“Poor experience” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Corpus Christi Hotel

You added Omni Corpus Christi Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 North Shoreline Boulevard, Corpus Christi, TX 78401   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #3 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Dallas, Texas
“Poor experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I just spent a couple of days with my daughter here for spring break. Positives, had a corner room with a great view. Okay done with positives. First let me say for all I know this may be the best hotel in corpus as I have not stayed elsewhere. The popery itself just seemed tired.checkin was fast but considering not busy, not overly friendly. We ate in the glass pavilion for dinner. Food was average, at best. Were seated under A arctic blast of an air conditioning blast. Complained and was told they could not adjust. Did not offer to move us. Server was friendly but not overly professional. Attempted to eat breakfast here as well. Tried to order their waffles and was told they could not serve as the waffle machine had been broken. if i am running a hotel I have someone run over to target and get a new waffle maker. My daughter ordered the buffet, very average. I attempted to order the berry yogurt parfait and the server suggested that I go with the buffet for about the same price and all the components ( berries, yogurt, granola, were there for about the same price and I could enjoy other items as well. Okay makes sense so I said ok. Only problem was when I got to the buffet no berries. I returned to my seat to order something else but the server did nit return for 15 mins or so. My daughter was done, so no breakfast for me. She apologized and comped my daughters breakfast but damage was done. She did not know what was on the buffet and then never checked on us and we were about the only ones there. Lastly the following morning a staff member knocks on my door at 8:30 a.m. And wakes me up. I ask what they want and the reply is "what time will you be checking out". Really? Checkout is at noon you needed to wake me up to ask? I felt like everyone there was on some kind of work program. Not friendly, no smiles. I had to hunt down the valet to get my car to leave.
I do recommend a tour of the USS Lexington if you are there. Texas state Aquarium was pretty NICOLE as well but smaller than anticipated.

Room Tip: Corner was good view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Corpus Christi Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and provide us with feedback. We value your opinion and thank you for choosing to stay at the Omni Corpus Christi Hotel. We regret that your recent stay at our property was filled with so many disappointments and your comments have been passed along to our management team. This experience is not indicative to the level of service and attention to detail that we are known for and we do sincerely apologize for missing the mark during your stay with us. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is anything else that I may be of assistance with at ddelk@omnihotels.com and thank you again for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Monticello, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Have stayed at other Omni's and since this was a host for the first Navy Marathon thought, based on location, we should get it. Like all Omni rooms it was spacious, comfortable, and modern. Good views of the bay, bridge, and Lexington. Pool could have been bigger with our kids and the pool bar is only open on weekends (but not on the Sun we were there). Very nice hotel, if I have occasion to be back in Corpus Christi for meetings or an event, I will be back here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and your loyalty to Omni Hotels & Resorts! We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we look forward to seeing you back soon.
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here for 8 nights in a Junior Suite and had a wonderful stay. The Junior Suite was just the right size for two people. We had a beautiful view of the Bay and the Lexington from our room on the 11th floor. There was a good size living room area with a sofa and chair and flat screen TV as well as a large computer desk area and then the bed was in a separate area with another flat screen TV. Although the bed was separate, in its own little area, it did not have any door to it so it was open between the living room and sound would carry from the living room area to where the bed was. We didn't find that any problem for us but some people might. Our room was a corner one and we had two small balconies.

We had signed up for the Omni select guest program which gave us free Wifi and also two free beverages delivered to our room each morning. Each night you filled out a form to leave outside on your room door handle and you could choose from coffee, orange juice or water, I think was the other option and you could also choose a time of the morning in which it would be delivered. You could either check to have them knock at that time and leave the beverages outside your room or you could have it delivered inside your room. This was a great service and we enjoyed getting our two cold glasses of orange juice each morning.

If you have a vehicle you can self-park for $10 or valet park for $15.

The Omni Bayfront is only moments away from the Seawall boardwalk which is a great place to walk along the water. There is a Marina close by (a 10-15 minute walk) where there is a restaurant called Landry's in a boathouse which serves very good food and about another 10 mins further along, there is a Joe's Crab Shack.

The concierge was always very helpful and friendly and we very much enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and welcome to the Omni Select Guest Loyalty Program! We are very pleased to hear you had such an amazing stay at the Omni Corpus Christi Hotel and that so many aspects of your experience were first rate. We definitely look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Mesquite, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel is the nicest I have visited in a long time. It is conveniently located near the American Bank Center (where our event was held), as well as being right across the street from the water. Along the water's edge, there is a wide sidewalk with gazebos every so often. We walked along the sidewalk to the entrance to the marina, where the Selena statue is located. When the wind picked up, we took a drive down Shoreline and saw some beautiful homes and scenery.
Inside the hotel, there are restaurants, a gift shop, and several luxurious seating areas. There were helpful employees every time we needed one (especially maid service ladies). Our room was very nice: two very clean comfy beds and a big chair perfect for catching a cat nap, and a very modern bathroom. Our balcony looked out over the bay.
All in all, we were very pleased with our whole stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Omni Corpus Christi. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay so much and your time in our city. We are glad you found the accommodations so luxurious and that our customer service left such a lasting impression. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when your travels bring you back to the Gulf Coast!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Ran the Inaugural Navy Marathon and booked with the Omni since they were one of the hosting hotels. The room had a great bayfront view. A very generous room, very clean and updated. The staff was friendly and very accomodating letting us check out late which helped with recovery. The Topsider Lounge had a great burger and cold beer with very attentive servers.
The Republic of Texas Steakhouse on the top floor was top notch!
Thanks for a great stay, we'll be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to post your positive feedback from your recent visit to our hotel and congratulations on running the inaugural Navy Marathon! We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed at this property with my daughter and grandchildren for 3 days. The hotel is lovely and I really enjoyed the view of the bay from my balcony. The most important thing that I observed was the great customer service from everyone I encountered from check-in through check-out. The valet parking staff, bell service, room service, restaurant services and housekeeping. Everyone was welcoming and helpful. This was a great home base for us to return to from the other places there that we visited. Thank you for everything you all did.
We will definitely return to see more area sights and will stay there when in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good view of the bay.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and for choosing the Omni Corpus Christi for Spring Break. We love hearing positive feedback about our staff and are very pleased to hear their genuine hospitality added to an already wonderful stay. We look forward to seeing you back soon!
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here for spring break 2013...this was by far the best hotel on the water! We were close to the Aquarium, the Lexington and were 20 minutes from Mustang Island. If I had one complaint, it is that we die not get our roll away bed when we asked for it, but other than that, it was great!

The rooms were beautiful, and do yourself a favor and ask for a room with a view if the water. That made all of the difference! What a beautiful way to wake up in the morning with a view of the water.

The food was pretty good in the hotel and they have a near Starbucks in the hotel gift shop too!

We will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that end in 56-60 to get a view of the ocean!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Corpus Christi Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to submit a review of your recent spring break stay. We are very pleased you found the location to be so ideal and amenities of our hotel so impressive. We appreciate your feedback and do hope to see you again soon!

Been to Omni Corpus Christi Hotel? Share your experiences!