“Good Corpus Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Corpus Christi Hotel

You added Omni Corpus Christi Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 North Shoreline Boulevard, Corpus Christi, TX 78401   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #3 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Dallas, Texas
“Good Corpus Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

For Corpus Christi, this is a fine hotel with a great location on the bay front. It can get crowded and the elevator wait may be long at certain times, but overall it's a good place to stay if you're used to nicer big city hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The view was great, parking when not valet was awful, the texas restaurant had a great bar and staff but the quality for the price was poor. They couldnt keep up with the wet kids from the pool alot of wet spots on the floor. Kids running up and down the halls were a annoyance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Victoria, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I was very impressed with our stay at the Omni. We were there for a state swimming meet and the hotel was at FULL capacity. They kept things running smoothly for everyone that was there. We didn't book as early as some of the other team members, so their rate of $175 was much less than our $219 for the same size room. We did have a lovely room that had a balacony with a view of the bay. The beds were very comfy. The coastal decor was amazing.

Room Tip: As for a room overlooking the pool. If you do, then those rooms have a bay view from the balcony, w...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Odessa, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was teetering between 3 and 4 stars for this hotel and settled on 4. We stayed June 30-July 3, 2013 on a family vacation with mom, dad, and kids aged 5 and 7. I wish I could come up with a better description for the hotel, but the word which comes to mind is "fine." They had reasonable amenities and a nice breakfast buffet, and they were around the corner from a convenience store if you needed anything. The hotel staff didn't seem particularly interested in helping, and the room wasn't ready when the "loyalty ambassador" said it would be. Also, the "suite" we reserved was pretty cramped for the price we paid. That said, they have done a nice job with the hotel given the ravages of salt air. The valet was excellent, the hotel was clean, and it was across the street from the marina with a series of pleasant attractions. I am not dying to go back, but I would certainly be happy to do so if that is what worked out.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our family recently stayed at the Omni for a short vacation. We paid more than $300 a night for a suite and were expecting great things. It was not to be. The suite was nice, but seemed dated. Our room service order (breakfast) arrived with cold food and the food in the onsite restaurant (I think it is called the pavilion) was not much better. The pull-out bed on the couch was so uncomfortable, we ended up using an air mattress that we brought so our son could get a good night's sleep. We were excited about swimming in the pool based on the pictures on the website, but, once again, we were disappointed. It is much smaller than it looks and the water was freezing. The wonderful restaurant touted as the best in Corpus Christi (Republic of Texas) was overpriced and underwhelming, but that is another review. All in all, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Location is great downtown Corpus..with most rooms facing the water the Omni offers a great location for restaurants nearby and being able to walk or run along the boardwalk just across the street. I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The workout out room is very small but the machines we very clean. This hotel is very dated, but kept up nicely. The best part about the hotel is the bar on the top floor. Its has a beautiful view from a top and a great place to meet people. The hotel has a shuttle service that is not advertise. If its not to busy, just ask the bellmen nicely and they may take you to a nearby place for a small tip..but dont get mad if they say no..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had a great stay at the Omni in Corpus this week. As a business traveler, I really appreciate Omni amenities - free WiFi and morning coffee brought to the room for Select Guest members.
Comfortable beds, elegant decor and a secure parking garage.
What made this trip truly memorable was Jesse - one of the security personnel. When I arrived in my room, I discovered that the cap on the $4.00 in-room bottled water had been opened and, I assume, had been re-attached after the previous occupant had consumed the water and refilled the bottle with tap water. Ick.
I went to the gift shop to buy a new bottle and mentioned the problem to the gift shop attendant. Jesse overheard me and asked which room I was in. Later, after my workout, I returned to my room and found a bucket of ice with 3 complimentary bottles of water in it! Way to go Jesse - you went out of your way to help when you really didn't have to. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and excellent customer service!
I will be returning to the Omni on my next trip to Corpus.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Omni Corpus Christi Hotel? Share your experiences!