERE, not what it seems online AT ALL....

Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

OMG!!! Run the other way!!! I took my two adult daughters and two grandsons to Corpus Christi because I wanted them to have a wonderful beach experience at a beachfront hotel, especially since it was my grandsons first experience at the beach. When we arrived at the condo and turned on the lights, there was a roach convention going on. I had to call and have someone come up immediately to spray. We were afraid that we were going to be carried out of there without the Intervention. Although I was told that there was construction going on, the elevator was hot and it took an unreasonable time to get from floor to floor; huge tree-sized roaches were present on the grounds as well. There was absolutely NO Internet service! I was told that if I came up to the front office I might could catch a signal. I ended up going far east near the bbq pit area and found a signal for about 2 seconds and lost it. If you want clean, modern and technology, this is NOT the place. The hot tub wasn't working either.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Villa Del Sol for our anniversary. We used a booking agent who was not entirely truthful with us. In other words, he booked us a room that was in need of some work, which he did not disclose to us. Upon our arrival I was extremely unhappy and felt like it had been misrepresented. I got right on the phone and called the owner direct and explained our dissatisfaction to her. Elaine was wonderful and come to find out...she had been upfront with the booking agent about the room the whole time. None of this was her fault. Right away, Elaine sent a very nice man over to show us what rooms she had available and we were allowed to choose from them. We ended up getting an absolutely charming condo, that was beautifully decorated and very clean. Elaine went above and beyond so that we would be pleased even though it was not her fault. I would definitely recommend using Elaine's Condos for your next trip to Corpus Christi. Take it from me, she actually does care about her customers, and that is rare in today's world. She turned a very bad beginning into the perfect anniversary.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

My Wife, three children (9,10,11), and I went to Villa Del Sol #1130. We felt that $89/night was a great deal for a view of the beach. The outward appearance was nice and the location perfect for us. Once inside, I was disappointed. The place was filthy and appointed with worn out furniture, beds, and bedding (our top sheet on our full size bed had holes in it.) My wife pointed out that my feet were black when I sat down on the nasty futon for a cup of coffee the first morning. The full size bed was pushed partly into what had been the closet so there was not alot of space. The mold in the bathroom was unbelievable. It was all over the ceiling and shower. There was 1/2 " of dust around the door frame. I let the owner know and she said it would be ok to mop. My wife spent 2 hours cleaning the entire place.

Okc, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

We stayed here this past week for spring break. I rented from Elaine and the condo was great. It had all new paint, everything we needed for our stay, and it had a new flatscreen TV. My family had a great trip and I think that the condo had a lot to do with it. I did see that they are updating the exterior and that is always a plus. The pool was heated and that was a great big plus, since my kids wanted to swim a lot and it is still chilly outside. I would recommend renting from Elainescondos.com, if you decide to stay there. Oh and the location was perfect.

Corpus Christi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

Villa del Sol was recommended to me by a friend, we arrived on Thursday (3/19) and spoke to Elaine to get us situated in a room she was very quick to accomodate us in a condo with a breathtaking view. The night was beautiful, the pool was heated and the hot tub was relaxing. We took a walk on the beach and felt very safe, Villa del Sol is a gated community with easy access to the beachfront. My family and I enjoyed our stay so much we decided to not to drive to South Padre Island and continue our stay at Villa del Sol. I called Elaine on Friday morning and without reservation she gave my family and I great rates for the weekend stay. If you have not stayed at Villa del Sol, call Elaine and let her show you how you can enjoy a memorable beachfront vacation for a reasonable rate. Great restaurants, late night eatery, convenience stores and attractions all just down the road!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Villa Del Sol? Share your experiences!