“AWFUL!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Del Sol

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corpus Christi
Villa Del Sol
You added Villa Del Sol to your Saves list
3938 Surfside Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78402   |
“AWFUL!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2004

We were just there for the Memorial Day weekend trip. I read some of these reviews and was a bit nervous about staying there, but thought we would give it a try! We should have listened to the bad reviews! We arrived Friday and we were very disappointed in the whole islands, it was very run down. The Radisson and this place were the nicest on the beach!! We got there early (2 hours before check-in) and they were nice enough to let us check in and not charge us the extra day. We went up to the room and as we are walking up the stairs there are roaches all over and not just little ones, big ones!! My husband convinced me to go to the room. We are actually surprised at how nice it was from the first glance. It was clean for the most part (Pergo floors newly painted walls and nice furniture) and no bugs in the room, which is a good thing. We brought up all our bags and got unpacked. We went out on our balcony which overlooked the beach and noticed the railing was made of the plastic railing and was very wobbly!!! I would not let my kids out there for fear of them falling over if the fell or leaned on it too much. Turned the TV on and only got a few channels and most were fuzzy. Went to the beach, it is a public beach and there was a lot of riff raff there and trash on the beach. There were beer bottles and cans around and we usually saw clothes left on the beach from the night before. We did not see the pools so could not comment on them. We ended up sleeping on the pull out sofa in the living room because the bedroom bed was very hard and there is a window that looks outside had a security light on all night a was very bright in the room at night and made it hard to sleep. As we stayed there the roaches started coming into the room, as I was going to the bathroom a roach run across the floor the last night we were there and the stove was not clean and there were bug in there. We also had something stolen there, we left our water socks outside our room to dry off from the beach went to dinner and when we came back they were stolen!!! We did not feel safe there, even though it was gated parking, cars would follow you in before the gate had closed and they rented out party room for the day and lots of people came in the parking area for that. We also had our car broken into at the local Joe’s Crab Shack and a few things stolen so all in all it was not a great visit! I would not recommend this hotel or this beach for a family vacation. We saw hookers doing their thing and many other things that I was glad my 2 kids did not see! Go somewhere else for a family vacation, even if it means spending a little more!! It will be worth it!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2004

We've stayed here many times and have been very pleased. I was shocked by some of the bad reviews, but I guess that people who have a bad experience are more likely to post a review. I have stayed at Villa del Sol at least 10 times in the past 15 years and have never seen any bugs or felt that the rooms were dirty or dangerous. The grounds are beautiful, the prices are reasonable, and the room comfortably sleeps 6 (the kids sleep in bunkbeds in a hall).

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2004

Every summer my family stays at Villas del Sol and it's great. It is so comfortable and affordable. It has a great view, pool, and the rooms fit everyone. We will be back this coming summer!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2004

My stay at the Villa Del Sol was great; the view was terrific. I could see the Corpus Christie lights, bridge, see/hear the ocean waves. I loved sitting on the patio, so quiet and beautiful.The gated cummunity and security (on location) made me feel safe. The only draw back was the halls (leading to the rooms) is in need update, other than that my stay was very relaxing.

Mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2004

Best value on the beach. I understand that the suites are privately owned. Some owners don't take care of their Suites. So I am sure some visitors get bad accomodations. I suggest calling the front desk ********** and asking for a recently updated beach front unit. The view is the best and you can hear the waves crashing on the beach. The unit I had was updated with hard wood floors and really cute. I will be back we absolutely feel it is the best place for our money!

Been to Villa Del Sol? Share your experiences!