“Don't do it !” 2 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   601 N Water St, Corpus Christi, TX 78401   |
Ranked #64 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“Don't do it !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

First I don't know how this hotel is allowed to be in business. You will find out the hard way if you stay here. I'm no rich and I'm not a snobbish person and can adapy to any environment but this place is nasty and smell pretty bad. I was afraid to touch the comforter or smell the sheets. We had to go buy a candle for the second day stay. The smell when you walk in the hotel and the smell in the elevators was so bad. The halls have no ventilation at all. No Refunds because I booked online. Would i come back Hell to the No ! Nasty nasty and smells real bad but if you stay find out for yourself. Don't say I warned you !

• Stayed June 2014
MrDonJones, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
We also thank you for your review, and note the common stay dates and issues reported as the above reviewer. We apologize for any discomfort our city's major employers might have caused you, and we implore you to visit us again in the near future

We rely upon these refineries to provide good jobs and affordable gasoline not just for here in Corpus Christi but across the country. If you drove a petroleum-fueled car to Corpus Christi to enjoy the beaches and sun, or if you use products derived from petrochemicals, or if you flew in using a non-solar-powered aircraft (even hot air balloons require fuel) you are enjoying the products these smelly factories make available to us. Many Liberals and Californians tend to complain about the providers of these modern necessities while enjoying their products.

The atmospheric inversions that trap the smelly fumes near the ground are not common throughout the year, and most occur in the time period during which you stayed. It is very likely that smoking whether in our rooms or elsewhere, is a much greater health risk than the tiny traces of carbon that sometimes waft over downtown.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

First they cancelled our reservation(despite the fact that I got a confirmation e-mail from them) because "my credit card was declined"....turned out to be an error on their behalf which was only fixed after I argued with the manager. Somehow they ran the same exact credit card and VOILA! room booked. We had the ECONO room which I expected to be old and crusty...which was fine. But I expect the small things. Upon walking into the bathroom it looked like a sasquatch had stayed previous to us - long black hair all over the floor, sink, and shower. Awesome. Whatever, it's just a group of guys spending the night, we didn't care as much as a regular customer would. Well, let's go get some ice...nope, ice machine doesn't work. Awesome. Here are the PROS: 1) Once the AC was given three hours to combat the internal Hotel temperature which was around 90, it actually cooled the room. 2) It didn't smell too much worse than the Offshore boat we had been on for the past 12 hours. 3) You can fart in the room and no one will notice. We spent $200 on the Econo room....do yourself this favor - spend an extra $100 and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: 2nd floor econop rooms have a spectacular view of the parking lot...it's probably for the best s...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to compose this witty and hilarious review of our accommodations. It is likely many of our future guests will enjoy touring the hotel in order to try to relive your experience . We apologize for the sub-satisfactory cleaning of the bathroom, nf for future guests, please let us know as soon as possible when you encounter a similar issue and our crack housekeeping team will have you smiling in no time.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We only stayed at this hotel because we were visiting Corpus Christi for my sister's birthday weekend. It turned out being a wonderful experience, the staff was very friendly, fun and outgoing. The view of the bay was a great view and the beds were very comfortable. All in all we had a great time with no complaints!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dee Dee P, General Manager at Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. We do appreciate your honesty and hope that when you return to Corpus Christi, Texas, you do stay with us again. When and if that were to occur, please contact me directily, via email, so that I may personally take care of your accommodations. We also hope that your sister had a very happy birthday!

Again, thank you for choosing the Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Corpus Christi for the first time and we stayed at the Corpus Christi Bayfront hotel everyone was very helpful. The staff was very nice and very professional the room was great the service was even better whatever we asked we received with no questions and no wait it was very clean and we had a beautiful view.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. We do appreciate you honesty and hope that when you return to Corpus Christi, Texas, you stay with us again. When and if that were to occur, please contact me directily via email so that I may personally take care of your accommodations.

Baytown, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I would not wish a stay at this hotel on my worst enemy! The night "manager" on duty was extremely rude!!! She threatened to call the cops on me because I said she was rude. She also blamed me for all the problems stating that it was "all my fault since I booked a cheap room!" Tried to speak to the manager while I was there, but she was busy. Although, I do have to say that she did respond to my email in a timely manner, but only offered to speak to the manager about her actions and that if I stayed again she would arrange my stay for me (getting a full refund would be nicer!). I will not be back here!

Room was definitely outdated and worn out looking. WiFi took an hour to get working, took forever to get checked in, a/c didn't work when we first checked in (maintenance did come put in a new unit), breakfast was very simple, and ridiculous that you have to pay 6.50 a day for their parking.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your review. I do believe all of these issues were resolved in a timely manner and we do apologize for any inconvenience that may have occurred during your stay. During your stay, if you would have reported the issues with your sleeping room, we would have gladly taken care of you immediately. WIFI is complimentary and when we do have a full house, sometimes it may slow down due to all of the activity around the downtown area. Although we do not give refunds, if and when you ever choose to come back and stay with us, I can assure you that you will be accommodated accordingly and respectfully. Please contact me directly via email.

Again, thank you for choosing the Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront and we look forward to you visiting us again in the near future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Well where do I start. ...old hotel that has not been maintained.  First the smell. It would alternate between sewage and dirty mop water. The air quality is terrible.  I have had a stuffy nose and head, but only after being in the room for a while. Once I leave to go do other stuff around town I start to feel better.  Now for our room. The Bayside king queen suite.  This room was supposed to be a newly renovated room but I'm pretty sure it has not been renovated for at least 10 years. The door to the bathroom was rotting and coming apart at the bottom.  The bathroom tiles were coming away from the wall. There is no ventilation in the bathroom which causes the moisture from the shower to set on the walls and door causing that damage. Wall outlets were also rusty. The 2 sinks, 1 in the bathroom and 1 in the king room were in op because the faucet, which is the wrong one for this style of sink,  sits right on the edge on the fancy bowl sink and you cannot rinse your hands off after washing them without putting your hands directly onto the bowl so the water runs over them.  The bed was ok but on closer inspection,  we found mildew on 2 of the pillows but they had pillow cases on them trying to cover the mildew up. The decor is dated. And the crown molding was not put in right making the room look even more crappy. The television was a flat screen and it was ok but the cable was not very good.  There is supposed to be wifi but it was so slow when it was available and it was not available except for short periods of time. The lighting was not very good,  probably an attempt to hide the imperfections of the "renovation". Although there was some track lighting the aims directly onto the bed that is probably useful for any type of movie shoots you may be interested in filming.  Check in was terrible.  My wife made the reservation under her name but I arrived about 6 hours before her due to her work.  They told me that I could not check in until she arrived.  I had to track her down, she had to call back and change the reservation to include me, even though it was a reservation made for 2 kids and 2 adults.  After waiting around for a bit I was able to finally check in. Then I was told that the military discount they supposedly offer is not available for this weekend because of the big event the city is hosting. ..Beach to Bay Run. Oh yeah, if my family would like clean towels everyday,  like is common practice at practically ever hotel/motel around,  there would be a $10 charge. Also the continental breakfast is a joke, but the coffee shop near the lobby will be happy to help you for a reasonable price.

Now let me say, I have been all over the world.  I have stayed in many different places with service and quality of the stay being awesome to what the hell. But usually price reflects quality. If I decide to go cheap,  I expect cheap accommodations.  But when I pay almost $600 for a 2 night stay, I expect to be happy and comfortable to the point of not wanting to leave my room. The Corpus Christi Bayfront Hotel did not meet the standard for the price they charged.  I have never went online to rate anything but I feel like I have been screwed.  Unfortunately my wife did not check previous reviews for this hotel but she did check out their website which is very misleading with nice pics taken at flattering angles. Our fault for not doing better research.  Please don't throw your money away.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your time and feedback. We appreciate the effort our guests offer future travelers and we would like everyone to take a moment to review our hotel once they get home and are able to do so. The reviewer is kind and while it is true we have a lengthy list of improvements to make, the list of completed improvements is growing as the former steadily shrinks. This hotel laid in disrepair for years as the investment firm that held the deed sought an owner willing to make the investment of time and money that this owner has done and continues to do. There is no excuse for imperfection, but we are diligently moving forward to address the very issues you mention and to do even more. We are forced to work within the limits of time, money, and physics, and must prioritize these projects There are no rooms that are unsafe or truly beyond redemption. The future is very bright and we encourage you to check back in to see how your concerns have been addressed in the near future. Again, we do apologize for any inconvenience and do hope you give us a second chance. Please contact me directly next time you plan on traveling down to Corpus Christi. I would be more than happy to make your accommodations and make sure you are taken care of in the appropriate manner.
Fort Stockton, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

stayed 3-13-14 through 3-15-14 paid 560.00 for three night then 20.00 for parking then got over charged 171.00 talked to a guy named will, while I was still there he said that would get put back into my account ..never did so I call try to talk to a manager named Rebecca she wasn't in so they took my name and number, called back a couple of days later cause I never got a call back asked to talk to Rebecca they ask who I was and what I was calling for ....when I told them who I was and why I was calling they told me she wasn't in again !!! I then try to get the number for corporate the give me dee dee's e mail...

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dee Dee P, General Manager at Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your issue. As I recall, I believe this issue was resolved by the General Manager. So, we do hope that you do visit us again soon. You may contact me directly for your accommodations. Again, thank you for choosing the Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront.

Been to Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront? Share your experiences!