“Great view!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Corpus Christi Hotel

You added Omni Corpus Christi Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 North Shoreline Boulevard, Corpus Christi, TX 78401   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #3 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Dallas, Texas
“Great view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night recently with my mom and 2 kids. We requested a room with a view of the USS Lexington and got a great room on the 17th floor. Arrived just in time to catch the sunset and also got up for the sunrise. The room faced north, so we got to enjoy both!

The room was nice. All rooms have a balcony. The hotel was quiet. No issues at all.

The kids enjoyed swimming in the indoor/outdoor pool. The fitness facilities looked nice, but we took advantage of the awesome weather and walked along the sea wall and through the marina.

Valet parking was reasonable at $15, but there was also plenty of free parking on the street.

If you're a Texan (or even if you're not), don't pass up a visit to the flagship Whataburger a short walk away.

Room Tip: Request a room on a high floor for the best views of the bay. North side if you want to see the Lexi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Corpus Christi Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post your positive feedback from your recent visit to our hotel. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope that when your plans bring you back to Corpus Christi, you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Houston TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Only stayed for one night, but the location was good and the rooms were nice. The bathroom was smaller than I like for business travel, but it was clean and the towels were thick and soft. The pool and exercise room were small and not overly impressive. They had a decent bar area for happy hour with colleagues.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that overall your stay was an enjoyable one and we hope to see you again soon!
Baytown, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Omni Bayfront is a very nice accomodation. The reservation process was very complicated as the hotel is being taken over by Holiday Inn. The staff was very helpful. The food was fair but there are many good places to eat close by.

Room Tip: Ask for a room about the 10th floor for a view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to submit a review of your recent stay. Just to clarify however, the Omni Hotel Bayfront Tower is still an Omni property. The Marina Tower was sold to Holiday Inn.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Spectaluar view of the sunrise from room on the sixth floor. staff was kind, friendly, helpful and curtious upon check in and check out. we attended a banquet on the third floor which the hotel seemed to accomidate the extra 950 guest on hand. an extremely positive experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Corpus Christi Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We are very pleased to hear your experience at the Omni Corpus Christi was so positive. We're glad you were able to enjoy one of our spectacular sunrises over the Gulf and that the staff provided such wonderful service. We invite you to join us again when your travels bring you back to our area.
McAllen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This property has great rooms and views. The guest rooms and bathrooms are updated with modern beach and seaside decor and are very relaxing! My room was located farthest from the water and I still had a good view. Other than the rooms, I walked down throughout the hotel and although I didn't eat at the restaurants or lounges located at the hotel, they appeared attractive. I attended a 2 day conference at the hotel, and the conference rooms, lobby and lower level common areas were in need of updating. The room decor didn't match the lower levels of the hotel. Great Location as well, and a short walk to several bars and eateries and attractions.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
We are glad you had a great stay at the Omni Corpus Christi. Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and we hope you will return soon!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My mother and I stayed at the Omni Jan 11-13 2013 and from start to finish, all the staff exceeded our expectations. Our Loyalty Ambassador, Sylvia Velasquez, got us an spectacular corner room with views of the Lexington and the harbor/yacht club. We spent some time at the lounge, enjoyed the breakfast buffet and even had a chance to get a pedicure and my hair done. We plan on spending more time at this remarkable oasis.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room - you can see almost the entire bay.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We are delighted to hear your stay at the Omni Corpus Christi exceeded your expectations and was such a memorable experience. We will ensure Sylvia receives your feedback as well and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to our area.
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were in town for the conclusion of our fraud case in Federal Court (on the good side of the suit). We have stayed at the Bayfront Omni several times during this lawsuit ordeal and have had positive stays that I have written about on TA. This time was nothing short of a disaster. It started with the booking process at the 800 line. We could not get a room online at the Bayfront and knew it was a better property than the Marina. Giving up I called Omni, the woman on the phone told me there were no rooms available at the Bayfront and we would have to book into the Marina. She said there were 6 weddings and many flight crews that were booked into the hotel and it was sold out. I got off the phone and wondered why so many people would be getting married in January on weekdays, didn't make sense. I didn't question Sue as to why this was so but she sounded pretty sure of why I couldn't book a room. I decided to call the hotel directly, the woman, Annie, almost transferred me back to reservations but I stopped her and she told me they had plenty of space but that Monday they were doing maintenance of some kind and we couldn't get a room that day only. That sounded more like the real story and we booked in for two nights. Our first night at the Marina wasn't good and I wrote a separate review on that. When we moved over after our hearing, the valet guys were fine and a bellman took our things up. At the front desk Annie checked us in, I tried to reserve a room for a friend of ours but the rate had mysteriously gone up another 20.00 dollars overnight. Annie said it was due to occupancy so I passed on paying 169.00 a night for another room, now I am even more thankful I didn't book that extra room. We got into the room and discovered pretty quick that the bathroom had a bad smell, the bathtub faucet was dripping, the A/C was shutting off on it's own and the room was staying warm. On our way out we asked Annie to change rooms and she obliged, Annie was very helpful the entire time but it's too bad this hotel doesn't allow more latitude for the staff to make guests happy.
When we got back to our hotel from visiting friends the stay got rapidly worse. I dialed zero and asked where I could get water in the hotel, the woman told me there were vending machines on the 3rd floor. I thought this was interesting since the vending in the Marina Tower was also on third floor. I went down to the third floor and walked all over for 5 or 10 minutes not finding anything. I returned to the room and called again, this time another woman told me they were on 2nd. BINGO, this time, they were where I was told. In hindsight I think the two properties share an operator or at least that is the only way I can think of for someone telling me vending is on three at the Bayfront when it's on two. Anyway, I went down there and swiped my credit card only to find the machine was out of water. Mind you there are two soda dispensing machines and only one slot for water. I returned to the room and called the operator again, no help at all, he said I could call room service. After some prodding he also said that the bellmen have water. I asked him if he could have the bell stand send up a couple of waters and he agreed. After 20 minutes and our food arriving from room service, I walked down and the bell stand gratefully gave me 4 small waters. Those guys are great and we took care of those guys well. We started to get into our food and discovered that there was only one setting so I called room service, they said they were sending another "right away". We waited another ten minutes and finally I clawed into my food without utensils. We finished our food (which was good) and were settling in watching TV and we got a knock on the door, it was a lady with three large bottled waters. Now mind you this was at least 30 minutes after I walked down and got some already. 20 minutes later another knock at the door and Voila our place setting appeared, I nicely told the woman that we had eaten an hour before and I didn't even take the tray with water and the setting. 20 minutes later there was another knock on the door and it was a fruit plate from room service for messing up our meal. Nice thought but we were full from eating, I put that in the refrigerator where it stayed. Mind you I had to get up each time and get dressed to answer the door. After another 30 minutes I got a call from Room Service asking how our meal was and had to go into the whole story. She assured me they would credit something off the meal total but didn't specify how much which I thought was weird. Again, no power to the employees to fix wrongs. We finally got to sleep and the sleep was good, no complaints there. When we left the room the next morning to go down to breakfast I noticed that the woman who brought the place setting chose to leave the setting and water in the hallway by our room rather than take it back where she came from. Never have seen that before. We stopped at the front desk to ask to have the cockroach that appeared in our tub overnight evicted. We had to walk up a stopped escalator to the second floor. I looked and both up escalators were stopped. Not a big deal to me but I bet it is to older people. If you have escalators run them in both directions or tell us why they are stopped.
After breakfast my fiancé went down to the gift shop and got a coffee and bought a hat, she wanted to put it on the room. The lady asked her if she "had a room here". WTH ? Why would she ask if she had a room there if she wants to put it on the room ? Maybe it came out wrong but it sounded insulting to my fiancé. So, from the booking process all the way through to the gift shop things aren't like they used to be. Not sure what is going on with this hotel but I am going to guess there is new management involved. The employees don't seem happy anymore and our stay certainly reflected problems. We were laughing that the Wynn in Vegas was going for 139.00 last night. Trust me this property is no Wynn and certainly not worth 149.00 at least not this time. I stayed over 325 nights in hotels last year and can speak from experience that this was not a good stay. Next time we will probably look around for a better hotel and a better value.

Room Tip: Maybe we were the exception to the rule here but I didn't get that impression. I would check ar...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
It was disappointing for us to read your review of our hotel. Please accept our apologies that your stay did not met your expectations and we hope we will have a future opportunity to provide you with a better stay.

Been to Omni Corpus Christi Hotel? Share your experiences!