“Spring Break in Corpus Christi at Omni Bayfront Hotel was great!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Corpus Christi Hotel

Save Saved
You added Omni Corpus Christi Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 North Shoreline Boulevard, Corpus Christi, TX 78401   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #3 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio, Texas
“Spring Break in Corpus Christi at Omni Bayfront Hotel was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed at this property with my daughter and grandchildren for 3 days. The hotel is lovely and I really enjoyed the view of the bay from my balcony. The most important thing that I observed was the great customer service from everyone I encountered from check-in through check-out. The valet parking staff, bell service, room service, restaurant services and housekeeping. Everyone was welcoming and helpful. This was a great home base for us to return to from the other places there that we visited. Thank you for everything you all did.
We will definitely return to see more area sights and will stay there when in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good view of the bay.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Corpus Christi Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your review and for choosing the Omni Corpus Christi for Spring Break. We love hearing positive feedback about our staff and are very pleased to hear their genuine hospitality added to an already wonderful stay. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here for spring break 2013...this was by far the best hotel on the water! We were close to the Aquarium, the Lexington and were 20 minutes from Mustang Island. If I had one complaint, it is that we die not get our roll away bed when we asked for it, but other than that, it was great!

The rooms were beautiful, and do yourself a favor and ask for a room with a view if the water. That made all of the difference! What a beautiful way to wake up in the morning with a view of the water.

The food was pretty good in the hotel and they have a near Starbucks in the hotel gift shop too!

We will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that end in 56-60 to get a view of the ocean!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Corpus Christi Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to submit a review of your recent spring break stay. We are very pleased you found the location to be so ideal and amenities of our hotel so impressive. We appreciate your feedback and do hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I would not stay here again you have to pay for parking, you have to pay for wifi ,that's ridiculous, for being an a OK hotel,you shouldn't have to pay for those things for the price you pay,I'm not saying its a bad hotel to stay at but why should a person have to pay for parking at the hotel you stay at and why do you have to pay for wifi in you room, but at the lobby you get it free.ridiculous! !!!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent stay. We do offer free wifi when you sign up for our Select Guest Program which only takes a few minutes and is complimentary. This program also includes many other perks so we do hope you consider it. We do also realize that parking in a downtown location can be difficult and we always work to ensure our pricing is fair and comparable to other downtown parking options. Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and we hope you will return soon!
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I would like to begin with saying I very rarely give a hotel a bad review. This hotel was a nightmare from a "lost reservation" on. We arrived after a six hour drive to a packed hotel. There was a high school conference. Apparently our reservation had been cancelled because they merged with a Holiday Inn. I was never contacted that my reservation was being cancelled. I was told there were NO rooms. I returned, upset, to our car. My husband looked on hotels.com and booked us a room. We walked back in and suddenly there was a room. We booked 2 queens. They put us in a king. I had already offered to pay for a suite but was told there were none available. They then moved us to a suite. It took 1 hour to get up the elevators and finally the bellman took us up the service elevator. We arrived in the suite. Mediocre decor at best. Again, very dated. We pulled out sofa for our teenage boys to find no sheets. I called for sheets. They never arrived. My boys slept under my jacket and one of theirs. The front desk was so rude. I never complain, but for $215 a night, my expectation is to have sheets included. My first and last experience with Omni.

Room Tip: There are great ocean views of Corpus Christ.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your feedback. We are very disappointed to hear that your stay was not enjoyable. The Marina Tower property is now a Holiday Inn but the Bayfront Tower remains an Omni so we would love the opportunity to speak with you in more detail about your stay and the specific property you visited. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at ddelk@omnihotels.com and I look forward to hearing from you.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We arrived early and they had no problem giving us a room before the scheduled check in time. Rooms were clean, comfortable and had a view of the Bay. Parking was convenient and problem free, although it is an extra cost, it is only $10.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking a moment to provide some feedback of your recent stay at our property. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

First, let me say this. This hotel is quite clean and the staff is very friendly with south Texas charm. I'd give four stars if this was my only consideration. The problem is that the hotel is aging and needs a renovation. Its not terrible but to carry an Omni flag, its probably time to get renovating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your feedback. We are very happy to hear the staff made such a lasting impression with their "Texas charm" but disappointed that the accommodations missed the mark. We do hope our level of service will bring you back to our property the next time you are in Corpus Christi.
Sherman, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I visited the Omni Bayfront for a business conference held in the same hotel. I could tell the hotel was a little older, but not for Omni's lack of trying. I thought the rooms were cozy, relaxing, clean, "beachy" and very comfortable. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The balcony view of the ocean and sea wall was gorgeous. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted to hear your experience was so wonderful and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Corpus Christi.

Been to Omni Corpus Christi Hotel? Share your experiences!