“Would not stay again!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Corpus Christi Hotel

You added Omni Corpus Christi Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 North Shoreline Boulevard, Corpus Christi, TX 78401   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #3 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“Would not stay again!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I would not stay here again you have to pay for parking, you have to pay for wifi ,that's ridiculous, for being an a OK hotel,you shouldn't have to pay for those things for the price you pay,I'm not saying its a bad hotel to stay at but why should a person have to pay for parking at the hotel you stay at and why do you have to pay for wifi in you room, but at the lobby you get it free.ridiculous! !!!

• Stayed March 2013
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Corpus Christi Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent stay. We do offer free wifi when you sign up for our Select Guest Program which only takes a few minutes and is complimentary. This program also includes many other perks so we do hope you consider it. We do also realize that parking in a downtown location can be difficult and we always work to ensure our pricing is fair and comparable to other downtown parking options. Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and we hope you will return soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I would like to begin with saying I very rarely give a hotel a bad review. This hotel was a nightmare from a "lost reservation" on. We arrived after a six hour drive to a packed hotel. There was a high school conference. Apparently our reservation had been cancelled because they merged with a Holiday Inn. I was never contacted that my reservation was being cancelled. I was told there were NO rooms. I returned, upset, to our car. My husband looked on hotels.com and booked us a room. We walked back in and suddenly there was a room. We booked 2 queens. They put us in a king. I had already offered to pay for a suite but was told there were none available. They then moved us to a suite. It took 1 hour to get up the elevators and finally the bellman took us up the service elevator. We arrived in the suite. Mediocre decor at best. Again, very dated. We pulled out sofa for our teenage boys to find no sheets. I called for sheets. They never arrived. My boys slept under my jacket and one of theirs. The front desk was so rude. I never complain, but for $215 a night, my expectation is to have sheets included. My first and last experience with Omni.

Room Tip: There are great ocean views of Corpus Christ.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your feedback. We are very disappointed to hear that your stay was not enjoyable. The Marina Tower property is now a Holiday Inn but the Bayfront Tower remains an Omni so we would love the opportunity to speak with you in more detail about your stay and the specific property you visited. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at ddelk@omnihotels.com and I look forward to hearing from you.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We arrived early and they had no problem giving us a room before the scheduled check in time. Rooms were clean, comfortable and had a view of the Bay. Parking was convenient and problem free, although it is an extra cost, it is only $10.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking a moment to provide some feedback of your recent stay at our property. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

First, let me say this. This hotel is quite clean and the staff is very friendly with south Texas charm. I'd give four stars if this was my only consideration. The problem is that the hotel is aging and needs a renovation. Its not terrible but to carry an Omni flag, its probably time to get renovating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your feedback. We are very happy to hear the staff made such a lasting impression with their "Texas charm" but disappointed that the accommodations missed the mark. We do hope our level of service will bring you back to our property the next time you are in Corpus Christi.
Sherman, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I visited the Omni Bayfront for a business conference held in the same hotel. I could tell the hotel was a little older, but not for Omni's lack of trying. I thought the rooms were cozy, relaxing, clean, "beachy" and very comfortable. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The balcony view of the ocean and sea wall was gorgeous. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted to hear your experience was so wonderful and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Corpus Christi.
Midland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel is located in an excellent spot along the Corpus Christi bay area, with easy access to many of the tourist's sites. The hotel itself has been remodeled and is still in good condition; my wife was very impressed with the remodeled bathroom areas. We first stayed at this hotel when it was a Marriott in 1986, and we have continously stayed there since when we visit Corpus; I can honestly say that it has been well maintained. During our last stay, Valentine's weekend, the hotel was at full occupancy, so the entire hotel was very busy, try to stay at this hotel when there is not much going in Corpus and you cannot go wrong with the slow relaxed pace. The rooms on the higher floors afford the best views but if you want the very best rooms with views of the bay ask for the corner rooms facing the bay, the patio doors open to the outside and allow you to enjoy the sites and sounds along the shore.

Room Tip: Request corner rooms on the upper floors (10-17)facing the bay.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Corpus Christi Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to submit a review of your recent stay at our property. We are very pleased you found the location to be so ideal and that the friendliness of our staff and condition of our rooms were so impressive. We appreciate your feedback and do hope to see you again soon!
Uvalde, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Attended a leadership conference with some friends and had an awesome weekend.....hotel staff is very friendly.....love the select guest membership.....just wish we could of stayed longer.....it was a busy weekend out in about....would of been nice to just relax...hotel was very comfortable....wasn't the first time I visit the hotel and it won't be the last.

Room Tip: become a select guest.....it has some nice perks, but get someone to explain it to you so you don...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear you had such a nice stay and that our service left such a lasting impression. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Omni Corpus Christi Hotel? Share your experiences!