“Elaine was the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Del Sol

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corpus Christi
Villa Del Sol
You added Villa Del Sol to your Saves list
3938 Surfside Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78402   |
San Antonio
“Elaine was the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

My family and I were vacationing in Corpus to ease our minds off bad news in our family. We were hesitant to book at Villa Del Sol because of the mixed reviews but decided to go with Elaine. She was great. She was sympathetic and worked with us in getting our days booked. We had to keep changing days due to schedules but she was very nice and worked with us. We told her about our hesitations and she was very honest with us about what to expect from the complex. We had no bad surprises. We were just surprised at the great room and service. We stayed in 1211 and just loved it. I would defenitley recommend calling Elaine to book a condo at Villa Del Sol. She's great. I don't know how people can say anything negative about her. I will give her a call next time we want to come down.

Room Tip: Pick one of Elaine's rooms.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I had stayed for six months due to the location of his new job. The condos we stayed in where great and all the amenities where great as well. We had been renting monthly and where treated well up until my husband got laid off three days after paying rent. We live ten hours away so naturally, we wanted to leave ASAP and kindly asked Elaine that if there was something that we could arrange in terms of getting some kind of refund and she was extremely rude to my husband and kept asking why and complaining about how we should have told her in advance. Who would have known that he was going to get laid off? She took it very personal and just repeated herself over and over. She told us that she would keep us informed but she never did and instead, we had to call her and she always turned things around and made excuses. I would have thought that she would have treated us better and help us out in this unfortunate situation since we had been loyal customers for 6 straight months. Pretty shady and very disappointed. We are still waiting for some kind of refund.

• Stayed June 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Terrible place to stay; it's tiny: basically just a hallway with a bedroom the size of a large closet. Shower had mold growing in it. The owner had the thermostat locked at 79 degrees, making it brutally hot inside. This place is very run down and low class. We even witnessed a covert "transaction" in the parking lot late one night as we watched from the balcony. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: try someplace else
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

We stayed at the Villa Del Sol for a week b/c of a death in our family so we didnt arrive in the best of spirits. We needed somewhere relaxing without doors banging and people coming in at odd hours so we could rest and tend to what was important. The Villa we stayed at was perfect for this and overlooked the water so we could sit on the back porch and relax. My husband and I are travelers and we stay at nice hotels often but not too many condos so my review should be summed up as this: a condo is a personal space so there are several differnt styles, decors, etc depending upon the owner. I am always cautious to rent condos and go for hotels but now I will lean this direction as our experience was a homey type feeling away from home versus the in and out traffic of a hotel. Thanks also to Texas Coastal Vacations for the easy booking. We had a nice getaway despite our hectic reasoning for travel. As far as issues with the rooms I read about, there is a front desk when you enter that you call for complaints, etc. I don't see why a re-location couldn't be done if you did end up in a less than satisfactory space. Happy Traveling.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
san antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Me and my family stayed at this location 10-27-11 thru 10-30-11 in room 1201 and was more than I expcted.This room is privately owned but very well maintained.Very clean room sleeps up to 6 people and nice full kitchen with a good size fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and pots and dishes.This room also had nice ceramic tile with a 42 inch flat screen tv wich made this room even better. The view in the room was breath taking it faces the ocean directly and you could also see the the Lexington from this baclony. The location was great right on the beach did not have to drive any where. There are some resturants and gift shops all with in walking distance. The Lexington and Texas State Aquriam are also with in walking distance from this condo. We decided to head to downtown Corpus and to my surprise there is aslo a ferry that takes you roundtrip to downtown and back so see what I mean when I say dont really need to drive anywhere. So if your looking for your next stay look for Elaines Condos at Villa Del Sol.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Baytown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

My family and I stayed there at the Villa Del Sol. We had a wonderful time, the room we stayed in was own by a private owner. great room very clean well maintaned we can't wait to visit Corpus Christi again to stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Great room Cheaper then at Hotel..
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Calvert, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Our family needed rest so we decided to take a vacation we stayed at the villa del sol in condo number 3237 and even from the begining we had a problem,we had to punch in a code to open the room and the owner didn't give us the code, key problems etc..We thought our troubles were over there but then when we decided to go to bed the sheets smelled digusting and were stained, none of us wanted to be there. Nasty, I whould have to say I have never been in a terrible hotel and this being my first time in a condo we had a very bad experience, bathroom shower door has green/black mold and OMG, the bed sleeper had a spring missing and it was all jacked up, OMG, I just want to put this behind me they should just condemn these condos. They are old and nasty, smell bad. Please take my advise DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE, low life people rent and it's nice for them.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Villa Del Sol? Share your experiences!